Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since we have become a three generation family, I have been stretched in many ways, but probably the greatest is assembling toys for my granddaughter.

We had been looking for an activity table that would set nicely in our living room, and was delighted to try this one from Vine to set up our granddaughter. In fact, since she loves cooking (cooks in the pool, in the bathtub, and with all of the kitchen implements in her bedroom), the kitchen parts were an added plus for her.

If you aren't watching the video, there are 14 parts to assemble, 24 (Phillips head) screws, and 6 AA batteries to bring this project together. I had intended to put it together later, but UPS left it on my porch while we were grocery shopping, and my granddaughter immediately wanted to play with it. It took a short time to assemble it (mostly screwing things in place), but the instructions were easy, and it came out very study. Given the price, I find it a great combo deal that will work with kids, especially when you are working with a small area as we are.

The table at the lower level is VERY short, although it might be useful for toddlers. We immediately adjusted it to the taller height, and she was able to get a chair under it, so it will do the dual duty as an activity table. I especially appreciate that the center is designed to hold the toys that come with it, so they can stay together. With her imagination, she puts everything inside it at night and calls it "the dishwasher."

The extra special part was that the pizza comes in pieces and can be turned over to make either veggie or pepperoni pizza. The plates and silverware are good size, and the cups are actually large enough that she wanted to drink out of them.

The stove top fits over the oven, and once the batteries are in place, the timer actually turns on a light inside of the oven. The stove also bubbles and sizzles, making it fun to cook.

On the other hand, it is difficult to fit the pizza tray inside of the oven (and the oven door is difficult to snap shut). Workable, but still notable. Also, the tray with the food and songs held no appeal for her, I turned it on, and she immediately turned it off. It is likely because of her age - she wants to play, not listen to things, since she has an active imagination.

Because of the sturdiness, we will be using it outdoors as well as indoors.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
So I received this toy as part of a party. Upon first assembly, the table top was cracked. I don't know if this happened during shipping or during assembly, but received a replacement (again, part of a party). The table is quite sturdy once put together. They really tried to make this table hard to tip over sense it is geared toward the 2-5 crowd. I have it set on the lower setting and my toddler can stand comfortable at it and reach the center. When we had it on the upper setting, it did seem a little more unstable, but not bad. All of the "sets" that go with it are so cute. (again, party. we got all 5 with the table)

Tea set - cute. But most little girls have a tea set. I wouldn't get this one unless you just need one. It had a tea pot that has a stream of tea come out of it (cute) .. extra cups that get put everywhere. Some silverware, and a creamer + sugar container. Also has 4 little treats. The tray that everything goes on was a little difficult to assemble, just because I had to line everything up just right. Honestly, I think the only one who has put this set on the orange tray is me. My almost three year old mixes and matches this set with her Laugh and Learn set. I think it holds her attention better. Personally I'd skip this set

Baby high chair - Now this is cute. It attaches to the table and removes easily. You can put just about any small baby doll in it. The little food tray is cute, and my little one likes to pretend with it. The spoon that comes with it is supposed to "magically" change to which one of the three foods you choose. It's actually difficult for me and my husband to get the slot to match up just right. It has little teeth in each food that turn the spoon. Great idea, but not the greatest implementation. I still recommend this set however, because any little one that loves to play mommy will love this.

Grill set. - This is cute. It has a little ketchup and mustard, tongs, hot dog, bun, and a shishkabob. My three year old does like this set (although she tries to feed the hot dog to the baby doll.) The songs that play are nice too, not to loud or annoying. This one is kind of a toss up. Just depends if your little one is interested in BBQing.

Ice cream set - This set gets played with the most by far. It has 3 cones, about 6 or 8 "ice cream" scoops, 3 toppings, and a scooper in this cute little carousel holding tray. The ice cream has all different flavors. My three year old doesn't quite get the scooper to "click" on the ice cream tops to make it stay, but she does just fine holding her hands on it. Then she likes to share ice cream with us. I would really recommend this set if you are going to get one.

Birthday Cake set - This one is super cute! It comes with 4 slices of cake, sliverware, plates, and a candle that has a blow out candle. The songs for this set are nice, and my little one loves to sing along. You can also flip the cake to chocolate or vanilla. This one is also a big hit, and I recommend this set as well.

