Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fiskars 9862 Coring Aerator
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Price:$45.04+ $8.75 shipping

on November 9, 2009
I was a bit skeptical it would work well, but was VERY pleased with the product! It had rained a couple days before I used it and I found that the tool cut out 3" cores very easily. I like that it is ecological & quiet (manpower rather than machine power). Note...the first step cuts two cores, and the next step pops them out. When you are done for the day, simply push the last cores out with a stick and wash the dirt off your tool- easy cleanup. The price is good, it is durable, and it works well...yes I definitely recomend this tool. The only downside was that it was so easy (and really rather fun as you can see your progress) that I worked too long and got blisters - so wear gloves.
on October 24, 2009
I purchased the "yard Butler" aerator first, I was extremely disappointed with the quality of that product and returned the same day that I purchased it. I purchased the Fiskers aerator online and could not be happier that I did. This product has a lifetime gaurntee but you wont have to use it because this product will last you a lifetime. The quality of this aerator reminds me of the good-old days when things were built to last. This is the first time a online purchase has EXCEEDED my expectations...but it.
on March 28, 2015
I bought this at HD. This is a great garden tool to add to your garden arsenal. I pondered about buying a gas powered aerator but I did not have a truck to transport such a big equipment and cannot justify paying the $$$ just to only do my yard, seems like overkill...well this tool did the job and exceeded my quality approval. Couple things of note: My wife is 125lbs. and she has a hard time digging this tool right into the ground (not heavy or strong enough) so she has a completely different take on this tool. As well, I have read (HD website) many people have broken this tool quite easily. I'm thinking maybe these folks are way to the other side of the weight scale that tool was made for. I am 185 lbs and it cuts the cores like butter.
Make sure ground is fully soaked, best after a good rain to make the job a lot easier. I find when the soil is moist the cores just pop out one after another, no plugging has happened whatsoever. I also found the cores nice and perfect, meaning nice and rounded and 4" inches long, very professional looking. All you need now is lots of energy as it is a good workout, but once you get a good rythm, you will be surprised how much you can do in such little time. Life time guarantee is icing on the cake.
on May 7, 2015
Broke at the bottom Y after 30 minutes of use in somewhat moist heavy clay soil. I was getting good cores while they lasted. With better quality soil this tool may survive longer but the manufacturer should use thicker metal for the center post. The seller was great and offered a quick refund.
on October 8, 2009
I just purchased this aerator from Amazon, when it arrived I lunged into the packaging to make sure it was a sturdy, quality product. Happily it is, and Fiskars has a lifetime warranty (listed right on the packaging). Since it has been raining here the last few days I decided to jump right into coring a small section on my front lawn. This tool works like a GEM! I cored approximately a 20-sf patch, with ease. I have dogs, so there are areas that will need to be aerated periodically. This tool is great if you are concerned with lawn aeration services who may sever your invisible fence or any yard lighting wiring (which is the reason I purchased this to begin with). This tool allows me to core areas around yard wires etc, that would otherwise get wrecked by lawn service providers who don't have the "low voltage wire locators" needed to prevent wire breakage from their machinery. I was wondering if it would clog, or be sturdy enough for me to put my entire body weight into areas that are a hard clay density, ...but to my pleasure, this thing cuts right into the soil and UP pop the plugs! I am looking forward to many seasons with this product - it's my new favourite yard tool. It's comfortable to maneuver, easy to use and STURDY. I cannot imagine how anyone could break this product, it is well constructed and a great buy.
on April 20, 2015
Very well constructed tool. heavy, strong and has a good smooth finish. This thing just work. Yes, certain area that have clay or heavy on vegetation can stuffed the tube. I carry a flathead screw drive, poke it once or twice the dirt plug fells right out and I can continue to aerate. I step on it hard on rocks a few times. The paint chipped a little but did not bent the spike/tube. (I weight about 230lb, and I was abusing it!)
Very impressed and happier about this purchase.
on February 14, 2010
The bottom line is that Fiskars Coring Aerator is a great aerator for small areas. I took it out on a 40 degree snow/sleet day in February and did some areas that were too small to get with the power aerator that I rented last fall. It easily pentrated the moist soil and took nice 3-inch cores. I had no issues with it plugging and even after a couple hundred cores the cutting surface of each tube was still sharp. The construction, including the handle, shaft and step, is plenty sturdy. I can only find two minor faults with it: 1) there are only two core holes which means 50 step-pushes to take just 100 cores; 2) the spacing of the two core holes is far apart (it has to be in order to allow your foot to put maximum force in the center of the tool) so you have to overlap each step-push in order to get a good aeration pattern. Both issues affect efficiency, not aeration performance. For any area over 500 feet I would rent a power aerator for $35, but for smaller areas the Fiskars Coring Aerator does a great job.
on March 15, 2016
I thought this was good until it snapped on me when I pulled it from the ground. It is hollow. Please start making this with solid metal!
review image
on April 13, 2016
I had originally purchased a cheaper aerator. What a mistake that was as it clogged all the time and eventually was worthless. This one does a great job aerating the yard. It rarely clogs and takes out nice little cores. It is a good workout as others have said. I have a medium size yard and am 60 years old. I just do a little part of the yard each day during nice cool days. The results have been very good. After a few weeks, I noticed a thicker, more lush lawn. I plan to do my lawn each spring and fall. You could pay somebody to do this, or rent a heavy one. But if you don't mind the workout (which I don't), then I would recommend this product!!
on August 3, 2015
Okay everyone. This is my review of the Fiskars 9862 Coring Aerator. Sadly I really have nothing good to say about this product. I spent over $50.00 to purchase and have this item delivered to my home. What a waste of money! The handle broke at the "Y" before I could finish my small front yard. Why any company would produce a product like this using hollow thin wall steel tubing I'll never know. Unless your soil is very loose, I can't see it working for anyone. And if your soil is already loose, you would not need this product anyway. For a few dollars more they could have used solid steel construction and had a nice product.This item is made in China, need I say more? Stay away from the product and save your money. It's probably best to find something near your home so you can see and touch it before buying it. UPDATE UPDATE! Contacted Rittenhouse, (the seller) they refunded my money with no questions asked. Although the product is poor quality, the seller was great! Thank you Rittenhouse.