5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use right out of the box!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:54 Mins
This is a great machine! I was able to use it right out of the box, it took a few minutes to read the instructions and i was off and running. Watch this video and you will see in minutes how easy it is to use. Go to my Youtube channel to watch other videos of different uses for the machine. Kleuck100!

More expansion packs...
Published 24 months ago by Sunny E Day

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but very limited w/o expensive accessories.
I'm honestly a bit surprised by all the 5 star reviews, and I'm sure I'm risking some negative comments & unhelpful votes but I'm going to give you my honest opinion on this machine and let you decide what is and isn't important for you in a machine.

Published 23 months ago by @homemom

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but very limited w/o expensive accessories., December 13, 2012
@homemom (Jersey Shore, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Fuse Creativity System Starter Set (100770-1001) (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I'm not new to paper crafting. I own a Sizzix Big Shot, A Cricut Expression & Mini, and a Silhouette Cameo. I won't like that once I bought the Cameo Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle Cutter the rest of my machines got pretty dusty except for my Big Shot Sizzix 655268 Big Shot Cutting-and-Embossing Roller-Style Machine which I use for embossing all the time. The electric machines might not be able to cut all the materials that the manual machines like the Fuse can cut and they can't stamp/letterpress at all but honestly how often do you need that ability?

I think the fuse concept is great, it works exactly as advertised and right out of the box it's easy to understand and start using. My "issues" with it are simply based on value. You get one die & two letterpress plates with this very expensive machine. It's very well made, it's huge & heavy but does fold up nice and small for storage or transport (well I'm not sure on the transport part, it is really heavy). That's it though. The dies are expensive and limited, at this point they don't even offer anything that takes advantage of the larger size. I actually would use this to replace my Big Shot IF it came with the adapter set, or if that set was priced lower. It's anywhere from $50 to $100 depending where you shop... WHAT?!?! I can use my Cameo software to make a mat from any stamp I own, cut out the mat/shape with the Cameo and then stamp it (or even do a print and cut after scanning my stamps to make them digital). I'll lose a bit of the texture you'd get from using this machine but again, I'd have endless options. The real deal breaker for me though was that I tried and I CAN use the dies for the Fuse in my Big Shot and they work perfectly (without any fancy adapter I might add). So if you love the idea of a letterpress/die combo and already own a Big Shot you have no need for this machine unless they eventually come out with larger dies and you want those too.

In conclusion it's a solid machine that does exactly what it advertises. It's well made and I suspect will last and last, but unless you have a very specific reason for wanting something this large and heavy, and IMO limited, I just think there are better options out there that are a better value. I'll upload some photos in a bit showing that I was actually able to cut balsa wood with it (but I wouldn't recommend trying that LOL) and showing the results of using the dies in my Big Shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use right out of the box!!, November 27, 2012
Length:: 1:54 Mins

More expansion packs available Fuse Medium Design Plate Expansion Pack 4/Pkg-Tag, Fuse Medium Design Plate Expansion Pack 4/Pkg-Marquis

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy and convenient! Super for Fabric! Well Built, Durable Feel, HEAVY, November 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've long been a fan of Fiskars lawn care products and of course, scissors for sewing but wasn't sure what to expect from this Fuse Die Cut and Letterpress starter set. Unlike many other reviewers, I wanted to use this for sewing rather than scrapbooking and there tends to be a lot of variability in these machines when used for fabric.

The first thing you will notice is that this is a heavy little bugger! Frankly, I was rather surprised by the weight of the machine. I'm not 100% sure what actually weighs so much since most of the machine seems to be plastic but apparently there is a lot more than what meets the eye. The machine is designed to fold-up into a small suitcase sized self contained unit with a handle built in. The design is both smart and space saving as well as ergonimic.

Once opened (with the snap of 2 handles), it speads open and is basically ready to use. There is a small storage space which is ample for the 2 sample templates and plates included but will unlikely suffice for long. Directions are clear and easy to read. There are several different ways to use the machine and in order to review it, I opted to try it out on both paper and fabric despite the fact that my main interest is in using it for fabric. According to the instructions, the machine may actually be used on other materials as well including balsam or other thin materials.

