5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Swing
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this swing. It has so many great features:

It is larger than the smaller portable swings, but not so huge that it is too cumbersome. It folds up nicely and doesn't take up too much space.

The colors and design are very cute (adorable insects and such) and gender-neutral.

The swing is...
Published on March 21, 2012 by JBebe

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a travel swing
I bought this as a second swing for my moms. It's really cute with the little projection. I wouldn't buy it again though bc it's hard to get them in and out without hitting their little head and there's a Velcro strap across the back of the seat and it's got to be uncomfortable on their little back? Seat not padded enough.
Published 22 months ago by Lindsey Delbosque

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Swing, March 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The swing is comfortable and sturdy. I feel like my baby is safe and snug and has plenty of room (she is 7 months old).

The moving images that are projected on the canopy are actually pretty neat! I was skeptical about that, thinking it would be over-the-top and too much stimulation for my little one, but it is subtle and nice.

The music is GREAT. I have definitely heard my share of annoying baby toy music (and I am a harsh critic, being a classical musician and piano teacher), and this is probably the best I have heard on a baby toy. It is definitely still synthesized but is very subtle and is a nice assortment of classical tunes (Beethoven, etc.). I don't mind listening to this music!

The swing works great and can actually go pretty fast - it has more power than my small portable swing. So far the batteries have worked great.

I can't really think of anything I don't love about this swing. Highly-recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Swing!, March 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a musical baby swing with a twist: It projects moving images onto the overhead canopy to keep baby entertained.

The frame is made of steel and folds up for storage. It still takes up a lot of room, but I doubt most parents are going to constantly be putting it away and taking it out anyway. The seat pad is machine-washable, there are two reclining positions, and musical sounds in addition to the projected images.

A negative for some people is that the speed of the swing and the moving images tend to serve more as a stimulant, rather than a relaxant. If you want to use your swing to lull baby to sleep, then this might not be your best choice. I see it more as a "baby entertainment center."

Another potential negative is the swing requires 4 D batteries (not included). Do yourself a big favor and purchase a battery charger such as the BC1HU 110-240V Universal Fast Smart Charger for AA/AAA/C/D/9V Rechargeable Batteries and rechargeable batteries. This will come in SO handy and save you a considerable amount of money over the years. You don't have to keep buying batteries (for toys, electronics, etc.)--you simply recharge the ones you have.

Overall, this is a pretty nice product, and I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it would swing slower, February 22, 2012
C'est Moi (Outtathere, Here) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is cuter in person than it looks online! I really wanted to try out one of the other decked out FP swings but this one is nice too.

Assembly was easy enough, though I had to run to the store for the 4 D batteries before I could use it (it's amazing how many batteries baby items eat up!). The seat seems comfortable for baby, and she didn't try to squirm around. Even if she did, the shoulder straps and seat belt secured her. There are separate buttons for the power, music, volume, swing speed, and the projection and therefore everything can be used separately. There are two hanging toys included and no more can be added due to the design.

It's nice that this swing can be folded and put away; my baby has so many big items all over the house that I need all of the extra space I can get. I also especially like the projection feature, which shows pictures like those on the seat. This sets the swing apart from others.

I prefer to use the projection feature when the swing is still, otherwise baby is looking around with a confused look on her face (like "I'm not sure what's more interesting!"). My real gripe, though, is the fact that the swing is a little fast even on the slowest setting. I really wish it could go a little slower because the speed seems to excite baby rather than make her want go to sleep, which is really what I wanted a swing for. I'm also afraid of her becoming dizzy but this might be different for other babies.

Other than that, this is a really nice sturdy swing. Baby is happy for about 10 minutes each time even though she's teething.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it!, March 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our 3-month-old is a pretty finicky child when it comes to what he likes and doesn't like in terms of entertainment. We were given a swing with a simple mobile and that only holds his attention for a few minutes. This one is a gem! Being a rather "old school parent" (meaning, if I didn't have it as a kid, my son doesn't need it), I was a bit skeptical of how entertaining the projection could really be, but he stared at it for over 20 minutes every day this week. I would call that success!

I love that the swing folds away...essential when living in a small house...and the padding is easy to come off/on. The pattern is gender neutral, perfect for a baby gift, and it's not an obnoxiously loud design. Overall, I'm incredibly happy with this.

The only cons I've found were the inability to plug the swing in and the speed. The original swing we had was able to plug into the wall, resulting in tons of money saved on batteries, even if we were to use rechargeable ones. Still have to buy them! And as for the swing speed, my son weighs about 11lbs and even the slowest setting is just a bit too high. We've modified it by strapping a 5lb hand weight to the bottom of the seat to slow it down, but I wish we didn't have to do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner for the two babies who used it, February 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This item was tested with two different babies whose eyes could focus well enough to see projecting images, one of the cutting edge features of this swing. We also tested an older, bare bones wind- up swing for comparison. The wind- up swing has no bells and whistles.

No question about it. The Fisher Price Swing performed better and entertained the babies longer and even gave relief to a colicky baby.

Other benefits and features:

1.We found it very easy to put together, perhaps 25 minutes.

2. Easy to fold and store. I know some find it takes up too much space but we have a designated closet for a grandchild, a mini walk- in closet and it easily holds the swing, a portable crib, and baby monitor.

