Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 13, 2009
I had the opportunity to try the Olfa and the Fiskar rotary cutters from a friend who had both. After trying them for about 15 minutes, I decided I preferred the Fiskar cutter. The Olfa was okay and worked well, but the Fiskar cutter felt better ergonomically. The Fiskar handle was curved, sturdier with a better grip. I don't care for the straight cutters. Another friend also preferred the Fiskar cutter. We all decided Fiskar cutter was the best ergonomically, but will probably buy the Olfa blades. I hope this helps for those who may be on the border between the two. I rate it 4 stars because the blade is better on the Olfa.
33 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2011
In this video review I cut a number of things with the cutter and review the cutting mat that I purchased at the same time.

I gave this cutter 4 stars because it did everything I expected as well as I expected and nothing more. (If I gave this 5 stars then what would I give to something that wowed me?)
1111 comments| 579 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2011
I bought this rotary cutter in 1996 to make my daughter's wedding dress. After that I took up quilting and this cutter has done a wonderful job for me on almost every cutting task for >15 years. Recently the retraction button snapped off -- no surprise that plastic got brittle after that long. I bought an identical cutter to replace my old favorite. While tossing the packaging I happened to see the lifetime warranty on the back. I wrote to Fiskars on their web site to ask if my old product carried the same warranty. They didn't need to see the broken cutter... they just sent me a new one. Great product, great company, GREAT customer service. I recommend this comfortable cutter to all my quilting friends. Regarding reviewers who said the blade retracts spontaneously, I suspect this was due to unintentionally allowing their thumb to lean or press against the retraction button. Keep the thumb on the thumb rest atop the cutter and that problem disappears.
22 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2015
What you see pictured is actually the Fiskars® Titanium Softgrip® Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter. What they ship is actually the cheaper Comfort Loop Rotary Cutter. Yes it is the same brand, yes the same 45mm rotary cutter but what it does not come with a nice soft gripped handle nor the easier snap out blade replacement option. 195240-1001 vs 195210-1001 Read the model numbers very carefully before purchasing.
review image
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2006
I bought this cutter for use in bookbinding and papermaking projects. It cuts paper, even up to 240 gsm quickly and precisely. Using this cutter, a large framing square, and a sheet of plywood gives nearly the same results as a regular paper cutter, but provides more flexibility. I cannot comment on the durability of the blade, but if it is like other Fiskar products, I am sure I will be pleased.
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
A good, cheap rotary cutter, has a very sharp edge and the blades are cheap to replace, but i have a few problems with it.

1.The blade comes loose a lot and you need to re tighten it with a little nob on the back.

2.If you push down hard enough on the blade, it retracts.

3.It feels cheap, entirely plastic and the mechanism that pushes and retracts the blade feels like i could break at any time.
55 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2008
Being a person that loves to sew, I got this because it got a good price AND I like how the blade retracts back for safety, when you push the button. Great handle, and Got it on time, too.
I've always been a fan of any product of Fiskar whether it's the sharp gardening tools or this Rotary Cutter which I just purchased yesterday to help me make a straight cut on wrapping paper. OMG it sliced through the paper like a hot knife through butter and made the perfect straight line cut. I'm thinking of getting one for my Mom and Sister to share when they do their gift wrapping and I'm sure my Sister could use it most for her Scrapbooking too. This is a really awesome tool to have no just for scrapbookers, gift wrappers, or Fabric Crafters but just overall a excellent cutter. I'd recommend it to everyone who wants sharp precision cutters. :D
on December 15, 2010
I have this and the olfa. I used the olfa for quite a while and then switched to this one. I prefer the friskars cutter. It seems much smoother and easier to operate.
on September 30, 2015
I purchased this item and got something else in the mail. I suppose it's my fault for not reading carefully enough. The item pictured in the listing is not what you get. I guess that's a more expensive one with a soft grip. My picture is the one that came. It's an okay cutter. Way better than scissors. But I'm very disappointed as I thought I was getting something else. This is a picture of what I received.
review image