The table itself is great. I love the oven, although it is a little difficult to get it to line up correctly and close. My little one doesn't mind though and will bake a pizza or cookies any time. This table gets played with just about all day long. She has other toys she will play with, but this is certainly her favorite. Now, being 3 and sense this is in her room, she doesn't get to color at the table yet (I don't feel like her figuring out how to color on the walls.) but I'm sure the time will come for that.
The little stove top is cute, and she likes how she can cook like mommy does at it. It makes a few sound and different phrases.
We did have one major thing today. My little one decided to take her cup and tip it upside down over the orange tray ... and it is not playing anything right now. I'm not sure how much water actually got in there, but I've got it sitting on it's side right now to try to dry it and we will see if it plays again. She will be very sad if she can't sing the clean up song while she is cleaning her room anymore. If it doesn't dry on it's own, I'll try taking the battery cover off and drying it out that way. I'll update if that works or not ... i hope it does.
update - Yes, it was fried. So any water getting into the speaker area will fry it. You would think it would be a little more waterproof considering how kids this age think ("Oh its a kitchen, let me put some water here.") But we pulled out the spare and are back singing lol. Just make sure your little one knows no drinks on the table.

Overall - a Great toy. This should provide hours of entertainment for your little one. I would definitely buy it again.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
One of the nicest things about the Servin' Surprises Kitchen and Table is the fact that most of the kitchen accessories can easily be stored inside when not in use. Children can easily clean up their kitchen when they are done, lessening the chance that the smaller pieces will be lost in the shuffle. I've literally got boxes of unknown "things" that I haven't a clue as to what they originally went to. This innovative, multi-purpose table can be said to have a lot of educational value, encourage fine motor activity, or have any number of interesting attributes, but it all boils down to one thing . . . F-U-N.

* Table with convertible stovetop

* Removable oven and "magic" serving tray

* Four slices of pizza with toppings

* Pizza cutter

* Four cookies

* Cookie sheet

* Two place settings (forks & spoons)

* Spatula

* Cups and plates

As expected, there is assembly required. When we received another kitchen there were also twenty-four screws, but it's a lot of fun to include kids in the assembly process as they feel they have a bit of ownership in the process. You will need to have a Philips screwdriver and six AA batteries on hand. Assembly takes about a half an hour. The table can be adjusted as the child grows with a simple twist and lock mechanism.

When you place any of the items on the "magic" serving tray you will hear different sound effects and phrases. For example, when you put the pizza on you will hear "I'll have two slices, please!" When you put the cookies on you'll hear "Mmmmm, cookies!" Your child will also be prompted to clean up. There is a center storage unit that the pieces can go in when you're done. The stove top flips, becoming flush with the table top. The table can be adjusted to "grow" with the height of your child with a simple twist and lock movement.

There are several other accessory packs that are compatible with the Servin' Surprise Kitchen & Table that you may wish to consider. There is the Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises Ice Cream Set, the Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises Birthday Set, the Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises Deluxe Tea Set, the
Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises Grill Set,Fisher-Price Servin' Servin' Surprises High Chair Set, and the Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises Deluxe Tea Set. With the wide variety of sets, one can "customize" the table for additional fun.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
We received this as a first birthday gift for one of our children. I had been looking at play kitchens for them, so I was really excited that someone got them this. I can't comment on its long-term durability yet, but I have made several observations based on how they've played with it so far.

The good:
-They have fun with it! It's good for pretending to cook like Mommy (or Daddy) does.
-The table adjusts to two different heights. Even though the lower height is very low (the taller height is standing height for our one-year-old), it would be good if you have several little kids using this. The taller height is perfect for my one-year-old and three-year-old to play together.
-The oven light and buzzer are super cute, as are the sounds the burners make.
-It converts to a flat tabletop if you want to use it as something other than a kitchen.

The bad:
-It's not terribly stable. There is a hole in the center to put accessories, but when we had two toddler boys using it, all they wanted to do was stick their heads in the hole, which lifted the legs off the ground when they leaned on the tabletop. I know this is going to get knocked over on someone at some point.
-Almost all of the accessories available for this are junk food! The set comes with pizza and cookies, and you can buy ice cream, birthday cake, a BBQ set, a baby feeding set, and a tea set. Where are the fruits and vegetables? The selection of cookware is also pretty pitiful. It comes with one pan and a large spoon, so I guess if we want actual cooking utensils, we will have to buy them from another set.
-Like others have said, the serving tray doesn't work. Right out of the box and after trying two sets of batteries, I couldn't get it to make a sound or recognize any of the food we put on it. I have contacted FP customer service, but it's a disappointment nonetheless.
-I wish the serving tray were attached to the table somehow. Instead, there's a plastic disc that covers the hole in the middle (which doesn't store anywhere in the unit when you're using the serving tray instead). The serving tray comes out very easily, and again, when toddler boys are using it, it gets removed and swung around.
-It's missing some of the traditional elements of play kitchens. There is only an oven, a cooktop, and a serving tray. It doesn't have a sink, cupboards, etc. You can see this in the pictures and descriptions, but it's worth pointing out. If given the choice between this and something else, I would have preferred to have a kitchen that looks more like our real kitchen.
-When used as a table, it has a lot of seams in it (where the cooktop is flipped over, the two seams from putting the tabletop together, and around the cover in the center). I don't think we'll be able to use this for activities like coloring because of that, and eating at this table would be a really bad idea because of the potential for things to spill into the cooktop or down the center of the table. In other words, don't buy this for its potential as a table. You also can't get chairs to go with it.
-The oven door doesn't close easily. My three-year-old gets very frustrated trying to get it to snap closed.

