Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Let me tell why I love this high chair, even though it's garish and looks like a baby took over our condo (well, he did). I was told by other moms in my moms' group that this was the chair to get, and they were right.

It was fairly easy to put together, and once we had it, we've left it unfolded in our dining room. It has 7 height adjustments. We have used two - the highest height and we recently moved it down so that our son can eat at the table with us without the tray. The tray itself is a wonder - it snaps on and off, and has a removable insert that you can wash in the dishwasher. Without the insert, you can snap in a toy with lights and music (batteries not included). There is also a tiger teether tethered to the side of the tray.

The biggest issue with babies when they eat is the mess. So the high priority for us was an easy to clean chair. It fits the bill. The fabric doesn't have any crevices for food to get caught in, and we can wipe it clean with a moist paper towel. As I mentioned, the tray is dish-washable. We did find food under the seat cover - assuming that happens on every chair, it's nice that it's easy to remove the cover.

So, the only two problems with it that I could see are the bright, garish "child" look and feel that may not go well with your home decor (and to that, I say, it's nothing compared to the bouncer, the swing, the stationary play center, the toy bin, the push & go and so forth). Also, our son now points to the frog on the chair, so it's giving him some visual stimulation. The other problem for some people may be the size. It does fold up but unfolded it takes up the space of a dining room chair. For those people, I recommend a fisher price healthy care booster seat, like this one: Fisher-Price Precious Planet Healthy Care Booster.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Fisher-Price has done it again with their Rainforest Deluxe High Chair! It is a quality product and provides an excellent value in terms of its longevity and utility.

My daughter purchased this chair after trying one by Graco and finding it unsuitable for her son. Unlike the Graco, the back of the Fisher-Price Rainforest Deluxe High Chair is not so high as to bother the child using the chair. The large tray is easy to put on and remove; the included toy is a nice extra which can be used to entertain your little one while you are preparing his/her meal. The colorful design on the chair appeals to little ones - yes, it is a bit bright, but then baby equipment usually is. The chair is easy to move. The plastic covering is easily cleanable; the piping appears to be a nylon, parachute-type material and is also easily cleanable. My grandson's first birthday cake was shaped like a bee and iced with black and bright yellow frosting. As one-year olds are prone to doing, he made an absolute mess of his cake. The black frosting wiped off the piping easily and did not stain it.

The two drawbacks to this chair are minor. If the weather is warm, the chair's plastic covering can cause your little one to sweat quite a bit. I had considered taking the pad off the chair and using it as a pattern to make a quilted covering to place over the plastic. However, the necessity of removing it and washing it every day was enough to discourage that idea. Instead, we took an inexpensive bath towel and created a pocket which fit over the chair's back. We then let the rest of the towel fall down the back, between the harness straps, and onto the seat. This kept our little one from getting hot and sweaty while eating and was easy to remove and wash. The other issue I do have with the chair is that the wheels are not rubberized or coated with some type of material that will grip the floor. If you are using this chair on tile or hardwood, it can be scooted easily even when the wheels are locked. Because he sits at the table without the tray, our little one has discovered he can push off from the table and move his chair at will. Gripping, coated wheels would probably solve this problem.

Of course, you can pay hundreds of dollars more for a sleek, contemporary high chair - but why would you. Little ones are, by nature, not the tidiest diners on the planet and a sturdy, easily cleaning high chair will trump expensive but less practical high chairs any day. I definitely recommend the Fisher-Price Rainforest Deluxe High Chair.
on January 16, 2015
First, let me say that I NEVER write reviews, even though I buy just about everything from Amazon. I first purchased a Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair in 2006 for my first child. I loved it then. It was well constructed, easy to assemble, and had all the features I wanted: easy to clean seat pad, one-hand tray removal, reclining seat back, and multiple height adjustments. In addition to all that, it held up to the rigors of 4 years of use with an incredibly active child. The only reason I got rid of our first chair was because we didn't anticipate having more children, and when I gave it away it was still in nearly new condition because it was that well constructed (and because I cared for it meticulously). Fast forward 8 years and I was shopping for a high chair once again. I was thrilled to discover this chair is still manufactured by Fisher-Price. I shopped around to see what else was out there, and not one chair even came close to this one (not Graco, Chicco, Peg Perego, etc.). While reading the reviews to confirm that the newest model of this chair still held up to the same standard as the first, I was baffled by some of the negative comments, and I think they should be addressed now that I have purchased the newest model.

