Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 21, 2007
I hate to heap mockery on some of the reviewers' statements below, but I have found immediate gratification with this set of long handled shears. They, to be polite, are all fulla beans.

In fact, my wife has agreed that we need a second pair, so she can use them when I'm obsessing with this pair.

Down the list of criticisms that turned out to be so much hot air:

LIGHT, not heavy. Very controllable, not fatiguing at all.

Very sharp, right out of the box.

Easy to balance with the front handle -- this is a two hand job, if you're going to be trimming more than a snip here and there -- and I didn't find any need to stoop or bend over at all. I'm only six feet, though, so perhaps some of the negative reviews were written by retired NBA folks.

FAST, FAST, FAST delivery. To tell the truth, with some of my experiences of late with Amazon, I was astonished to see it in my carport just two days after ordering. TWO DAYS, people! Ready to use, right out of the box, too!

There are some negatives. I have NO idea how I'll sharpen the blades, but, with the slight expense, I can afford to toss 'em in a landfill for future generations to deal with and buy another.

Anybody wanna buy a used Ryobi string trimmer?

EXCELLENT product. Do as I did, and take the negative reviews below with tablespoons of salt, heaps of salt, and order a few. I'm terrifically glad I did.
UPDATE June 08: Use these almost daily, when things are growing. Actually they were easier to put a newish edge on than I anticipated. They are a bit hard to keep clean, but that is mostly me, I'm afraid. I'd buy a pair if I were you, and I am hard to please (see other reviews under my name.)
88 comments|248 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2001
A while back I attended a lecture at an old house nearby. While poking around the property we spied some ingenious looking trimmers that were mounted on wheels. The perfect thing for edging lawns! When I saw these long handled shears in This Old House magazine they looked to be the closest thing (albeit without wheels). They are light and well balanced. The blades seem to cut nicely and I like the fact that the blade lock is easily located on the top. The blades are rather short, so you have to make lots and lots of cuts to edge a bed. Naturally, this leads to a very tired hand. The shears are easy to use in either hand, although I am pretty ambidextrous so it may just be me. I have found that something of a scythe movement enables me to cut through grass somewhat easier and quicker. I have an aversion to gas powered weed wackers as they are noisy and smelly. They are far more effective than these shears which I was hoping would not be the case. All in all, if I had just a small area to edge, these shears would be great. For a large lawn or many flower beds, they just don't "cut it."
0Comment|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2000
The Fiskars 92107935 Long Handle Swivel Grass Shears is a wonderful tool that makes gardening more enjoyable. Traditional gardening/grass shears force one to labor away on ones hands and knees. However with Fiskars innovative tool, bending down to use shears is eliminated. The grass shears are further desirable due to its cutting heads rotational ability. The head is able to turn a full 180 degrees. This enables wider cutting surface and precise trimming! Although this tool is more expensive than the traditional grass shears, the cost disparity is easily made up in its convenience. If you are in the market for garden shears and are concernced for the well-being of your back, I strongly recommend this novel, innovative tool!
on July 11, 2007
Fiskars Long Handled Swivel Grass Shears #92107935

We had a pair of these when I was a kid, and having now hit the half century mark, I know why Mom and Dad were always using them. Quit bending over to clip around your walk or beds! Get off your knees! Works on tender bush branches too, for those smaller ornamentals that are below your knees. While Mom and Dad's had wheels on the backside (so my brother and I could 'roll and clip') this pair has a rotating head, allowing vertical cuts (useful for beds and bushes) or horizontal cuts (good for the sidewalk, especially if you have a brick walk with sod shooting out of the cracks) and even angled cuts. Being FISKARS, I'm not worried about durability or having them retain an edge. (And, even if they DO loose their edge, I'm sure my wife's Fiskars scissors sharpener will put them back in order.)
on March 11, 2006
I have arthritis in my knees, and a big beautiful yard. This product has made it possible for me to keep my yard much neater and to enjoy the outdoors and my garden.

The product is exactly as advertised, it seems to be sturdy and durable and quite well made, (like all Fiskars products I've used), and I'm delighted with it.
on June 21, 2004
This tool is a little pricey but well made. It handles light grass trimming with ease. Great for trimming around trees and rocks. The swivel head is very convienient. All in all I would reccomend it for light to moderate trimming. If you can afford it,go for it.
on May 1, 2012
I needed something I could trust to cut without the hassle of changing weed wacker spools or working on my knees with Sheers. As I live in KY the weeds out here can be mighty strong in the stem. One of the worries I had about this item was that it would have trouble cutting thicker blades of grass and weeds. I don't have to worry anymore. The blades keep a relatively sharp edge and I found that when I line up the crab grass between the two edges to the rear and squeeze, the cut is perfect almost every time. The rotation advantage is a Godsend for me, as I have gates and cannot always get under in order to clip.

Lastly, I always clean the blades with Windex when I am done. I would advise always cleaning thus as a buildup of resin can and will force the blades to stick. Also, ensure that you use some WD40 to oil where you can as it will always help in the maintaining of the mechanism.
on October 4, 2001
I like the idea behind the tool. It's light enough to work for an hour or better without too much strain. The adjustable angle works well and has enough settings to be practical for a number of uses. However, I found that the metal on the blades is too soft and nicks too easily, which, due to the cutting angle, causes the shears to hang up and fail to cut.
on August 6, 2015
Can you use it soley to weed-eat? Depends on how patient you are. Did the edging perfectly for a 30'x40' yard but nicer than a weedeater would have. Peaceful/precise and kind of fun. Like scissors on a stick. No complaints after 1 hour of use. Better than dragging a cord around and wearing goggles like with the weedeater.
review image review image review image
on August 18, 2015
Read all kinds of horror stories about this... I love it. I trim my pond daily with it and it is great for reaching into the pond and trimming around the sides without stooping over. Have used it daily for 5 weeks and it is just as good as the day I got it. I oil it periodically.
review image