To begin, I opted to try it out on a heavy paper - about a 90 weight. Simply stack, put the paper inside and roll through. It takes literally just a few seconds and made a perfect cut with embossing. Next, I tried the same on a piece of cotton fabric just to see how it would work...I was stunned at how nicely it handled the fabric. The hand crank is easy to operate, doesn't require excessive force whatsoever and makes a very nice cut the first time through.

Now, this is a starter set and wanting to use it for fabric, I'm anxious to get the larger additional plates and die etc enhancements. According to the manual, this will accept other template die from other manufacturers (a very nice touch) with the add-on plates. Unfortunately, at this time Amazon has a limited number of ancillary products for this machine. However, there are plenty on eBay and other areas to be found.

For those that enjoy quilting or other fabric based designs, take a look at this machine. Very easy to use, much faster than doing it by hand and more consistent results. Love the ability to get standardized results while still changing out color of fabric in only a fraction of the time. Excellent addition to the sewing room with the added benefit of being a useful item for those that enjoy scrapbooking and/or other crafts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, well designed die cutting machine, November 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If your looking for a good die cutting machine for home use, this one is one of the best out there.

It's built sturdily. Don't let the plastic fool you. This is a heavy, well built machine, in fact, it's more than 20 lbs. While that doesn't make it convenient for crop nights, it does make for a machine that can cut through 3 oz leather, aluminum can sheets (cut off top and bottom, then cut open and straighten), cork, foam and cereal box cardboard fairly easily. Fabric, paper and other lighter materials are a complete breeze. I love that it handles so many materials well which allows for creative re-use.

Limited number of dies available at this point for this machine. The die that came with mine is a scalloped circle with 2 plates for debossing or letterpress. One is a bird that says thank you, the other is a to-from for easy gift tags. If you are going to get this machine, I recommend getting the adapter kit as well. The adapter kit comes with 3 shims, a rubber cutting mat, top plate and bottom plate and is fairly large. It won't do extra long dies but will do almost everything else. Using the adapter kit, you can use the other major companies dies and embossing plates to really expand the potential of the machine.

The dies that are available specifically for the Fuse are wonderful, and you may well want to collect them all. The design sets come with dies and letterpress plates, the expansion packs are letterpress plates for dies you already have. The design sets and expansion sets allow you to-
die cut (die only)
die cut+letter press (die, plate + ink)
die cut+ deboss (die, plate)
deboss (plate only)
letterpress (plate + ink)

It won't slip around when it's set up on a table or desk top, but does take up a fair amount of space when it's open to use. The latches on it all close very securely, which is nice. The unit has a small compartment to hold a couple smaller dies, embossing folders, or ink pads. The whole machine folds up well for keeping it out of your way when you're not using it.

I'm having a blast with this. I love that I can use other companies dies, embossing folders and letter press plates with it, and love how well it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, the only machine you will ever need!, December 15, 2013
I bought the fiskars machine so I could use sizzix pro dies and plates. I did NOT buy any of the plates that are sold for the fiskars machine. I use sizzix plates, and my old cuttle bug and grand calibur plates perfectly. I am really happy I got this machine, and for the price it was so so worth it, it closes up to a satisfactory foot print and allows me to use any plates and dies without spending a fortune on the sizzix pro machine. I think this is a better investment than the pro machine because you can close it up. I really love it, using it exclusively and often ever since it arrived, and also finally using all of my other brand plates too. It cuts very well and is smooth, it's well made and rather heavy but you need that when using larger dies. I am thrilled with mine and will never need another machine. I wish this machine would have come out before the grand calibur did because I never would have bothered with the calibur which can only cut thin dies and embossing folders. In order to use calibur plates with thin dies on this machine you will need the rasberry plate and one extra white cutting plate for the correct sandwich. Let me know if you have any questions on the right sandwiches for other plate brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Fuse" die cut and letterpress, November 22, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you're familiar with the " Accuquilt Go" system this works on the same principal: Sandwich the die, materials and mat and crank through the press. This system cuts a bigger selection of materials. Cork, felt, metal, wood veneer and other craft materials.