1. People have complained that it's difficult to assemble. This could not be further from the truth. I have smaller and weaker than average hands and had no problem putting this together by myself. I spent less than half an hour on assembly. Furthermore, the second time I bought this chair, I bought it second-hand. I disassembled the entire chair (even the parts that arrive assembled from the manufacturer) so that I could clean it. I still had no trouble reassembling the chair, even the parts for which there were no instructions. I think you have to be really dense or just terrible at assembling things in order to have trouble with this chair. In either case, the issue would be with the person assembling it and not with the actual chair or assembly.

2. Similar to this complaint is that it has "too many" screws. The chair has 15 screws. People who think that's too many to secure a product with the features of this one would be the first to complain that a product was not sturdy enough or that it failed to support their child. Here's the breakdown of the location/purpose for the screws: 4 total screws secure the bottom leg portions that contain the wheels to the straight leg portions; 2 screws secure the footrest to the bottom of the seat; 4 total screws secure the seat to the 2 poles that support your child's weight; 4 total screws secure these poles to the sliding mechanisms that allow you to adjust the seat height; 1 screw is used to keep the pin that allows the seat back to recline secure. There are other screws in the product, but the 15 I mentioned are the only ones the consumer has to install. All the others are installed at the factory.

3. Some have complained about having to slide the tray all the way off to remove it instead of being able to lift it straight off. This is also user error. The tray comes with a front button that allows you to adjust or remove the tray with one hand. It ALSO comes with two release buttons on the bottom sides of the tray that are intended to be used when you remove the tray in the traditional two-hand method. Removing the tray this way permits you to lift it directly off the chair rather than sliding it.

4. People have complained about food getting stuck between the seat pad and chair. You're feeding a child. Children are messy. The chair is not liable for the fact that you have a tiny human sitting in it, and that tiny human happens to be practicing fine motor skills on food. No matter what chair you buy, food is going to get on its parts. Even if it didn't get between the pad and seat, it would get SOMEWHERE that you'd have to clean. Stop complaining and take the (easily removable) pad off the chair and clean it. It's not that difficult.

5. People have complained that you have to remove the smaller inner tray in order to use the toy. The inner tray is removable so that you can put it in the dishwasher after your child has made a mess on it. Your child shouldn't be eating AND playing with the toy simultaneously anyway, so I don't understand why this is a complaint. The chair is functioning in the way it was designed.

6. Here's what I consider the most ridiculous complaint: It's too bright, too childish, too whatever means it doesn't "fit in" with your decor or lifestyle. It's for a child. If you're complaining about a high chair messing with your design aesthetic, you might want to reconsider this whole parenting thing, especially considering that the colors and contrast of the pad are consistent with an infant/small child's developing vision. In other words, it's designed to aid in and appeal to your child's developing visual sense and interest. You don't buy your couch based on your child's interests, and you shouldn't buy children's products according to adult sensibilities.

I really can't think of a negative thing about this chair. I guess it would be nice if it retailed for less than $100, but most other chairs are around the same price point. It seems that most of the negative reviews are a result of the person either not understanding the purpose and function of the chair or just having wildly unrealistic expectations of the product.
on December 30, 2010
I love this!