If you are looking for a very basic kitchen unit that can double as a table in some instances, or if you have children who don't play rough, then this is a good choice. If you are looking for a more realistic kitchen, though, keep looking. I would happily give up the sounds (the ones that work, that is...) for a basic kitchen that has more of the amenities of a real one. My kids are enjoying it, though, and it is for them, not me, so whatever. :)

Update: I contacted Fisher-Price customer service and asked if I could get a replacement serving tray because the one that came with our set is defective. They were very nice and responded within a day; however, they won't replace just the tray. They want me to mail them the inner and outer column (which would mean I'd have to disassemble the entire unit) so that they can send me a whole new unit. First of all, I'm not taking that thing apart. And, I don't want to deal with my kids' reactions when I put their kitchen out of commission for however long it takes to get a replacement. Second, what am I supposed to do with the rest of the parts that I don't send in when I only send them the column and they send me a replacement of everything? I don't see why they can't replace only the tray. Clearly, based on other reviews, we're not the only ones having trouble with it. We are not going to bother sending anything back. We'll just live with the defective tray. If you are looking at this product, be aware that there is a good chance the tray will not work, and if it doesn't, not only are you going to have to live with it (unless you found it in a retail store that will exchange it for you, and you can hope the next one actually works), but if you've bought any accessory sets to go with it, you just overpaid by about double for what you get in those sets (given that they won't do what they're supposed to without a functioning tray). I am very disappointed in Fisher-Price for this item and their recommended "solution".

Update 9/9/13: I was right that this would get knocked over on someone eventually. My three-year-old can tip it completely upside down on its top, and my small one-year-old can tip it enough to get two legs from the base completely off the ground. Also, while at first I thought it was a great idea that the serving tray comes out to reveal a storage area, now that I've seen the tray flung around all over our house, I wish it were attached to the unit. It's a good thing it never worked for us in the first place, or it certainly wouldn't work by now. If you are considering this kitchen for kids who are tall/strong or play rough, you should probably keep looking for a sturdier unit.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's so tough trying to explain to my just-turned-3-year-old that whatever new awesome and age appropriate toy he just got has small parts and can't be left around the (7-month old) baby. This product was designed with baby siblings in mind. It's great for households with children of different ages!

My son is having a great time pretend playing: he loves putting food in the oven and serving people cookies. I appreciate the fact that my 7 month old is still able to use the table as a coffee table to practice her standing. (She also likes eating the spatula.)

The set is expandable, with a "magic" serving tray. There's basically a set of rings that the plates fit into that identify what they are. It's a pretty cool and reasonably low tech (for today's age! Hi tech would be to use RFIDs) way of adding utility: the songs that the tray sings are about pizza when the pizza tray is on, and about cookies when the cookie tray is on. However, it still sings about cookies when the pizza is on the cookie tray. It's also a bit hard for my son to actually get the rings to interlock properly, so a lot of the time it plays the default, which includes a great song about cleaning!
The door to the oven is also a bit hard to work, but since there's no "glass" in the window, my son generally just reaches right through without bothering to actually open the door.

An awesome part for parents: there's storage built in to this thing! In the center of the table is a compartment where you can put everything, and it ends up looking like a cute coffee table for the playroom.

It is very sturdy and well constructed, and it wasn't too hard to assemble using just a manual screwdriver.