The system comes with one die ( a 4 inch scalloped circle) and two letterpress units which read "thank you" and "to......from...." and a fabric inking pad (the recommended type) . Be prepared to make a big investment in "design sets" because once you see them you will want them all. Amazon has a good selection and I have seen "sets" and "collections" on ebay. You can buy expansion sets which are basically letterpress units which fit the design unit. You can use dies from other systems if you buy the adapter kit (about $10).

The system is heavy with rubber feet which keeps it from slipping around when you use it but it folds up to a compact size and has a very comfortable handle. There is a storage compartment which will hold about two die sets and a few of your supplies. The bed of the system is 12 inches wide. The gear ratio makes the handle easier to turn than on most systems and it folds compactly.

You can use at least five techniques depending on how you stack the "sandwich":
1.Die, material and mat only to cut a die-cut shape.
2.Die, material, inked letterpress and mat for printed die-cut shape.
3.Die,material, letterpress and mat for letter-pressed die-cut shape.
4.Inked letterpress , material and mat for printed , embossed material.
5.un-inked letterpress, material and mat for embossed design only.

The only negative I can find is the price **Gasp** but it is comparable to other machines of this type and I think the portability and other features make it a much better choice. It's still not too late to hint for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars My go to traditional die cut machine , definite pick over Big Shot, maybe over Cameo, August 9, 2013
kn_s (Saratoga, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I too own the Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle Cutter, Fiskars 100770-1001 Fuse Die Cut and Letterpress, Starter Set & Sizzix 657900 Big Shot Cutting and Embossing Roller Style Scrapbooking Die-Cut Machine, Powder Blue and Teal -- I purchased the Fuse instead of the Big Shot Pro and found that the Fuse despite the steep price point especially once you add in the adapters and the rubber mats and so on, cuts my spellbinders etc much better than my big shot, I get an even
cut without rotating, multiple passes etc on my spellbinder dies with the fuse. That said, I use the cameo as often as I do the fuse, but my cameo definitely is less forgiving than the fuse -- alignment goes off especially with print and cuts, things tear while taking them off the mat etc. As of now, there is no large adapter for the fuse.

If you are considering a Big Shot the Fuse is the clear winner, if you are considering a Cameo, I would say it depends on what you want to cut. The traditional ones cut anything, but the cameo wins hands down on flexibility -- you can scan and cut any stamps by tracing/matching the shape making it easy to mass produce holiday cards etc. The cameo is equally pricey -- I find myself needing a new blade and they are not cheap every 20 sheets or so if I want perfect cutting. Cutting mats last for even less time and take trouble and more expensive sprays and supplies to rehabilitate. New mats invariably waste paper from being too sticky, while suddenly the mat won't be sticky enough and will let the paper move while cutting essentially ruining your sheet.

Fuse --
Pros -- cuts all dies, very easy to use and store, beautiful embossing with multiple brands etc. Takes wide variety of sizes.
Cons -- Cost -- Adding ability to cut different size and brand dies pretty much doubles to triples the cost. Still cheaper than the Big Shot Pro... Each die is super expensive, just a dollar or less on the Cameo

Cameo
Pros - infinite no of designs and alphas that don't cost an arm and a leg. Buying the design software makes it easy to create your own dies. You can scan in stamps you own and make them digital, then can add custom papers to fill in colors, and make them a print and cut, or simply scan to trace the outline for an easy outline to stamp afterwards.
Cons -- No texture like embossing or letterpress possible, can't cut heavy weight materials, can duplicate designs on the same sheet, but can't cut multiple sheets at the same time, while designs are inexpensive, you end up have a lot of recurring costs with mats that wear out and blades that cannot be re-sharpened at all and dull very quickly. After 20 sheets, my blades are toast.

I will get rid of my Big Shot since I find the Fuse far superior, but love that the Fuse can cut chipboard etc. while the cameo barely does heavy cardstock and fabric.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. and HEAVY!, November 25, 2012
Doug Hibbard (Almyra, Arkansas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If this were sold by weight, it would be much more expensive. Of course, the weight could be indicative of quality, but I think (and my toes, that found it one night, think) that it's a conspiracy to hobble me.