I received this for my son in 2007 as a baby shower gift, which I had registered for and it lasted through both my kids. Our 15 month old is still using it. The tray holder in the back for the pop out insert comes in handy and the toy still works great...we have owned this for 3 almost 4 years! I also LOVE how it reclines when the babies fell asleep. It is really easy to adjust (low to the ground so my toddler can color "next" to her brother on his table & higher so she can "sit" at the family table with us).

Only complaint is that the once easy to wipe cover is starting to crack- however the Fisher-Price website has a replacement we can order for about $20, but it has been on back order the last couple times we checked :-(
We used the whole rainforest collection with both our kids & all the products worked out well for our family as we have one boy and our little girl. It is neutral & fun.
on December 18, 2013
Can't deny this high chair is super cute. Toys are okay, the teether(tiger) broke off after being used with a 2nd child, The buttons on the larger toy are hard for baby to push to make music. But what I dislike the most about this chair is the tray, it is not curved to go around the baby making the adjustment for the babies depth to awkward at best. Even though there are three setting for the seat to tilt and 3 settings for the tray for the depth, you can only use a couple of them, because there is not enough space for the baby with out the tray being curved on the inside and I am not talking about a chubby baby.
The tray falls off all the darn time when trying to move it out to get baby out, Can't tell you how many times I have had the tray fall and the toys fall on my feet. Honestly, I have owned 3 different high chairs over the past 20 years, I have had a high chair in my kitchen for pretty much the entire time since starting to raise my children and running a home day care and although I think this chair is cute it is my least favorite of the chairs I have owned.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 28, 2012
This is a great high chair. Set up was easy I was able to do it in about 20 mins. I love the toy it keeps her busy for almost an hour.
review image
on September 29, 2011
I wasn't part of the purchasing of this product but I certainly am a part of the use of it. My daughter loves the click in tree toy and it provides a much needed distraction when trying to prepare her food or just keep her in the kitchen with me. Overall the construction seems pretty solid. I really like the removeable washable tray. The attached teether/rattle tiger is a nice touch because it can stay on regardless of what setup you have the chair in.

A couple of notes: The main tray sliding off and on is not the smoothest action and it is tough to lock it into a good spot with just one hand. Also, I have no idea why you would want to recline the chair as much as it is capable of. Any ideas on that? This thing isn't for sleeping, is there some new-age feeding technique that requires an incline position? Regardless, this is a good product for a good price. Hope it lasts for a few kids!

**Update after about 6 months the light up tree toy became more and more difficult to trigger the little show and finally stopped working all together. We contacted Fisher-Price and all they asked for was the model number and sent us a new toy-unit for free. Great/Fast customer service on that one. The fabric and wheels are holding up fine for this thing too, the only thing that becomes more of a burden for how big my daughter is (18 months 90 percentile height) now is the five point harness, she is too tall for them to comfortably fit over her shoulders and they really don't adjust any higher than the initial setting, you can only loosen the overall strap. We just plop her in on top of them and with the tray engaged she isn't going anywhere.
on October 18, 2011
I decided to get this high chair after much research for my 6 month old. He is now 28 months and we are still using and loving this chair - I have not been disappointed. There are a lot of features that drew me to this one, here are the ones I can think of:

- One-handed tray removal was essential for me and this one is really easy to use
- The dishwasher-safe removable tray is fantastic
- The chair pad is easy to wipe clean in place or remove completely and throw in the washing machine
- I liked the 3 point safety harness it came with but we quickly realized that it wasn't really needed and we removed it completely, which was easy to do (nice to have the option either way)
- The one-handed back tilt was very nice, as well, when he was relaxing with a bottle in the chair.
- The tray toy and attached rattle were a nice distraction when he was little, however, the electronic chip that played the music went bad after only a few months and the sound option was unusable. Not a big deal to me since it was not the reason I bought the chair, but disappointing given the limited use it got.
- The chair has the 7 height options, which is nice. We use the top height the most but have been using a lower height more recently to sit at the dining table without the tray.
- The crotch bar (not sure what else to call it) is in the chair not the tray. I preferred this set up so that my son could sit securely without slipping down while I put the tray on. It is also helpful as he gets older to keep him secure in the chair when we use it at the table without the tray.
- I liked the colorful print and my son has had fun as he has grown pointing at (and now being able to identify) his "friends" sitting around him - the frog, butterfly and bird.

