Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 30, 2008
I have twins, and bought two playmats - this one and the Tiny Love. I have to say the Tiny Love wins hands-down, though this one does have some nice features. I would give it 5 stars if it only had more toys on it to hold baby's attention, but it is very sparsely populated in the toy department.

Pros:

has nice music and a couple of flashing lights

has a detachable monkey which the babies LOVE - they try to eat him every chance they get

babies also like the elephant rattle and spinning wheel toy

babies like looking at the playmat animals during tummy time - very cute design!

Cons:

There definitely aren't enough toys on this! If they don't want to include more toys, at least include enough toy holders so you can add your own.

The toys that are included aren't all that interesting, with the exception of the three I mentioned.

The mirror on the giraffe points in the wrong direction - not toward the center of the mat as in the ad, but parallel with the edge, a position in which the baby would never be. I have to hold the mirror for baby to see herself during tummy time. No way to get it to point in the right direction.

To my horror, I turned around to see baby holding the mirror that had fallen out of the red frame and was about to chomp down - it's a thin, very sharp disc. Baby would easily have cut herself. It's constantly falling out - I've had to restick that $@#! thing a dozen times and watch the babies like a hawk. I've tried to glue it in, but need stronger glue I suppose.

The butterflies at the top should spin - seems like they are supposed to spin, since they are on a mobile that rotates - but they do nothing, and are too high up for babies to reach. Are we supposed to spin it for the babies? It's in an awkward position for this. Maybe mine is broken.

Overall I'd say this is cute, but kind of worthless overall and expensive. There are much better playmats out there. I have the rainforest bouncy seat which the girls absolutely love, which is why I bought this playmat, but now wish I hadn't.
99 comments| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2009
My daughter loves this product. At first she laid there and looked at the lights and the she started hitting the toys, which eventually turned into grabbing them. Now at three months she is turning ove on her side to get to the toys better, she is almost turning over.
66 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2007
My baby has been fascinated with the lights and hanging animals since 6 weeks. Nice music- more upbeat songs for when active, and quieter rainforest sounds for when getting sleepy.
on July 1, 2009
This toy looks great and my son enjoyed playing with it until I checked it out on Healthytoys.org and found that it contains the flame retardant and toxin bromine. This is very unfortunate since the chemical can cause nervous system and thyroid damage. I will not purchase anything now without making sure it has been tested to be safe. Fisher-Price denies that there baby products contain flame retardants but there 9 test done on different parts of this product by Healthytoys.org and all showed that it contains bromine. Mattel who owns Fisher-Price was recently fined for distributing toys that contain lead: [...]
2424 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2007
My son has been using this playmat since he was 2 months old. He is now 7 months and still reaches for it daily. He has learned to flip it over so he can reach the higher toys. I have yet to replace the batteries and everything still works great. The music plays for quite a while so you don'thave to keep running over to restart it. My son also loves the crinkle leaf and zebra tail on the mat itself. Since he has been rollling over, he can now chew on them and it is one more thing to keep him occupied! I highly recommend this line of products!
55 comments| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2011
Filipe is only 45 days old but he loves his baby gym.
review image review image
on December 28, 2015
I bought this because a few years back a friend had the same one and it was great, cute, and good quality. Well, they must have changed their production standards because the one I got is just awful! It seems that no matter how I try to position the legs they're always skewed a little, the mat never flattens out on the ground because the legs don't spread out enough nor do they hold it in place, and in general it just doesn't stay put. After its been out for a little bit it just has the general look of being in a perpetual state of about to fall over. I'm so disappointed and I hate putting my baby in this thing. For the price this was a huge disappointment. I will add photos when I can get on my laptop to do so.
review image review image review image review image
on October 6, 2011
Last month I would have given this product 5 stars because my son loves it, however we recently found out that the spinning parrot toy is quite dangerous. Now that my son's five months old he can reach the toys better. He was happily playing on the mat until I heard him screaming. Upon checking on him I saw his wrist stuck in this toy and it started turning purple. Thank goodness he let me know he was hurting otherwise who knows what damage could have resulted to his hand with decreased circulation.
on December 24, 2012
We bought this gym for our 2 month old son and he absolutely loves "playing in the jungle!" Between the flashing lights, the music and the hanging toys, he's got plenty to keep him busy. Although it seems early, I'm pretty sure he's already figured out which toy rattles when it's hit and he bonks it to hear the noise! He "dances" and coos and looks at everything. I'm just so happy with this purchase. It was $30 cheaper on Amazon than the local stores too!
review image
on March 12, 2014
I bought this playset because the product details listed it as being made in the USA. When the package arrived it said MADE IN CHINA. I avoid buying children's products made in China for safety reasons and will be sending this back immediately.
review image