- • An Amazon.com Best Music of 2006 selection.
Fishscale Explicit Lyrics
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
When the Wu Tang Clan members started releasing solo CDs, Method Man's "Tical" was pretty decent, O.D.B.'s "Return To The 36 Chambers (The Dirty Version)" impressed me because he was able to mix his humor with good lyrics, especially my favorite song from the CD, "Rawhide" which featured O.D.B. w/Raekwon & Method Man. However, out of nowhere Raekwon released "Only Built For Cuban Linx" and literally I was sent to another world..lol With help from Tony Starks (Ghostface Killah), Raekwon created one of my favorite rap CDs of all time. Although I had the CD, you could find alot of people on campus with the infamous "purple tape". Tracks like "Knowledge God", "Criminology", "Incarcerated Scarfaces", "Rainy Days", let's just say the whole CD gave me a newfound respect for Raekwon The Chef and Ghostface Killah. There was no way that Ghotface Killah's solo CD could outdue "Only Built For Cuban Linx", but "Ironman" had several tight tracks like the first single, "Daytona 500", "Iron Maiden", "Poisonous Darts", "260" and the smooth "Camay".Read more ›
love this album for a few different reasons...
(1) Ghostface came with the intention of spitting heat, and has done that throughout the album....there isn't one cut where he didn't give his all lyrically, and that is a very, very, VERY rare thing in todays rap game where just about everyone is focusing solely on how they say it as opposed to what they are saying or how creative they are in what they say.
(2) Ghostface is telling stories...something that is very uncommon in todays game as well......and not only that, but he's not keeping it simple, he's actually putting depth into his stories and carries that concept throughout the album.....what tops it all off is the fact that he's got sound effects in the background to his stories, something that instantaneously makes the stories more interesting and keeps you listening more than once......
(3) his beats fit his lyrics and his voice and flow....he didn't just pick the hottest, most catchiest beats and spit some hot garbage over them, he picked beats that complimented his voice and flow....again, something relatively non-existent among most rappers...
(4) he realized he didn't need a hook to everything, or at least a hook that is stuck in your head...e.g., Shakey Dog...striaght heat, with no chorus
(5) his album is consistent throughout...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Still ghost. Still telltale success and talent. Just seems... More processed. It's like when you get Nutella made in America compared to Nutella made overseas, it's more processed... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Anthony J. Peltier Struck
The album was sped up. Everything just sounds a little faster and higher pitched than on the cd or mp3 version. Ghostface sounds like a chipmunk. Read morePublished 21 months ago by daniel h
Compared to Ironman and Supreme Clientele, this isn't as hot. But still a good CD and you can't go wrong with Ghostface.Published 22 months ago by Justin Bastev
great album one of his best If u dont have it pick it up Great job as always amazon thank youPublished on June 6, 2013 by rj
Exceeding even "Supreme Clientele," "Fishscale" finds Ghostface at the top of his game lyrically with an elite crew of producers who match the MC's inspired flow.Published on March 23, 2013 by Michael Foley