Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Way of the Fist
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 11, 2007
A band that lives up to it's name? Five Finger Death Punch's music sure does a swift job of living up to such a bold statement. Clutching the listener upon impact, the band's proper debut, "The Way Of The Fist," is a rollercoaster of a metal album that will appeal not only to the most cynical of metal-heads, but those who don't primarily pay attention to the genre as well. It's got something for everyone. Thanks to frontman Ivan Moody, who some may remember from a little band by the name of Motograter, we are treated to a voice in the genre that can pull off a limitless range of styles and push it forward with passion. Backing him up are an odd assortment of co-horts; hailing from the post-grunge band U.P.O., we have Zoltan Bathory on guitars, with bassist Matt Snell (formerly of Deadsett) and ex-W.A.S.P. (yes, you heard me, W.A.S.P.!) members Darrell Roberts (guitar) and Jeremy Spencer (drums) rounding out the line-up. Truly, it is their diverse backgrounds that come together to bring such a rich and unique sound. Not to mention that each member is in top form and puts on one tight performance. You can listen to this ten track CD thoroughly and everything blends seamlessly without letting up for a moment. To be honest, the only flaws are that they don't show off just how diverse they can be (first single "The Bleeding" stands alone) and in the end, the album is just too brief. Regardless, Five Finger Death Punch's sound is one that actually sounds modern, especially when placed in a wasteland where every other metal band emerging sounds alike. "The Way Of The Fist" is a satisfyingly addictive metal album that just about anyone can appreciate.
on October 28, 2007
This is a record for all of those long standing fans of bands like Pantera that are wondering when the next great metal act might be. Well, wait no longer go out and buy Five Finger Death Punch as you will be banging your head like you used to...
on November 5, 2007
This band is growing and growing fast, With good reason. After a brief conversation with lead singer Ivan after there performance at the family values show in Hartford Ct. About the late "James Lynn Strait" may he rest in peace. I respected him like a brother, To come out and talk with fans like he does. The music is just pure metal and so much talent in the band. I couldn't wait for the CD to come out I went and bought it the day it came out. And been listening to it since, The band is well put together the production quality is amazing. There is not one song on the CD that you can label your favorite its just not fair to the album. All the songs are just amazing this is just simply one of the best albums to come out in 07. So do your self a favor and buy it, And if you get the chance see them live do it you will not regret it. The way of the fist is exactly what the title says, It will make you want to clench your fists and get in the pit.
on November 16, 2007
With a voice sometimes reminiscent of tool, and a nice chunk in the music, this band is pretty killer. I'm not a chick that goes for pounding double bass all the time and guitars so fast that you can't tell what chords are what. If this stuff is thrash/speed metal whatever you wanna call it, I like it! No wimpy songs here, nice melodies with a toughness to them.
on October 20, 2007
This album is probally the Best metal cd i have heard in years. FFDP has everything that is good in metal . . . heavy music , intense lyrics and a frontman that can blow you away. Since ive gotten this album about two months ago it has basically been in my player. ive seen them twice and am buying tickets tomarrow to go see them yet again. FFDP has given new hope to metal and set a new standard in my book. everyone should check this out. It wont disappoint.
on February 16, 2008
Already being a fan of the vocalist Ivan Moody's past projects Motograter, Black Blood Orchestra, and Ghost Machine I was very excited to hear this new album. I had already heard some of it because I saw them play their first live show in Los Angeles in 2006. After that I was already hooked. This album is what the current metal community needed. It brought a wake up call to all those who say that the new era of metal has been nothing good. Well it's time to put up or shut up because you've got Five Finger Death Punch coming for you!
Now, that I made it listening to track #2 "Way of the Fist" for 3 months straight on my daily drive to work, I have to say that track #2 is one of the best driving songs of all time. It calms me down, that and sucking on Nicorette mints takes away my anger for the guy that cuts me off mostly every day. The other songs are great as well, but I can't live without listening to the title track on a daily weekday basis. Of notable mention is White Knuckles to completely relax. Never Enough and The Bleeding are featured on this page, so check those out as well, but I prefer the hard stuff. Daily dose of FFDP definitely makes the drive calm.
on June 4, 2010
Anyone can learn to scream and sing and play loud music. That seems to be the definition of today's metal scene. But there are a few who can stand head and shoulders above the rest and deliver a solid, unforgettable message. This is one of those bands; they have a solid, welcoming sound and a razor-sharp impact that won't leave you. Grouped with bands such as Forgotten Fable, Luna Mortis, and Straight Line Stitch, these guys have created a piece of art with this album with a personality.
on July 31, 2007
I here mix reviews of these guys on chat forums. I don't understand why? They have a great sound. Ivan Moody or "Ghost" as some of you may also know him as is a great vocalist. I like his schizophrenic singing. If you liked Motogrator and Ghost Machine then this definitely is a must have. They are on the Family Values Tour with Korn and Hell Yeah this year. Go and check them out!
on November 10, 2007
Let's get things straight, I don't like metalcore, its c***-tease metal. All the songs sound the same, start off heavy scream, scream, scream then have the obligatory breakdown where they sing. Ya get me worked up and moshing and then the singing comes and just sounds out of place, and I can't do anything with it. They only metalcore band I like a lot is Unearth.

Now I have two metalcore bands I like.

Getting into FFDP was pretty easy: I saw their name on the bill for the Family Values Tour and said "That is the most ridiculously awesome name!" and checked out them performing Salvation on YouTube and was hooked. I never heard anything from Motograter or Ghost Machine, so I wasn't even part of the Ivan Moody fan club until hearing this.

Ivan Moody is a big part of why FFDP works, the man can scream and grunt, and sing really well. His voice is completely void of that whiney emo tone that plagues a lot of singers in the metalcore business. The other aspect of this band that works is that they don't completely change the momentum of the song with the breakdowns; they go from hard head-banging riffs to more melodic work without a hitch and throw in guitar solos and other interesting elements with ease.

But the album has some elements that don't completely work. For one the song structure is pretty similar, scream the verses sing the chorus, repeat (except "The Bleeding" where they switch it). This method works flawlessly for the first 5 tracks in pure awesome metal goodness. We then hit "The Devil's Own" and we reach the first dud in the album. It's a personal pet peeve of mine hearing about people whine about mommy and daddy problems. Ivan, you're like 30 dude, if your parents cause you that much angst, get some therapy or stop sending them Christmas cards.

"White Knuckles" and "Can't Heal You" keep the album going good, and do play with the song structures and have some really addictive guitar work. "Death Before Dishonor" really doesn't work for me, I find the melody of the chorus clunky and well nothing really works on that song for me. But the album ends on a strong note with "Meet the Monster" a crunchy track that is hard not to scream along with.

So all in all Way of the Fist is a good album, and once Five Finger Death Punch has had time to gel with one another and push their talents even further I'm sure they will become a bigger, better, meaner fist ready to punch some metal in our eardrums.