Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skate & Spin Dora & Boots
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon September 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Dora fans will love this toy because it is cute. Dora's hair is rooted, but that is the only part of this doll that has any real play value. The monkey, Boots, is what makes this the cutest, but he is a hanger on. He doesn't do anything on his own. He can clasp Dora's hand or attach his skates to the front or back of Dora's skates to pull him along while Dora zooms around the room.

There are three settings on Dora, stop, dance, and free play. In free play, Dora talks and the music plays but she doesn't move. That's where the child can play with Dora by pushing her around on her wheels.

On the dance setting, Dora shouts, music plays then she spins around before shooting off across the room. Boots plays better when he's attached to Dora's skates than when he is holding her hand because the jerky motion of Dora when she takes off sends Boots whipping away and they both stop. When Dora hits an object she stops moving, but the very, very loud music keeps playing. If you turn her away from the object she does not take off again until the music stops and you push the button on her shoe to start all over again.

I can see this toy being fun for a day, then there's just not much to it. The fun part is watching them move on their own, so I can't see the free play part getting much action.

Dora comes with four AA batteries locked inside one shoe. You'll need a screwdriver to open the battery case, but the screws are secured to the lid so they won't Fall out and get lost, or swallowed. She stops when picked up so the batteries won't wear down if left on.

This is not a toy you want around on a Saturday morning when you're trying to sleep in. Or, the afternoon when you're tired of all the noise, or whatever. Or, any time I can possibly think of because it is LOUD!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
All in all, Dora and Boots Skate and Spin is adorable. They skate on their own (actually Boots just kind of hangs on) and also do some skating that your child will control manually. Be prepared to move the furniture back against the wall so there is room for these guys to move around, and also be prepared to endure some loud stuff. This is not a quiet toy. So, if you are hoping for something to keep your special someone busy on her/his own while you read or watch TV -- this isn't it. However, the pure entertainment value is worth it for as long as it lasts. Just be aware that entertainment can last a young child for a looooong time.

Update: 9/4/14 - Just to let you know that Skate & Spin Dora & Boots is still going strong and still a loved toy. It is often taken out to demonstrate to anyone who visits, and she is happy to gleefully run around in circles as Dora does her stuff. I'm amazed that it is still such a source of entertainment and fun!
on December 26, 2013
Got this toy as one of the Black Friday deals on Amazon and figured my 2 year old would love it because she loves Dora. I never expected the toy to be this much fun. You need hardwood floors for this to work. It needs a lot of space for turns and routines so don't expect as we did to put them on a tabletop. We did get quite a workout doing so to stop them from falling. Many laughs there on Christmas.

My daughter has just as much much holding boots and Dora having them "talk" to one another as she does watching them dance. She really enjoys taking Dora's helmet off and putting it on, fixing her hair. This was the unexpected Christmas hit and I'm very happy we picked this toy to open first in the morning from Santa before all the other family arrived an hour later.

Edit: 2 months in and Dora quit dancing. She still sings but what a landfill waste. Upsetting.
on September 8, 2013
this toy is highly entertaining for many ages. The only big serious problem that this toy has is that it needs a lot of room to skate around. we had just moved into our new house. We have a fairly large size living room we're talking around 200 square feet roughly. We only have a sofa and a love seat against the wall so we have about a good 100 square feet circular room for this toy to skate and its still bangs into the wall and the sofa. It is very annoying but it does turn well it move too far forward and not far enough to utilize the space well.
on January 15, 2014
I think I had more fun playing with this toy than my daughter on Christmas morning even though she'd begged for this toy for a month after seeing commercial on TV. You can hook Dora and Boots up "conga line style" or facing each other holding hands and they skate all over the place and spin while music plays. It's really fun to watch ! But you need a lot of flat floor space to give them room to really get their show on. And they're kind of a one-trick pony. You can't really interact with them. You just push start and they do their things, which is really neat, but you can only watch then for so long. Fun at first, but the allure wears off after a short while.
on January 12, 2014
My daughter is a Dora fanatic so when I saw this toy I knew she would love it. In stores it is usually prices from 30-40$ but I got it on amazon for 19.99$. At that price there was no way I was leaving it behind. I think 20$ is a fair price but I would not pay much more for it as it gets old fast. The songs are catchy and not annoying but the toy has its limits. You need a pretty big area for them to do their routines as they do run into things a lot and do not have a sensor to back them up. The way Boots and Dora can do spins and moves togheter is pretty cool tho.
on June 5, 2014
This is a great toy. It's colorful, talks, moves, and has music. Dora and boots can dance together or dance separate. I like the fact that they both have helmets (relays a good safety message to the kids). The only suggestion I have is having a decent amount of space- when they toys move they require a few square feet of space! Fun toys though- and keeps the kids busy for a good amount of time.
on May 12, 2014
Really cute toy and works exactly like it states. However, it does require a lot of space for them to "skate". Their skate pattern is kind-of random and it requires a lot of floor space so they don't bump into everything. We had to clear our kitchen floor of basically a 6foot by 6foot area that would allow them to skate without bumping into things. Other than that it is really fun.
on December 25, 2015
Great gift came arrived a day earlier so expected it was here before Christmas. My daughter loves her gift. Dora and boots are a great size and hold up to a 2 year old use. Def recommend if your on the fence on buying it.
on January 17, 2014
This stays at my granddaughters house. When I bought it for her, I didn't let her know that it actually skated. She just liked playing with them without knowing this feature. I'm not sure if she ever figured it out so I can't say for sure how well it skates but if your child likes Dora and Boots as much as mine, they will love this.