Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 21, 2008
This is a winner! Its mostly taken the place of the real remotes in the house - which is great! I find it comical that some of the other parent review have said this toy is "not educational" or not much for "brain development". People - toddlers learn by playing. That is how their little brain develop. A toy remote is not a set of flashcards, but thankfully toddlers don't require flashcards to learn and develop their brains.
11 comment|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2009
After searching for some time for a play remote for our daughter, we found this at a local Walmart store. It's EXACTLY what I had been looking for!

Looks close enough to the real thing that your baby shouldn't be too disappointed when you swap your real remote with this one.

My daughter loves how the blue eyelids close.

All the buttons makes SEVERAL sounds - the volume buttons on it actually do turn it up and turn it down in volume!

Her favorite button to push is the number 6 because it plays cute music.

Teaches numbers.

I always bring this with when we travel in the car or shopping at the mall. Small enough to fit in your purse, but big enough to occupy their time for a while!

VERY durable - I can't count the number of times it's been thrown around and dropped and it works perfectly!

I just love it! The batteries seem to last forever in it too which is a huge plus!

Buy it, you'll love it! We've had ours for well over a year now, it's in perfect shape, and our 19 month old still loves it.
on October 30, 2007
We bought this for our daughter when she was 9 months, and she still loves it at 15 months. Our family loves the humor built into all the Sesame Street programs and toys, and this remote is no different. The volume key actually works to incrementally turn up or down the volume of the toy and the big Monster eyes are a hit with the little one, they make a cute "power on / power off" noise when you hit the button on the side. She always liked to open and shut the eyes with her finger and I think this helped refine her control of her index finger.

The best part of the remote is that it has saved us from numerous tantrums as it is very easy to throw in the diaper bag.
VINE VOICEon June 12, 2009
This toy caught my eye because it looks almost exactly like my actual TV remote. Same color, shape, even the buttons are similarly placed. My son has an obsession with our TV remote, and whenever he gets his little hands on it, it takes me forever to undo whatever it is he's done to the TV settings!

As soon as I received this, I didn't give it to him right off. I placed it on the arm of our couch (where I tend to place our actual remote) and let him find it on his own. When he spotted it, he made a mad dash for it, and was just thrilled to pieces! He kept looking at me sideways, wondering when I was gonna take it away, and sat quietly on the couch with it for some time!

I absolutely recommend this little toy! I never put it with all his other toys, I always keep it in the living room where the real remote is so he can feel like he's playing with the actual thing...this was definitely a smart purchase!
on September 30, 2010
If your child is like my twin granddaughters and put everything in their mouths, beware that they can scrap the paint and paper off with their teeth. We had to take it away from them. The blue is painted on and the writing is paper.
on November 8, 2010
The idea of having a remote that looks just like the adults tv remote is really cute... I thought it would keep my daughter away from ours... it didnt... The quality of the toy is crappy, way over priced ... paint easily chips off... Also says really inappropriate phrases from Oscar the Grouch which you wouldnt want your young child to be saying "Get Lost Mom" lol. Cute Idea but crap toy...not worth the money
on April 25, 2011
I was really shocked when I pressed the button for number 3 and it said "GET LOST"! It is NOT appropriate for any toy, especially when it is for toddlers. No one wants their child's first word to be GET LOST. I wonder who designed this toy!!!! I would have returned it if I had found this problem before my son chewed on it. :)
Don't Buy it.
on August 25, 2010
My daughter is around 1 yr old and learning to speak. I was shock that one of the buttons says "Get Lost". It is the #3 button. I called Fisher Price and at first, the representative said that they will not make a product that do that. Then, she researched into it and apologized that it does say that because it is the Grouch character from Sesame Street on the #3 button and he says those kinds of words. There is nothing you can do to turn that button off. I think I may have to take the toy away from my daughter because the #3 is right there on the right where she presses frequently. Overall, I would not recommend this toy to a friend. I do not want my daughter's first words to be "Get Lost".
on October 6, 2010
This toy was a gift for my 1 year old daughter that we received. I am not very fond of it since it actually has rude phrases such as 'Get Lost' when you press #3 that kids can hear over and over again. It is very inappropriate for a baby of 1 year to be hearing. I don't recommend this toy to anyone.
88 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2009
I bought two of these remotes. One for me and one for my daughter's house. My grandson always wanted our remotes and of course we couldn't give him ours. I saw this on Amazon and ordered it immediately. The buttons are so big he can handle them and the eyes open and close. My grandson loved his but now at age one he has already outgrown it. So, I believe, if your child is between 6 months and 9 months this is a great toy.. Fisher-Price Sesame Street Silly Sounds Remote