Our only issue with it (besides the defective add-on toy) is that we have found the wheel locks annoying. We leave the chair set up and then roll it to a different part of the room for meals. We are constantly stepping on the little lock tabs which causes it to drag. My husband doesn't understand why they are there... "do people feed their child on a hill?" : I'm sure they come in handy for some but just have not been for us.

This is a great chair and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
on February 2, 2011
We have had this high chair for two kids now and it has held up perfectly.

The Good:
- I love the toy that fits onto the tray. Baby cannot knock it off or play the "I drop it and laugh while Mommy picks it up" game.
- I love that the toy is removable when its time to feed.
- The wheels roll smoothly and no problems of them getting stuck
- The pattern is soooo cute
- The seat is very easily adjusted from far back recline to up close to the tray. One hand adjustment too! That is a bonus!
- Very easy to put together
- Plastic vinyl very easy to keep clean and very few areas that food can get into that cannot just be wipes away.
- The seat belt... although it was not easy for us to install... maybe we did it wrong? The seat belt is a three point harness.
- Easy storage since it folds up
- Height adjustable and not by small degrees... it goes almost all the way down to the floor so you can sit at the couch if you wanted to feed baby. Pretty handy when you are in my situation where you are breastfeeding while spoon feeding your 15 month old
- Tray is dishwasher safe and fits our small dishwasher just fine
- The added head support for early users

Not so Good:
- The wheels were so easy to lock that every time we moved the chair one would get locked by accident.
- The seatbelt is great for safety but they are a pain to get baby in and out.. they are 3 point harness straps.
on September 19, 2011
I had done much research on highchairs prior to making a purchase. I read all the reviews, checked with Consumer Reports, spoke with moms I know to get their input. I felt confident I new what I wanted when I went into the stores with my baby to try them out. It was a very disappointing experience. I was not happy with choices from BabiesRus, Target, Walmart, Buy Buy Baby. I came home and got back on the internet to see what I could find there. I had previously purchased the Fisher Price Rain Forest floor Play Gym and also the Fisher Price Rain Forest jumper so when I saw the Fisher Price Rain Forest Highchair I was very excited. The chair met my requirements; it had a 5-point harness, height was adjustable, seat recline was adjustable. I ordered it. Upon arrival, I tore into the box unable to wait for my hubby to come home and assemble it for me. Assembly was very easy and only took me about 30 minutes to do (and I had no left-over parts):)
So far, this chair has exceeded my hopes. It has 7 height adjustments which is fantastic. It can easily be adjusted to work at the supper table or in the living room lower to the floor. It has 3 recline positions, a removable top tray, and a very fun toy that snaps into the top of the tray that lights up and spins and plays 3 or 4 different songs. While the toy is not in use it has a very convenient hook that safely holds the toy and keeps it out of the way. The only cons I can mention is each wheel has a little lever that locks it and keeps the high chair from rolling. These little levers seem to end up in the locked position all by themselves so when I try to move it I end up dragging it instead of rolling it. Not a big deal, I just pop the lever back up. Also, the tray is a little challenging to open/close with one hand. I wish it had one of those trays that was attached on one side by a hinge and snapped into place on the other side. Those are much easier trays, but I have been unable to find them on any highchair.

Overview:
Pros: easy assembly; very adjustable; seat cover is machine washable; bonus toy; 5-point harness; baby is very comfy and SAFE in the seat; no limbs get stuck anywhere.
Cons: wheels lock too easily; tray could be easier to slide open.

All in all, I am very happy with this purchase and would highly recommend it.