Overall, it's a pretty pricy toy, but it really does capture my son's attention even though there's a lot of other things competing for it. I'd probably put this as a competitor to a kitchen like Step2 LifeStyle Custom Kitchen, and would have to say that this is a clear winner with its expandability as well as its convertability to just an ordinary play table. A kitchen is a kitchen, and when the child is done playing kitchen, or too old to play kitchen, it just goes in a yard sale. This, however, allows for playing lots of different games (including Kitchen, but also Birthday) and is just a good child sized table for drawing, building trainsets, or whatever.
on November 10, 2012
I don't rate and write reviews, unless it's something I really want to share with others. This is something I really want to share. And no, no one paid me to do so. The Fisher-Price Servin' Surprises kitchen and table is absolutely fun for kids! It is a great product that gives children the endless possibilities for creativity and imagination! The table is such a versatile piece that can be used to draw, play, and definitely eat on (just add some chairs and you're set to go!)

I originally ordered this item for my cousin's 4th birthday. When we opened the box, 2 of the plastic plates were bent (probably because of packaging). My cousin was so thrilled at the gift itself, it didn't bother her that a few pieces were misshaped! I called in to make a complaint, and the representatives were understanding and immediately sent out the parts, no questions asked! Thanks Fisher-Price!

I bought this item in October, and every day since then, my cousins have been constantly utilizing the table. For the price and great customer satisfaction, I'd say it's a steal! :)
on November 7, 2012
I bought this for my daughter for Xmas. I haven't given it to her yet, but I did get it put together and tried it out for myself.

-Seems Very Sturdy
-Easy to Assemble - It came with detailed instructions. It took me about 30 minutes.
-Easy to adjust height wise.
-Has Volume Control
-I like the muted colors. It will be okay to keep in the living room without clashing.
-Comes with enough accessories to start playing right away. You don't HAVE to purchase the add-on sets to have fun with it.
-Great for toddlers & preschoolers!

-Requires 6 AA batteries that are not included.
-Does not come with chairs (I can't find any from F-P that can be purchased separately)
-The magic green tray will NOT fit into the base with the other items. It's also too big to store inside the oven.
-The 2 included items are both "oven" foods. The optional add-on sets don't feature any "stove top" items either (except the teapot). You could use any play food though.
-No Sink or Fridge (Seems to me they could have easily added these features to the other sections of the table.)

Overall, the simple fact that it pulls double duty as a kitchen & a table makes it worthwhile in my book. I look forward to seeing what additional sets become available & I'm sure my 18 month old will love it!

My daughter has had this for 2 months and she still plays with it everyday! We have it in our living room & she is constantly using it. When she isn't cooking, she likes to use the tabletop to play with cars, babies and to read books. We still don't have chairs for it, but at the moment I doubt she'd sit still anyway. I'm very glad that we made this purchase. I can see it being around until she starts school.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
Here are a few of things that I love about this playtable....

My favorite is that it can convert from the kitchen style play table to a basic kids table - perfect for outdoor BBQ seating for toddlers, a table to color at indoors, or any type of creative play. Space is at a premium in my house, and I love products that multi-task!

I actually received this for free, from They sent out Fisher Price Playdate party packs - and this was part or ours. I loved the table right away - but when I realized that there were also a bunch of cool accessory sets to go along with it, I loved it even more :)

We have a big toy bin filled with all of the extra food sets that come with this - ice cream, birthday cake, tea party, and more. Each set works with this table to play different music, encourage them to play and dance, it's just adorable.

Two big thumbs up from this momma!
on November 14, 2012
We have had this toy for a couple of months now and my son (almost 3) plays with it every day. There is plenty to do and he also has some of the additional sets so there is even more to do. Every kid that comes over here (even older kids) play with it for at least a little bit. The storage in the middle is sufficient for the toys that come with it but if you plan to buy any additional sets you will need a storage plan for those. Overall I love this toy and would get it again!
on May 30, 2014
I like that this has an oven and stove-top and a good amount of play items to go with it. You can use it as just a table also, the taller height stands almost 20 inches tall. My 3 and 1/2 year old is tall and it's a good height for him while standing. He loves using the oven with its light and "cooking" the pizza and cookies and turning the knobs that make a bubbling or frying noise. The oven door is open in the middle so if something is not put in there exactly right it stills shuts. A bonus is that all the pieces except for the orange "magic" tray fit inside the table and my child loves putting everything in there. The "magic" tray of ours does not do like the one in the video but it does say phrases and can play songs which my child doesn't really care much about. It also holds the other trays and can spin around. We did have a problem putting this table together because one of the base pieces was the same as the other and therefore would not work, but luckily my husband is handy with tools and was able to make it work or we would have had to send this back! If it were not for that issue I would have given it 5 stars.