5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Boot

2.0 out of 5 stars Adore FitFlop but so Disappointed
Published on December 8, 2011 by Gabrielle

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Boot, November 23, 2011
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Dash Boot (Shoes)
I love FitFlops. I wear them all summer long, and I think they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on my problem feet. Having tried the Gogh clogs when they first came out, I was disappointed in FitFlops cold weather options until I found these boots. I've bought them in black and brown, and I wear them all the time. They are nice enough looking that I can get away with wearing them for work and for play. A truly fantastic shoe! I only wish they came in more colors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Adore FitFlop but so Disappointed, December 8, 2011
Gabrielle (Quincy, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Dash Boot (Shoes)
I own 5 pairs of FitFlops - 1 pair of FF boots and adore them. They are the only shoe I can wear pain free due to an old ankle injury. They seemed to have discontinued their ankle Superboot which was almost $100 cheaper than their new ankle boot so I was very excited to see these adorable boots. They arrive today and I am so disappointed, I cannot even get them on my feet. I have read reviews on other sites that others have also been unable to get them on but was hoping they would work for me. Even a shoe-horn couldn't get these on - so tight. But if you go up a size they don't fit once you get them on. Very bummed! I will return asap and hope that FF will make affordable and accessible winter shoes in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love those FitFlops!, October 5, 2012
B. Gray (New York, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Dash Boot (Shoes)
I read reviews both here and on Zappo's regarding this boot. This past summer I bought a pair of FitFlops for the first time. My local shoe store was having a sale, so I went in to check out the merchandise. There was this nice looking pair of suede FitFlop sandals, a neighbor had told me how wonderful they were but I always found them sort of dorky looking. But when I tried them on I couldn't believe how comfortable they were, they were NOT on sale and I left the store, but ended up going back and buying the last pair in my size, they were that comfortable. A bit later I got a virus of some sort, and was getting very tired. One day I wore regular shoes on a longish walk, when I got home I was totally wiped out, but had to walk the dog. Put on my FitFlops and it was amazing, I felt totally rejuvenated.

So I decided I'd look to see if FitFlop made any shoes/boots for colder weather and lo and behold, they do! I read a lot of reviews, half positive, half negative. The negative ones complaining that these boots were hard to put on (NOT) that the color wasn't as represented (also not true), criticizing their looks, etc. I decided to try them any way, yes, they are NOT the most elegant footwear, but if you're looking for something truly comfortable I highly recommend these! And happily, I got these on Amazon for less then I paid for the sandals! Yay!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these boots!, January 30, 2013
These caught my eye and I decided to take a chance -- not only is it iffy buying shoes online but I am the world's pickiest shoe buyer. Comfort is as important as style. I have a small shoe wardrobe and tend to wear them into the ground, literally. I love the look and feel of these boots. Having never worn (or even heard of) FitFlop I did not know what to expect. I agree with others that they are a bit hard to pull on (opening the buckle does help) but once on they are so comfortable! I also did take others' advice and get a half size down, which is perfect. Now I'm looking for a good suede waterproofing spray so they will last as long as possible!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for arthritic feet!, December 11, 2013
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Dash Boot (Shoes)
I wear fit flop sandals all summer long and I needed something to wear in the winter that was as comfortable and would work in the cold. I read the reviews that talked about how difficult they are to get on, and I decided to order them anyway since I was desperate to find a shoe I could wear. I'm glad I did. They are hard to get on for the first few times, but they stretch out a bit with each wearing and now I can get them on quite easily. I did unbuckle the buckle for the first few times and that did seem to help a bit. They will fit big at the heel; it is part of the way the bottom of the shoe works and I have not found it to be a problem. I waterproofed them before I started wearing them and they are doing just fine in the snow and cold. I have terribly arthritic feet and these boots allow me to wear something other than sneakers. I use them whenever I go out. They serve as my go to shoes now and I love them. I wish the brand had more shoes. My shoe size is normally 8.5 and I ordered 8 and they work. My toes have plenty of room and are not crowded and in pain, and the ball of my foot is cushioned so I don't have pain there either. I recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute but bad news, November 19, 2012
For the amount of money I paid one would expect to be able to at least put them on! Fitflop has such great soles for the footwear but these are so awkward to try to put on, it requires a shoe horn and bruises the top of the foot!
As I discarded the packing materials I am keeping them but will snip the stitching to at least be able to wear them.
Very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars FitFlop Dash Boot, December 15, 2011
I love the FitFlop sandle's so I decided to see if they offered anything in a winter shoe..I looked on Amazon (where I purchased gift cards, cameras, TV and now shoes) and there were many to choose from..This boot is stylish if worn under pant hem. Not a flexanble boot though Very comfortable..Hard to get on with a heavier sock (I needed a shoe horn) but with a thin sock no problem..A bit pricie but all the fitflop's are..Still looking for one more pair..Perhaps the Clog FitFlop..Lydia in Arizona

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, March 20, 2013
LMI (Aurora, CO) - See all my reviews
I have nerve and cartilage damage to my left foot. It has been near impossible to find shoes that are comfortable to wear the entire day. I came across some fit flops that I purchased locally and immediately could tell the difference. I can wear fit flops for the entire day without pain or discomfort. When I ordered these boots, I was a bit worried since a lot of the reviewers had trouble getting these shoes on. Granted, you aren't going to be able to wear these boots with thick heavy hunting socks. Midweight socks work the best. I found that if you loosen the buckle one notch, there is no problem getting these on. I even have an arch support in them. The easiest way to get these shoes on is by standing up and sliding your foot into them rather than try to pull them on while seated. The only drawback for me is the price. These shoes are pricey for me. I will continue to search Amazon for the best price on fit flops. I have ordered three different styles of fit flops and love each pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, January 6, 2013
They were comfortable from the first time I wore them and I have had multiple foot problems. My only complaint is the lack of style.. I wish they came in leather instead of suede.

2.0 out of 5 stars What do you expect from a company that has flop in the name?, December 24, 2011
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Dash Boot (Shoes)
This boot should be renamed fit's' floppy
This boot is strange, I have them for two weeks and now price went down 20 bucks already...bummer.
Anyway I first go a size 8 and it was so floppy around the ankles and seemed big even though I wear that size normally. So I returned that. And got a 7 which fit fine. really hard to get on but one the suede stretches it's easier. Forget thick socks, wear something more slippery.
This boot is not meant for rain or snow, it's suede....
This is not for some one who has a high instep.
It is not for someone who is unable to tug to get a shoe on
I do like how the footbed feels though because of the molding, but it's not really a soft shoe. Its impractical for most people and has more against it than going for it.
This brand shouldn't charge so much,
And despite claims....scientifically it's impossible for toning to happen...sorry, it takes work to tone the body, not a shoe
I imagine the clogs will be nicer but theyre pretty pricy too. I think this company has too much ego behind it.

FitFlop Women's Dash Boot