Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on May 25, 2012
Assembles / disassembles in seconds. Makes wii fishing game much more exciting by delivering a "real" reeling experience.
Seems to be pretty durable (dispute being made in china). Overall - good product.
on January 16, 2013
I have had this game over a year and still play it occasionally. It is very fun, and there are still some species of fish I have not yet caught! There are many areas to explore and fun mini-games. The game takes practice and patience. The difficulty level of the game depends on what your goals are. It can be played casually or seriously. You get points for the fish you catch. The points can then be used to buy various things in the game. Float fishing is easy to learn, but the lures can be tricky to control. The core of the game is fishing, but there are other fun features such as: boats, bikes, walking, shopping, and mini-games. The scenery in this game is beautiful. Remember that this is just a game, so there will be a few weird things such as: river currents having no affect and lines occasionally passing through objects, but for the most part the game feels realistic.

Note: You should know that the saved game data uses several memory blocks of the Wii console. This game offers three files to save a game. The game data can NOT be transferred or backed-up on a SD card. When I tried to back-up the data I was NOT able to. I read the Wii instruction manual, and it stated that some game data cannot be saved to an SD card.

I bought the game with the optional fishing rod attachment for the Wii remote. It is a nice idea, but it takes a while to attach, and I have only used it occasionally. Whenever the Wii remote's batteries need to be recharged the attachment must be removed.

As for the game, it is great, and I am glad I purchased it!
on July 1, 2013
As many of the other reviewers stated, this game is super fun for kids AND adults. I also found it to be educational-- I had never heard of many of the fish in the game prior to playing Wii Fishing Resort. When I went on a trip to the local aquarium, I was surprised at how many fish I could name from "catching" them in the game. Hours and hours of fun.
on December 26, 2011
Great fishing game! One of the best out there. There are so many fish, mini games and different activities. The Rod bundle is the way to go. If you need help putting it together there are instructions on their main home page. Works with Wii Motion Plus! If you came here wondering if you should get it, don't think anymore..just get it. A friend of mine told me about it, and I was debating. I'm so happy I just got it. And the price is great too. I feel like getting another copy just for the reel, so that if people come over we can play together. :) From the Creator of Sonic! You can't go wrong. None of the Stores near me, had this game... so I came to my trusty Amazon site. Thanks!!
on February 24, 2012
My husband and son are fishermen, I have brought home many fishing games and found them all boring. This is the first fishing game I love. There is so much to do and a variety of fish and locations as well. I bought the game with the Fishing Rod Controller and seriously I feel we don't need it. It is easier for my 7 year old son to just play without the rod controller. So save yourself $10 and just buy the game you won't regret it.
on July 29, 2013
Was very disappointing and frustrating for my child. Apparent software glitch prevents progress beyond a pretty lame and brief first level of play. I find the fishing rod controller to be awkward and unpleasant to use. Not impressed.
on February 1, 2012
My kids played this game at a friends and wanted it, so I surprised them with it! I am now addicted myself!! It has various places to fish from the Amazon to the ocean down to common areas we all fish in our lives!! Really realistic and you pick your bait and poles!!
on June 17, 2013
I wanted a good fishing game and I was glad I read the reviews and decided to buy this one. The rod controller is a bit cumbersome to install and of course a pain to put the wiimote and nunchuck in without a few curses but when everything's in order, the rod controller is quite a revelation. It is not too heavy, perhaps a tad bulky and so it is not like those real fishing rods but it is of good quality and very beautiful. The game itself is fun. I did things in there I normally hate to do in real life, like cycling, fishing, etc. I love my Wii and I bought it to play sports game and fishing games. Fishing wise it is not easy but fun. The interactions are ok, the gameplay like a resort may not seem like serious fishing game but by having the day/night feature, it does remind me I should stop for a while sometimes. Overall I really enjoyed playing this game which is cute, believable and fun. Price is a bit steep for me but well worth it as the only fishing game I am playing. By the way I love my Wii and is saddened to read there may not be new games developed for Wii since all attention is on Wii U.
on April 29, 2012
Fishing Resort is a wonderful escape for the busy and compulsive. Easy to play in 20-30 minute "day" long segments so it doesn't impede on your other daily responsibilities (although I did go on a couple 5 hour binges). This game immerses the player into settings as varied as the globe we live on, using some of the best graphics I've seen for a wii game. On the compulsive side of things, I like the repetitive aspect of this fishing game- find a spot to fish, cast, set, reel... and see what you caught. There are other activities and incentives to this game, but it all revolves around fishing. If you seek challenge, variety, and/or adrenaline in a game I would not recommend this. Also, if you don't like fishing, I don't recommend buying (any) fishing game.
on January 6, 2014
This is my grandson's, age 8, favorite Christmas present! We live on a lake and he spends a lot of time fishing during the summer so this game has allowed him to enjoy fishing during our bitterly cold winter. He enjoys all of the extra activities also; the quests, exploring by bike or boat and watching his aquarium fill up with all of his catches. Right now he's working on catching an Alligator Gar!

See 1 answered question