4.0 out of 5 stars Silly town

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly Sillytown
Published on December 7, 2009 by Collins Mama

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly town, October 13, 2009
Miss V (cincinnati) - See all my reviews
I bought this for our 1 year old and he does sit and play with it. He actually likes the little stack and suprise blocks more then the playset itself. He plays with those all the time and loves shaking them. So if your looking for something less expensive buying the other stack and suprise toys with just the blocks your child will enjoy just as much. He does like lifting the blue shelf and finding the blocks under it. He does like the music the playset makes and when the silly things go up and down. Its kind of diffrent from what is out there so it was worth buying too me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy and good FP customer service, November 8, 2009
Ashlee (GA United States) - See all my reviews
We bought this to give my daughter for her first birthday. I think it's a cute toy, and she likes it pretty well. It's definitely great for a range of ages, because the features of the toy have different difficulty levels. She would have loved the roller that turns on the music months ago, and she likes it now still. She rolls it over and over, bounces to the music, and tries to grab the faces that pop up. She also likes putting the blocks (and every other toy that will fit) in the bin and raising the blue door to see the the toys inside. If your child likes to hide stuff like she does, he or she would definitely like that part too. She has not figured out how to stack the blocks yet, so the toy is something that she can grow into. She didn't take to it right off like she did the FP Sing-Along Stage, which she still adores after having played with it for over 6 months, but I do think the Silly Town offers enough variety that she will enjoy it for a while.
On the first one that we got, the music and pop up didn't work. I called Fisher Price, and they offered to send me another one if I returned the music part of the toy. They emailed me a mailing label to use to return the piece, and we got another brand new Silly Town in a few weeks. I was pleased with the customer service, so that is a plus for Fisher Price!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Grandchildren LOVE IT !!!, November 11, 2009
This review is from: Fisher-Price Stack 'n Surprise Blocks Songs 'n Smiles Sillytown (Toy)
I always ask my daughter in law to tell me what to buy for any grandchild's birthday....she chose this toy and once the wrapping was off, all of her 5 children (ages 10 years thru 1 year) were playing with the birthday boy !!! They had a blast and my 1 year old grandson continues to enjoy playing with this toy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Silly Sillytown, December 7, 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I checked around for prices and missed out on better deals over Black Friday to finally purchase it on Amazon for a $20 markup over Thanksgiving holiday, which was still cheap compared to many other vendors. I got it quickly with free shipping (thanks, Amazon) only to find out that my son was more interested in the little car and blocks than the whole set. The music lasts about 3-6 seconds at a time...good thing there are 16 songs...the ramp is only half operational with a block hold on it...the little knobs to move the blocks up and down is slow and uninteresting. Very boring and unappealing for over $50. Save you money and get your kids some toy cars and some blocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandmáma's house toy. ., November 1, 2009
I keep this toy to one side and slightly behind a living room chair. Our 15 month old and 2 year old "find" it, and play with it long enough that my daughters and I can actually sit in the living room and talk for awhile.

When our 4 year old visits, he does every activity on the toy once, and then moves on to trucks and cars kept in a basket at the end of the sofa.

5.0 out of 5 stars My sons FAVORITE Christmas Present, December 30, 2009
We got this for my 15 month old for Christmas. It is his favorite toy by far. Every morning when he wakes up, it is the first toy he plays with. He will sit there and spin the wheel and laugh when it makes silly sounds. He lifts up the blue storage center and puts his blocks in there, then he takes them out. He stacks and stacks and cracks up when he presses th lever that drops the blocks. He takes his other toys and puts them on top of the stacked blocks and watches his rubber "Pluto" go up and down on top of the silly faces. He loves when I pick up the blocks and shake them. I was fortunate to have only spent $25.00 on mine, and it is by far been worth the investment. We also have the Train, the Dump Truck, Caterpillar, & I just got the counting pail. I thought it would be a great toy for him, but I wanted to make sure he would like it. I took him out of the shopping cart and placed him on the ground by the Silly Town. I started it so he would know what was going on, and he just laughed. He wanted to keep spinning and watch the silly faces. My mom was not so sure, but says she is still amazed at home much he gets out of it. It is so simple, yet so enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy!, November 29, 2009
Joan Welles (Palmyra, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my Grandbaby when she was 10 months old. She runs to get it as soon as she comes over. VERY OVERPRICED! Normally runs for about 40.00.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy but a little pricey!, December 13, 2010
The grandparents bought this toy for my 7 month old son and he really seems to enjoy it! It has a lot of different things for them to do. It starts out with a ramp that has a lever and when you set the car block on it and press the red lever, it rolls down. Then it has a house with front open and you can put blocks in it and it slides down into a little storage area. When you lift the blue top to the storage and put it back down it makes some noises. The center piece has a place for 6 blocks and has a roller on the front. When you spin the roller the blocks face pop up and down and there are some lights. And finally, it ends with a little dumping station where you set a block on it and press the lever and it falls and makes some songs/noises. It comes with 8 blocks and 1 car block. It seems pretty durable, there is some minor adult assembly required. It seems pretty sturdy. If a child pulled on it from the front it would take a bit to pull it over, but if a child pulls from the back it would fall over.

Pros:
- A lot of different ways to play with it
- Lots of different colors and some different textures
- Helps younger babies with spatial skills because the faces on the blocks play peek-a-boo
- On/off, and low or high volume
- Teaches cause and effect, the songs/lights only come on when they activate it through play
- Blocks work with all of the surprise block sets
- My 7 month old just seems to have fun! It keeps him busy at least half an hour.

Cons:
- Quite large and does not collapse or have any way to become smaller for storage.
- The songs are short, but there are quite a few different ones
- A bit costly for what you get, that is the only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars

All in all, my son and I are happy with the toy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Another plastic noise maker, January 7, 2010
Virginia "Virginia from Virginia" (CLIFTON, Vatican City State (Holy See)) - See all my reviews
This toy does get some play at our house, but its educational value is limited, and if you're like me....the LAST thing you need is more plastic and more noise in your life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for 8mo old, December 30, 2009
Grandma purchased this toy for our 8 month old daughter for Christmas. If we hadn't found it during one of the Amazon gold box deals for significantly less we probably would not have purchased it at full price (too expensive for what it is). Our daughter enjoys spinning the wheel and listening to the music, she likes putting the 'people blocks' into the house and retrieving them from the bin below. She hasn't figured out the ramp yet. I think we'll be able to get at least 6 months use out of this toy but doubt it will be entertaining when she is much older. Overall, it's pretty fun but not a home run.

Rate and Discover Movies