4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to our Geotrax System
We picked this up for our sons 3rd birthday, he also received a lot of tunnels and towers, this is a fantastic addition to the GeoTrax rail system because its tall but not too big otherwise so its easy to fit in. The planes ride around the track well and my kids have had a great time playing with it.

The only thing I don;t love is the fact that it doesnt come...
Published on August 11, 2008 by T. Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun BUT...
Published on December 9, 2008 by J. Brooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to our Geotrax System, August 11, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Transportation System GeoAir High-Flyin' Airport (Toy)

The only thing I don;t love is the fact that it doesnt come with all that much track and there are no expansion tracks available yet and since its in the air all the expansion tracks coming out will include a large trax piece (barn and bridge). It would have been nice for them to provide track and attachment pieces that could fit on anywhere to the Geotrax system. Hopefully in time it will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson Loves It!, August 9, 2008
My 3 year old grandson loves the GeoAir addition to his GeoTrax, we bought him the bridge and barn expansion set and he is having a blast. The airplane is easy enough for my 1 year old granddaughter to run.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son love it but plastic moulding precision questionable, December 2, 2008
When I first received the package, I found a bonus not listed in the product page. It comes with a free Geotrax 3 series DVD (with GeoAir).
Setting up
----------
There are not many pieces in the box. The steps to construct the control tower with "air" tracks are pretty short too. However, I found two major flaws with the plastic moulding. First and most important flaw is the blue main base of the toy. Yes, an adult is needed to setup the pieces (just like Geotrax Grand central station that I bought previously for my son too). But getting the control tower all the way into the blue main base piece needs a great amount of force as well as a flat tip screw driver. You won't be able to force the control tower in unless you insert the screw driver to pry for more space. The slot for the control tower is smaller than the control tower, plastic moulding not precise! The second but more minor problem is the yellow gate. It does not fit securely onto the blue main base piece again due to lack of precision in plastic moulding. When your kid plays the toy, there's a chance the gate will come off frequently. The bundled plane needs 3 AAA battery and the infra-red remote uses 3 AAA too. Be prepared to use rechargeable or get more batteries if your child plays it frequently.
Playing
-------
The remote is fairly easy for a kid to handle. It only has 2 buttons, one to start the plane moving on the track, the other to stop the plane moving on the track. The plane itself has a red button (with light) to on or off it. My younger two year old is able to handle the plane and remote. The sound given off by the remote when the buttons are pressed is loud and clear, simulating the airplane flying and slowing down. It's quite fun at first to see the plane going up the track and suddenly rolling down. Your kid may also like lifting the pilot up the control tower. But without extending the track by getting add-ons or buying more planes, kids may find the toy boring after a while.
Recommendation
--------------
I see value for money for this toy since there is a remote control and most kids will get to learn something extra. Oh, and it comes with a free DVD (each series is pretty short though). But the plastic moulding could be more precise to make the toy easier to setup and maintain.

5.0 out of 5 stars GeoFanatic, August 6, 2008
S. C. Unsicker (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this product ever since I first heard about it and just picked it up at Target last night. It is everything that I dreamed it would be and more! It took very little time to assemble and like all the other GeoTrax products, it is VERY well made. I have had a great time playing with it here at work and cannot wait to take it home tonight for my kids!

The other expansion packs that are coming out later this month look very awesome and I am sure that they will all become a main part of our GeoTrax system at home.

This whole GeoAir line has really taken GeoTrax to a new level and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars GeoAir Airport is Great for Kids!, October 25, 2008
This is our first Geotrax/GeoAir Product we own.

My brother bought this toy for my son's 3rd birthday - we put it together easily, it wasn't difficult to assemble at all. When my son woke up and found it, he immediately figured out to push the "green" button on the remote to make it go, and the "red" button to make it stop. He loves playing with it, and the ease of use makes it very fun for him. Educationally he was using the concepts, up and down, twis around, colors, and fine motor skills to push the buttons.

The only downside is the airplane is "slightly" hard to push down on the tracks, but I think after a few days he'll get it.

All in all I think this is a fantastic toy and I highly recommend it. I think my son has some more "Geo" items in hs future!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fun BUT..., December 9, 2008
J. Brooks (Central Coast of California) - See all my reviews
First off my 2 year old LOVES this toy!! BUT if it wasn't a gift I would have been annoyed by the purchase do to the following problems. If you aren't already using rechargeable batteries in other toys now is the time to invest in some. The little plane takes 3 AAA and the remote ANOTHER 3 AAA. A grand total of 6 of the smallest and least used of the A series, sigh. Would have been nice if AA were used. Anyhow the plane flew (pun intended) through the AAAs in one day of play. The other problem is that some of the parts do not fit snugly into the slots where they are meant to snap into. Kind of annoying to have the little toy gate pop off every couple of minutes (doesn't affect play). Lastly the product illustrations look as if the toy is more interactive. Again my son loves this toy BUT this toy is a one trick pony. Green button GO red button sometimes stop. Haven't figured out why the red button doesn't always stop the plane. I have to say that the shape of the remote does resemble the 360 remote which I think has a lot to do with why my son loves to push the buttons. I WILL be putting the train version on my son's wish list as the easy one button control is uncomplicated and gives him the excitement of controlling something, even if it is a GO button.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun idea, not so great follow-through, March 24, 2009
I bought this for my three year old son and he loved it at first, but there's just not much to hold their attention unless you buy a lot of expansion packs.

My real problem with this toy is that the plane stays on with its light lit up at all times, draining the batteries. In order to conserve energy, you have to unscrew the plane and remove the batteries every time he's done playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit in our house, December 6, 2008
My 4yo got this for his birthday. Within minutes of setting it up, our 18 month old had also figured out to work it. They play with it all the time. It is BIG, but for us it's worth the floorspace. I've been recommending this toy to everyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, January 13, 2009
Santa brought this airport to my 2-year-old son for Christmas and he loves it! It's easy to put together, easy to operate, and is just really cool. I think if we had more of the add-ons or even one of the Geo Trax train sets, it would be even better. All we have is the airport, and there's just so much round and round of the airplane that a short attention span can take. The other parts of the airport are fairly lame, particularly the "elevator" on the tower. It is really difficult to get it to go up and down, and if you put the little man in there, he always falls out while you're straining to make the elevator go. The other little parts would be better, again, if we had some train track to go with it. We're planning to add on, but for now, our son does really enjoy the airport. We're pleased with our purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge & fun only for a short time, May 14, 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
We are Geotrax fanatics here. I buy mostly used off an auction site, but Santa sprung for this new because he thought it looked so great. It is great, but my 4yr old & 3yr old find it dull. You press a green button & the plane zooms in one direction. Red button it stops. Ok...now what? Hmm...press the green button again? How about just walk away from it & leave a 3 foot tall structure completely abandoned in the family room for weeks until mom puts it up on the auction site to get something more fun.
so..
Pros- excellent quality like all Geotrax. Built for hard play.
Cons- if your kids have lots of tracks, trains & other destinations this will get dull fast & you can't store it anywhere. It's just huge.

Fisher-Price Transportation System GeoAir High-Flyin' Airport