5.0 out of 5 stars I chose this one because it's soothing
Published on February 13, 2007 by Alabama Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit
I was very disappointed when I went to attach this mobile to my crib and it doesn't fit! The attachment is meant for small railings, so if your crib has a lot of wood trim, do not buy this! I'm sad because it's really cute otherwise.
Published on February 10, 2011 by LeahC

5.0 out of 5 stars I chose this one because it's soothing, February 13, 2007
This review is from: Fisher-Price Rainforest Peek-A-Boo Leaves Musical Mobile (Baby Product)
I compared reviews on this mobile along with the TinyLove mobile called Symphony in Motion and the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders mobile. I really like the fact that Symphony in Motion is award winning but the biggest drawback to that one is the fact that it can actually keep babies awake because of how active it is. And I like the Ocean Wonders mobile because of the ceiling projection but the drawback there is that people said you pretty much have to have the room pitch black dark to see those images well. Since we keep a night light on for our little one, we decided against that one too. In the end, we chose the Fisher Price Rainforest mobile because it seemed to be the most soothing and we were NOT disappointed. She tries hard to stay awake and watch the leaves go and colorful animals go round and round. But there's something about the slow speed of the rotation along with the jungle noise and/or classical music that just makes her drowsy everytime. My husband and I are VERY pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product. I want to marry it., October 16, 2010
Doc (Issaquah, WA United States) - See all my reviews
After crashing through three weeks of motherhood like a wild boar, I realized dimly in my sleep-deprived state, that I owned this mobile. It was placed on my registry as an afterthought, urged by overzealous parenting magazines and bolstered by good reviews. Though it didn't fit my crib, I affixed it to the back of a dining room chair. As I write this review, I listen to my baby sleeping peacefully after listening to a round of Mozart. I feel like shaking the baby monitor to see if it is broken. Four days ago I told my husband, "if this isn't a fluke, I swear, I am going to write the best product review ever." This is what I could muster without mentioning promising sex acts to the product makers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!!, April 10, 2007
Kimberly A. Lamb (Long Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love this mobile so much that I ended up buying one for my 3 month old niece. They love it too!! This is one of the best mobiles because of the movements and the colors as well as the fact that you still have a little night light with a music box when you detatch the mobile part. Not to mention that it plays music for close to 20 minutes. My 13 month old loves it (and so does my 4 year old). He is just mesmerized by it when he's tired and amused with it when he wakes up and turns it on after he's done sleeping.

I was a little reluctant about this mobile when I read some reviews about it being too quiet. I wanted to set the record straight. The mobile is quiet...but it's for a baby and you are trying to lull them to sleep so how loud do you want it to be? I think that the volume is perfect but if you prefer to make it louder or the house is loud you can switch it to a louder volume but we always keep it on the softest and it's just fine.

I highly recommend this mobile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth It, December 21, 2007
When I bought this I was somewhat hesitant for 2 reasons- it's high price & because I really wanted one with bold primary colors. At the time all the mobiles I saw for sale we pastel with "critters" that faced up (baby sees bottom only) & were strictly wind up.

We use this mobile on our baby's bassinet. The way it attaches may limit what it can be attached to. My husband had a hard time getting it on securely. Eventually he was successful.

We use this item throughout the day every day. Our 9 week old loves it. The mobile circulates as most do; however, this mobile has additional movement as the leaves go up and down. This is eye catching for the infant. Also- if you turn it off while the leaves are in the down position it makes it very compact.

The base which attaches to the crib is bulky. It has a light, also eye catching, & sounds. There are 4 different sounds. One of which is a soothing jungle background (others are Midi type music). Our infant enjoys this because it has an interesting monkey call. If the room you are using this mobile in has any background noise the mobile seems too quiet even on the loudest setting. In a quiet room the loudest setting seems loud (the lowest is fine). You have the ability to turn the light on or off. The same for the music.

The battery life seems to be good on this item. It has an auto shut off feature that can be your friend or foe. It saves you in batteries but can upset a child engaged in it's movements! Luckily it has a remote you can use to quickly turn it back on (though it never seems to be near when I am busy)!

To my surprise - it was worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, February 10, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Loud Enough, November 9, 2006
This is very cute, and matches our son's room. I was excited to see the new Rainforest Line. However, this mobile is not very loud at all. The music is ok, but the rainforest sounds are very quiet. I'm sure that the baby can still hear it, but it seems so quiet. I am returning this and getting the Nature Sensations Mobile instead. I had high hopes for this and was disappointed.

EDIT: It is lound enough in a quiet room - the speaker points down to the baby so that he can hear it fine. Also, some other reviews says it turns on randomly in the middle of the night. Well, we figured out it was the baby hitting a button on the light portion and turning it on that way. When our baby did that, it was a good thing because he was squirming anyway - but if your baby did it in his sleep and it woke him up, that would be bad. I would change my rating to a 4 now after we've used this a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars mobile, April 21, 2007
My only complaint is that the remote is loud, so we never use it. The music is great, although, some of the music is programmed under the wrong composer. Oh well. I guess the babies aren't reading the composers' names anyway!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit on convertible crib, January 31, 2010
I will be returning this mobile, unfortunately - it will not fit on the Ragazzi Etruria shaker stage crib, and I feel there might be similar issues with other convertible cribs - a definite design flaw, considering the current popularity of convertible crbs. The top railing is too high to allow the crib to be mounted, since the lip determines the placement, and the bottom of the mobile does not come down far enough to expose the hole where the clamp attaches. Wish I knew about this before I ordered - every other Fisher-Price model shows the mounting in pictures, and all the other mobiles use straps to hold it in place, not a lip plus clamp, and this mounting style was NOT apparent in any of the stock photos. Not recommended for convertible cribs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mobile, May 27, 2007
This mobile really is nice because its great for a boy! I was finding a lot of the mobiles out there were kind of girly. The mobile is soothing, colorful and is just great. However, if there is only one thing I could change it would be the volume. It has 2 volume settings however, they are both low. That is why I only gave this mobile 4 stars. Other wise its perfect!

2.0 out of 5 stars Stops moving after a week, gets stuck!!, July 21, 2011
Mav212 (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:16 Mins

I Bought this Mobile and it stopped moving in two weeks per the attached video. It works fine if you remove the fabric leaves that come with it. I would recommend this if you are ok this happening as a couple other people have pointed it out in reviews. However the fact that it stops working deserves low marks.

ARRAY(0xa8a8a7c8)