5.0 out of 5 stars Wow -- Dieselpunk Toy Airplanes for Kids!, July 14, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
My mom got three other airplanes in the series for my 3 boys, ages 2, 5, & 7. They liked them so much that she got this one and another one for the younger two when my dad got an RC helicopter for the 7yo.

I was amazed and delighted to see what are clearly Dieselpunk-style toy airplanes, looking for all the world like they could have been inspired by the game "Crimson Skies" and the movie "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow".

More importantly, my kids absolutely love them. I can't remember when they've all been so taken by toys. It was adorable to see my 2yo "fly" his around by holding the two wingtips! And when it was naptime for him several hours after they opened them, he fell asleep clutching his tightly.

Like all Fisher-Price toys I've seen, these are very durable; probably impossible for any kid to break accidently. And very well-designed overall.

These are very special toys. If I had the money I'd buy a complete set or three and put them in storage. I think these will be valuable someday.

Each of the 6 have design details that unequivocally evoke a real WWII airplane:
#3, "Twister Jet": Messerschmitt Me 262
#4, "Flying Tiger": Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
#5, "Tornado Prop": Consolidated B-24 Liberator
#6, "Twin Eagle": Lockheed P-38 Lightning
#7, "Sea Stinger":, Vought F4U Corsair
#8, "Windscorpion": Consolidated PBY Catalina
(#1 and #2 are the small planes that come with the aircraft carrier; I'm not sure if they're intended to evoke any particular real plane)

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 Year Old Nephew Loves Skyracer #8, January 18, 2012
The Analytical Reviewer (Barrington, Rhode Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
I really can't comment much on this other than to tell you my nephew absolutely loves this product, specifically #8. He enjoys the whole line as he has mu;ltiple of them, but he really wanted #8 for Christmas. I delivered and he was ecstatic. A short ocular inspection revealed a typical toy. Plastic pieces, but seemed to be well-built. I'm not sure if there is much educational value beyond the fact that it is an airplane. If you knew aerodynamics and physics I'm sure you could use to illustrate lift and explain a few functions of an airplane, but this might be lost on the audience.

All in all, great toy.

Pros: Nephew loved it, very reasonably priced, look good, no setup required.

Cons: The price changed a couple of times on Amazon and I definitely didn't get it at its cheapest, but that's not Fisher Price's problem.

I give this product my stamp of approval and would recommend to others in need of gifts for young boys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous toy!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
My five-year-old loves this toy! It is very durable and has a lot of neat features. Totally worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tougher than toddlers, October 23, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
My three yr old loves this toy. He "flys" it all over inside and outside. We love that his imagination powers it. It has been extremely durable. Our little guy can b rough on toys but this plane has taken the punishment with no damage. The cockpit opens easily and all of the imaginext figures fit inside. He loves the gripper clamp on the front. He uses it lots of different ways. The projectile gets lost but it doesn't really matter the scorpion tail has lots of uses with imagination behind it. I love the imaginext line because my son learns to use his imagination. They have all been durable and an excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy airplane, July 17, 2012
K. Miller (Arlington, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
Both my 4 and 2yr old love this toy. It's flown all over out house and has been fought over day and night for a month now. Very durable, easy to hold for all different hand sizes and just fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son LOVES this guy, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
My son received the Imaginext Battleship and it had a DVD in there. This guys was one of the characters. He loves both but has a predilection towards airplanes. He spends hours playing with it and shooting the plastic torpedoes around the room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windscorpion boat plane, July 10, 2011
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
My kid loves the flip up shooting tail and I love that it doesn't break when it "crashes". Most of the Fisher Price Skyracers are very durable and each is unique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy!, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
We bought this for our neighbor's 3-year old son. They said it's one of his favorite toys! Would recommend this product to our friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
This plane is highly loved by my 4 yr old. Bought different plane for 6 yr old and he wants to trade for this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion (Toy)
My son loves it, it seems unbreakable. The manufacturer did a great job in constructing it. I would recommend this product.

Fisher-Price Imaginext Windscorpion