3. Definitely held the babies' attention. Calmed a colicky baby, as noted above.

4. I had not been totally pleased with the wind-up swing because it always put our son to sleep, giving me temporary peace but disrupting his nap schedule. The Fisher Price swing didn't bore babies to sleep but held their attention. Sometimes they fell asleep but no more often than their usual sleep pattern.

5.We could use the projector even when the swing was motionless.

6. Very easy to clean

7. Although we got ours free to test, I find the price very reasonable for all the features. A friend, impressed, is ordering one.

If you want to use this right out of the box, be sure to purchase 4 D batteries first. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Swing!, July 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter (10 months at time of review) was not a fan of the Graco Sweet Peace swing so I was skeptical she would love this one - we gave it a go anyways.

Four D batteries later and a quick assembly we were ready to go!

Seat is comfortable, and harness is easily adjusted and felt secure.

G was pleasantly amused by the projection for a few minutes, which may not seem like a big thing that would be a few minutes more then she tolerated the Graco swing!

This Fisher-Price Musical Projection swing has a good assortment of classical sounds, and it folds up nicely. I think for the price it is a good buy. Most people rave about how much their baby just LOVED being in a bouncy, swing etc...I have come to realize that my child just does not like being in motion.

If you're looking for a "cheaper" swing that feels fancy - this is a good purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall, an EXCELLENT product - Will recommend, March 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
UPDATED: After several months of use (or should I say over use), I changed my rating from 4 stars to 5. My 6 months old son just loves this swing. Even more than his other Fischer Price Cradle and Swing. He has not only slept in this one for upto 2 hours, but also continuously enjoys getting in it.

Especially for babies with acid reflux or the ones suffering from nasal congestion and who wouldn't' lay in the crib at nights (especially an issue faced by babies born in colder seasons in the norther region of US), this ones a life saver, even for parents.

The one thing I noted about this one is, as the baby got heavier, the swing motion needed a little bit of initial push. Also, the different reclining positions will suit a sleeping and sitting-up baby. SO this product is good not just for a new born, but for a 8/9 month old infant, depending on her physical development.
I will recommend this to all my friends.

-----

This product will entertain and swing the baby but will not get'em to doze off since the movement is too fast for that.

Also, the projection will catch their attention and keep them engaged for quite a few minutes.

One of the best feature is that it can be neatly folded and put away under the bed, especially considering how quickly the house fills up with baby products and there is no space anymore. The other feature I always look for and this one has is a sturdy base, preventing the baby to fall off, something every parent worries about the minute they get their eyes off the baby.

Gladly I have a rechargeable 4D battery pack at home, which I use for my other FP products too.

Am quite pleased with the product and don't' think it will lose it's importance in the baby accessory jungle that my house currently is.

The other usual features include safety straps, 2 non-intrusive hanging toys, easily accessible buttons for On/Off, music, swing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Swing Baby Swing, February 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the women in the office I work at just had a baby son four weeks before Amazon listed this item, and I thought it would make a nice gift. I (and baby) were not disappointed. It weighs maybe 25 pounds, which is a good anchor weight. The speed of the swing is adjustable, and you can choose between a variety of songs or 'nature sounds,' which his mother prefers. The seat is well padded, as well as having security straps to insure that your child won't drop out of the seat. I will agree with another reviewer here, the 'projection" images seemed more to distract him than entertain him - and this is your primary battery drinker.

The ability to fold the chair up afterwards is a HUGE plus. As a grandfather, I recall how quickly a house can fill with baby items, so a storable swing is better than one that sits in the middle of the room! The design is attractive and the chair itself took me about 25 minutes to assemble. A good value for the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute with a twist., February 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was looking forward to using this swing when I babysit during the week. My children didn't enjoy swings so giving another one a try was a big deal.

This one was quite easy to assemble and came with everything aside from the 4 D batteries required. (As with all baby items and anything for your child going forward, I'd highly recommend investing in rechargeable batteries.)

The good:
*The swing is easy to fold/ unfold.
*The straps are easy to get baby in and out of when placing in the swing. In addition, the canopy slides out of the way for easier access.
*The on/off and other buttons are very easy to get to.
*The pattern is very cute, much cuter in person that in the photos!
*The seat is comfy looking and baby had no complaints.
*The projection is an added bonus and really had her attention when the swing was still.
*Choice of swing speed and volume.
*Seat padding is removable for easy washing.
*Reclining seat is added bonus.

The bad:
*It folds but not nearly flat enough for my liking. I'd like to put it behind a door or slip it between the sofa and a wall. Its still pretty large even if the footprint is smaller.
*I am sure this will EAT batteries.
*Hanging toys are cute but unnecessary.

All in all this swing delivers. Folding makes it, if nothing else, smaller in the room when not in use. The ease of use far outweighs the few cons. This would make a super baby gift!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a Great product, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Fisher-Price Musical Projection Swing (Baby Product)
This is a great swing but my son gets tired of it real quick, idk if its to fast or the loud music from it other than that it's great

Update the swing mototr quite working after 3 months of use. On the good side is Amazon paid for the return of the product and a full refund. Thank you Amazon for your excellent customer service and rapid refund

Fisher-Price Musical Projection Swing