5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed
Published on October 31, 2009 by B. Lavaris

3.0 out of 5 stars Gerber Pocket knife sharpener
The Gerber pocketknife sharpener is not very good; it will give your pocketknife blade a fair edge. But it will not make it razor sharp. It is a fair tool if you have other tools to sharpen your pocketknife. However, it is not a good primary sharpening tool.
Published on January 7, 2010 by Noblelord

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, October 31, 2009
This review is from: Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247 (Kitchen)
This product is smaller than I expected, but only makes it more compact and easier to take with you (could easily fit on key chain with lanyard hole). Of the 5 blades I tried this product on only my tool logic blade/magnesium fire starter wouldn't take a very sharp blade, the other folding knives became extremely sharp. The most impressive feat was when I took my ColdSteel 12 inch bowie machete (New in box it is not remotely sharp) to this devise and was amazed with the results. Within 1-2 min it went from no edge whatsoever so extremely sharp. Coming from someone who isn't very experienced with sharpening blades, this is a wonderful devise and couldn't be easier to use (no having to get the angle right on sharpening stone, no need for oil, etc). I don't think anyone could be disappointed purchasing this tool and I'm so satisfied that I'm about to buy several more for different locations and family members.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool, October 24, 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247 (Kitchen)
To start off; sharpen your knife first. Then use this tool to keep the edge. I took this with me to Alaska on a Moose hunt. Let me tell you that skinning a Moose will give any knife a work out. I stopped every 5 minutes to use this tool to keep the edge sharp. It worked great. If you let your blade get dull then you're in trouble. It kept my knife sharp enough that I cut a gash in my finger (my fault). I would recommend this sharpener to anyone that wants to keep the edge on their hunting knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, October 6, 2009
This review is from: Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247 (Kitchen)
Make no mistakes about it. There are better ways to sharpen a knife. This will not replace professional care. However, it is the best when you consider "bang for the buck". I keep one in my gear bag for work, one in my cabin at the lake, one in my gun safe, and one in my camping gear. It pays off when you're in the woods and need a quick honing. Especially if your knife is used like a tool for cutting vines, twigs, branches, and even digging.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247 (Kitchen)
I purchased this initially because I was looking for an inexpensive alternative to my multi-stone sharpening system that I cannot find. I did some research and found that this type of sharpening tool was rated to be effective, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. I was not satisfied with the results initially; however, I was using it on neglected blades. I ended up locally purchasing a traditional whetstone as well and I find the Gerber sharpener to be effective in for maintaining a maintained blade that has begun to dull versus restoring a neglected blade. At the end of the day, what else could I expect from this price range and size so I am rating it 4 stars. Overall, my initial use and application has changed, but what it is, the price is great for the results it produces. This will not replace your traditional sharpening implement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiskars Pocket Sharpener, December 2, 2011
I too prefer the stone and oil method when I have the time, but this small but effective tool is a Godsend in the kitchen. Puts a good and useful edge on most knives quickly and without special techniques. Recommend it to anyone who hates dull knives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247 (Kitchen)
At first I was dissapointed with this while attempting to sharpen my gerber folding knife. It gave me an edge but nothing like what I had wanted. The sharperner will not give you the angle you need by just sliding the blade into the slot and pulling.

What I had found out is that if you place the blade down into the slot, and then push the blade either to the left side of the cermaic or the right while pulling towards you, it will give you a very sharp blade because it will actually change the angle a little bit. After around 10 strokes, I push the blade to the other side while pulling so that the other side of the blade will receive a better angle as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect knife sharpener, November 13, 2009
This review is from: Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247 (Kitchen)
It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive to do the job. I always had to ask my husband to sharpen a dull knife. No more. I can do t myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, February 22, 2008
S. Peterson (Spokane, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This product works very well for me and continues to keep my blades sharp. I noticed it worked most effectively when used with a sharpening stone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gerber Pocket knife sharpener, January 7, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Survival Sharpener, September 20, 2009
I'm an old stone-and-oil sharpener from way back, learned how from my mother and step-father. These Fiskars sharpeners are a nice way to get a "quick and dirty" edge back on your knife. Not as good as using a good stone and spending some quality time with your favorite knife, but a very handy device. I've tucked a Fiskars sharpener in with most of the survival kits I've made for family and friends, and am confident that this little sharpener will do the job required of it. They're lightweight, can be used without any other gear, and come with a lanyard hole so you don't have to worry about losing them in the bush. Their design allows you to swiftly and accurately sharpen a knife while concentrating on something else, which is a great time-savings.

Fiskars Pocket Knife Sharpener 3247