5.0 out of 5 stars Second Birthday Favorite

Published on April 10, 2008 by McKenna J

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, April 10, 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
It's a shame how much is being charged for this toy. It is so poorly made. The pets are not submerged in the boat as they appear on the box. The boat is flat so the pets keep falling out while my son is playing with it. Also, the flag on the boat does not stay on. I paid over $40.00 and wish I had known this before. It was so disappointing and made my son cry. Its now sitting in a toy box after 1 day.

1.0 out of 5 stars there is no standrads left in Fisher-Price...very cheaply made toy with no educational value, March 6, 2009
Leslie (SANTA MONICA, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
Obviously this toy was designed by someone who never watched the show. The Flyboat in the show is made from the ordinary items found in the classroom. A big part of the show is the time when Wonder Pets work together to build the boat - 'Team Work'. The first thing my 3-yr-old son tried to do with the toy is to take it apart and build it back like in the show. The toy is a plasticized, dumbed-down, cheaped-out version of the Flyaboat. The Flyboat in the show is made of a frizbee, erector set sticks, marble, paper, and maker caps. I cannot understand why they could not make the toy to resemble the construction in the show. Obviously the focus went into making it sing. Whoever designed this toy does not udnerstand pre-schoolers who are the taget maket group for this toy. They can sing themselves. They can sing the whole show if you ask them. What they need is to pretend to be Wonder Pets. The toy misses the whole point. It is so overpriced for what it is - it has no educational values and constructed very cheaply. It is very disppointing that Fisher Price will put their name on this toy.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment, May 12, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
My daughter loves the Wonder Pets, so we were so very disappointed with this toy. The "pets" don't attach to the boat well (or easily) and the mast just won't stay in place. My two-year-old gets so frustrated that it won't work right! Usually, FP makes wonderfully useful toys for toddlers -but this one isn't one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Birthday Favorite, November 28, 2008
Suzy Kosh (Dripping Springs, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
I can understand the frustration with this toy, but wanted to share a different perspective. My son loves the fact that he can take apart the mast and put it back together--just like the Wonder Pets do on the show. His only frustration is that all the parts don't come off! He's able to take the pets off and put them back on without trouble. The flyboat plays a lot of the music and phrases from the show and my son LOVES it.

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favorite, my nemesis!, April 17, 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
This is probably my daughter's favorite toy, but I kind of hate it-- it's so poorly made! The first 24 hours with it (after Xmas) nearly drove us insane. As others have mentioned, the pets are supposed to be held onto the flat-topped boat (which lacks sides) with tiny pegs wildly inadequate for the figures' sizes; the idea works well with many action figures, but the proportions here are all wrong. Some kids may not mind the figures falling off, but mine most definitely does!

After a zillion temper tantrums and repositionings with tape the first day, I bought the thinnest, strongest velcro I could find and made new attachment points for the pets. They still fall off occasionally, but it's a LOT better.

We haven't had problems with the mast or sail falling off, and my daughter enjoys "building" the boat. I like the fact that the sound effects can be turned off, and my daughter generally prefers it that way. Unfortunately a lot of the paint is chipping off the pets themselves (after 4 months of gentle but almost daily play). My daughter adores the figures and doesn't seem to mind the wear, but I wish this toy was better made. With the exception of the 3-packs of figures, the other toys in this line look even worse (based on inspection in the store, at least). Why such poor execution?

Small fans of the Wonder Pets will love this toy, so I can't exactly recommend you avoid it. Unfortunately, many parents will hate it; consider yourself warned, and get some velcro ahead of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, February 5, 2009
Jojo's Mommy (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
[...] The picture is not accurate, the boat is flat and the characters do not stay on the boat. It's not well designed for toddlers and my 2 year old contantly wants me to put the characters back on, which then fall off within seconds. I'm considering putting this in the trash when she forgets about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Pets Wonder Pets We're on our way!, August 13, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
To help a baby animal and save the day!

My daughter loves this toy! However, Lenny, Tuck and Ming Ming too....don't hold on all that well to the boat. They fall off pretty easy. Their feet have holes on the bottom and little pegs hold them on the boat, so don't get too rough or else the wonder pets will go flying off! The picture makes it look like they are standing inside the boat, when in fact...they are standing on the boat. The boat is flat, and they stand on top. It sings the theme song, and is a really cute toy though, so it is worth the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars My son LOVES this toy!!!!, December 31, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
This toy does not have a great design, but my son loves it. He hasn't stopped playing with it since he got it. He loves the fact that he has to put it together. In fact, he's even tried to get the tires and exhaust off. I wish it actually had places for the pets to sit in. I might try the velcro that another person suggested.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but not designed well, October 24, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
This toy is very cute by designed poorly. My son is 14 mths and loves the characters, but the flyboat is terrible. Fisher Price needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. On the package they made it look like the animals are "IN" the flyboat. They are not!! Your child will have to try to balance them on top of a flat surface with tiny little pegs that the animals won't stay on, if your child even manages to get them on the pegs to begin with. They are that small. The mast won't stay either. If he even touches it, it falls over knocking over the animals as well. I am going to try to super-glue the mast in place. Save some money and just buy the animals!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter Loves the Toy Despite Some Flaws, June 25, 2008
This review is from: Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat (Toy)
We bought this for our daughter who is 21 months old and absolutely loves the Wonder Pets, she watches it all the time and knows them all by name. She really loves the toy! She loves the music and phrases, she gets all excited playing with it. Does the mast not stay put when she plays? No. Do the characters stay in place when she plays? No. Does she care? No. regardless if the mast stays put or the toys stay on the pins. She pushes the boat around and carries the characters around and has so much fun and enjoyment that it was well worth the 22 bucks we spent. I love watching her play with the Fly Boat. I would reccommend this to any Wonder Pet fanatic.

Fisher-Price Wonder Pets Fly Boat