Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 9, 2011
My 4 1/2 year old son wanted this dino as soon as we saw it! We own several of the older imaginext dinosaurs that our neighbors handed down to us. The older dinos have been played with heavily by 2 neighbor boys and then my 3 boys, and they have held up very well. The quality of these new dinos has definitely taken a step down. The accessories seem more flimsy that the older style, and sure enough, one of the battering rams broke within an hour of opening the toy. We'll be exchanging it because overall the triceratops is a great toy and will be well loved, but the quality could be better.
on January 27, 2012
I have bought every single Imaginext Dinosaur for my 3-year old son (even the re-colored gift pack at K-Mart), so I know what I'm talking about. All the dinosaurs are very durable and hold up extremely well to even my 3-year old's rough play.

However, although I recommend all the Imaginext dinosaurs, the Triceratops comes with a warning: the helmet is EXTREMELY fragile (by Imaginext standards). All the other dinosaur helmets fit over the entire dino's head (more or less), but the Triceratops's helmet is basically a set of sunglasses that fit over the central horn. My son has broken them three times so far, and I've had to use Gorilla Glue and metallic paint to fix it again and again. Nothing on any of the dinosaurs has ever broken except this helmet. Also the battering-ram weapons have stuck a few times, but have otherwise held up.

I'm not sure why they designed the Triceratops helmet so badly. They could have easily made a more durable helmet instead of these fragile sunglasses. The Imaginext dinosaur line is otherwise flawless.
on December 29, 2011
My 2 year old loves this dinosaur! The only issue I have with this product is the number of small pieces. This dinosaur comes with a lot of parts which are loads of fun for the kids, but a pain for me to keep organized.
on October 16, 2011
Three of my grandson's love these dinosaurs. I have purchased several over the years. Great toys. They hold up under extreme use. The product arrived sooner than expected and arrived as described. Would buy from this seller again.
on December 12, 2013
Got this for my sons 3 rd birthday . Well needless to say he loved it. The Dino is small but sturdy, there is a few small parts that can easily be misplaced. To me it's a bit pricey for this size but this thing will last you even if you drop it.
on February 11, 2013
Weakness would be the hook. The trigger or button that releases the hook does not actually hold onto it very well so it's always firing when you don't mean it to. . . and the hook gets lost about every two seconds.. . . but otherwise, there are a ton of ways to play with this toy. Strip him of his armor or gear him up. Pretty sturdy. . . AND NO BATTERIES (praise the lord)
on January 4, 2015
Bought this for Christmas for my 4 1/2 yr old Grandson.This is one of the toys he specifically asked for. Since Christmas he's played with this nearly every day, often several times per day. He loves playing with it and his imagination runs wild. I never knew he had such a vivid imagination till he actually came up to me and said "Nana, I live with this Triceratops in the land of St. Vincent of Middleburg" WOW! Only in a child's imagination. The pieces are great and allows for movement and several different scenarios of play and even comes with a figure. If you're looking to buy this for a child under 3 I'd keep the smaller additional pieces away as they can be a choking hazard but other then that I think hou'd be safe w/ the dinosaur.
on January 4, 2013
My son loves dinosaurs so this was a must for Christmas . When we went looking we could not find it in stores or on amazon. There were people on amazon selling this but wanted crazy prices upwards to $45 . We kept checking amazon and one day they had it for $17 so we quickly jumped on it and glad we did cause by the time it shipped they did not have any more. It is durable and he likes it. Is it a $17 dinosaur probably not but worth the price seeing him happy and enjoying it.
on May 9, 2013
I purchased this dino for my son for his 5th birthday. He already had the t-rex which he got for Christmas, so I wanted the rest of the set. It is a VERY DURABLE toy. My son smashes it against the other dinosaurs when they fight, and so does my two year old daughter. The pieces are bright colors, and the they are large and chunky enough for little fingers. Neither son nor my two year old daughter have any trouble putting it together or taking it apart. We also like the fact that the hook that shoots out is interchangeable with the other "cannons" that are on the other dinosaurs and vice-versa. My son truly enjoys this toy and plays with it on a daily basis. Great product, great value and great price!
on January 1, 2014
At $16.99 I would recommend, Imaginext has several good toys revolving around the Castle collection. This was from the "dinosaur" collection but is still an overall good buy at $17. However, I would not pay more.