Now, on to the product:

A. Price: watch the price on this thing. I have seen it fluctuate by more than 30% since I got it. As in, at the "List price" for a week, then 30% lower.

B. Ease of operation: very easy to use. The manual is clear and even without it, one could figure out the operation pretty easily. Place whatever you want on the paper into a stack, put the material on top of that, then place the cover-piece and roll it through.

C. Durability: there is no power here but your elbow. So, check with an orthopedic surgeon to see how long it will last. Since it is a direct-drive/crank without power or many moving parts, the mechanism is going to be sturdy. The device, while plastic in parts, is still very sturdy. It is the quality that I would expect from Fiskars.

D. Durability: there are some wear-and-tear parts, and those appear to be easily replaceable. The bigger fear I have for those (like the cutting pad) is that they appear sturdy enough to last a while. I hope that Fiskars will still be making replacement parts when I need a new one.

E. Limitations: it's a starter set. As in "You can do a few projects to see if you like it and then spend more money to get more parts!" There do appear to be many good cut/design sets available. I think my first purchase will be the square design set. I would advise having the machine in hand before you purchase add-ons, just so that you can know what you need and don't need.

F. Usefulness: need to make invitations? Thank-you notes? Live 20 miles into the middle of nowhere where you can't buy them locally and don't want to mess with internet ordering of such things? Get one of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am BEYOND HAPPY with the Fuse!, September 15, 2013
I am so glad I bought this machine. I had been on the fence about the Big Shot Pro for about a year. I wanted a manual diecutter that could handle larger dies, but the Big Shot Pro was on the expensive side and whenever it went on a small sale it always sold out. The Fiskars Fuse is a large format die cutter in a very afforable package. I am able to use any die on the market (except for the wooden AccCut and Ellison dies) but the large Big Shot Pro dies work like a dream. In fact I purchased the Big Shot Pro plates and crease pad and I essentially have a Big Shot Pro at 1/3 of the price. The Fuse is sturdy, well made, the handle cranks like a dream, and I am so pleased with this. I have tried it out with a variety of dies and materials and everything has worked so well. It embosses wonderfully and the 8.5x11 embossing folders by Ebosser work great in the Fuse. I am saving my cuttlebug for crops and I am giving away my Big Shot...this is the only die cutter I need.

4.0 out of 5 stars This one does it all, May 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not my first die cutting machine, but I was so excited to get this machine because it not only does die cuts, but also embosses. I also have a Sizzix Big Shot and Creatopia Shapez. So I already had a lot of different die cuts, base plates and cutting plates to make "sandwiches". A "sandwich" is the plates and die cut you put together before running it through the machine. The Fiskar book shows you in detail where the cutting plate, paper, die cut and base plate go and for non-Fiskar dies I have to experiment before making the final "cut". This machine is the biggest and heaviest of my die cutters, but fortunately it does fold up and has a handle so it can be moved (did I mention it was HEAVY?). It also has built in storage where you can store some of your smaller die cuts.

The first thing I tried was the design set that came with the machine and made a Thank You card (it also has a To and From die); I die cut one, embossed one and also used the enclosed ink pad to Letterpress one. They all came out great. I have bought some Fiskars design sets and expansion packs to also use, and yes, they can be expensive (which is why I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5). I have used a lot of Sizzix dies with it. I have not bought the adapter kit (another big expense), because like I mentioned I already have a lot of different plates to use with it. I have found that I can use foam, plastic, rubber, and even junk paper to make the "sandwich" thicker or thinner, depending on how thick or thin your die is. You want the handle to turn hard going through the machine to make a good cut, but not so hard you have to force it. Also, you need to hold the edge of what you're cutting or embossing until it starts to go through the machine.

I have to say that since receiving this machine I haven't used any of the others. I can do it all with this by using different size "sandwiches" with different die cuts. I do a lot of scrapbooking and this is definitely something that's gotten a lot of use!