1,116 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, Comfortable AND Sexy! But, beware...
Published on October 30, 2010 by MariaSmiles

3.0 out of 5 stars different strap tightness
Published on December 29, 2010 by rowena

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, Comfortable AND Sexy! But, beware..., October 30, 2010
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Electra Sandal (Apparel)
I've found that when I wear shoes with a heel (even a platform low heel), my feet get this weird numb feeling, for days after wearing (scary!). That does NOT happen with these shoes. I can wear them all day and night long (walking, dancing, standing) with no discomfort whatsoever. Seriously, these are my "go to" shoes - I wear them as often as possible. I'm picky about comfort and style and fit, and these shoes are perfect for me!

I happened upon these (in black) at a local store. I was looking for a nice pair of black sandals. I love Teva Mush (flip-flops), and various Birkenstock styles, but they are generally very casual looking (not quite sexy enough). I tried the FitFlop Electra on, along with Sketchers of a similar style. Both were comfy (and close in price), but I noticed the FitFlops felt "right". I bought them and have happily worn them almost every day since (6+ months). They still look great (I do flip a few sequins back into place every so often, just so they stay lined up). They are still immensely comfortable. And, thanks to their design, I can wash the part where my foot goes, if needed!

These are dressy enough to wear in the evening in the summer or while on vacation, and can also be worn with jeans or a nice cotton skirt. But, they're comfortable enough that you'll wanna wear them around the house, with sweatpants and a hoodie!

Don't be surprised if you find yourself looking to buy more clothes that will go with them, just so you can wear them more often ~ :)

Oh yeah, and they claim to burn more calories when you wear them. I want them in every color.

These sandals are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

UPDATE Aug 2012:
CAUTION!! These shoes are addictive! These were my first pair of FitFlops and certainly not my last! Currently, I have almost a dozen (4 in this style, walkstars, hoopers, the boots, the clogs, the sneakers...), and, these original pair still look pretty good after two years and lots of walking, dancing, sauntering, jaunting, and some hula-hooping! I've got a few friends and family members hooked, too! One friend had severe foot pain and was due to have surgery for plantar fascitis, but then I got her her 1st pair of FitFlops, and her pain went away! And, my mom told me, "I THOUGHT I wore comfy shoes UNTIL I tried a pair of FitFlops!" She's hooked, too! Caveat Emptor! :D

I rely on reviews here at Amazon to help me make informed buying choices. I hope this review has helped you in the same manner. If you voted this as helpful, I Thank You! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars My truth about FitFlop Electras, September 7, 2009
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Electra Sandal (Apparel)
First, I have not seen any difference whatsoever in my leg or butt muscles. I don't care. Not only are these cute, but they are uber-comfortable.

I bought these FitFlops about a week before I went to a conference in Los Angeles. I wore them around, broke them in (they don't need much) and ended up wearing them all my waking hours. We did some walking, and I was happy. It wasn't until my cousin and I went to Disneyland from 10 a.m until midnight, walking, walking, walking that I realized just how much these FitFlops really help. I walked for the whole 14 hour day and did NOT have horrible knee pain. --Three years ago I screwed up my knee trying to do a 5K. After that I walked 3 miles a couple of times a week (~an hour) for exercise and my knee would be sore. Sometimes I had to quit walking after even 10 minutes, the pain was so sore! But not so with the FitFlops, even after a super full day at Disneyland! Talk about awesome!

One more thing. I've had all these little broken blood vessels along my (high) arches for a while now, from being about 30 lbs. overweight. Well, the little broken blood vessels have disappeared since I've been wearing these FitFlops. I only bought them a month ago! My arches and my knees are so thankful for FitFlops!
(now if only I could get my high arched feet into their other styles too!)

3.0 out of 5 stars different strap tightness, December 29, 2010
I already owned the pietra fitflop sandals and i love them so much that's why i decided to buy another pair. Since I have the pietra in size 9, I thought they will all be the same. I ordered Electra in size 9. I was so excited when they turned up because not only did I like the design & comfort of fit flop, I will also be able to give my pietra sandals a bit of a break every now & then. I was a bit disappointed because the strap of the Electra sandals is so loose around my feet. Why do they make it ldifferent? I know I have the option to return them but I live in Australia and I was about to go travelling when they arrived, so didn't have time to to do all that. I just took them with me & hopefully will get used to them eventually. Warning to people who are buying the electra online, buy one size smaller than your usual size.

5.0 out of 5 stars My feet couldn't be happier, August 23, 2009
J. Bell (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
I have two pair of this miracle product. I have Neuroma in my left foot that forced me to quit my job. I have paid close to $400.00 in the past for Orthodics and shoes to help my problem but over time was no help at all. I live in Arizona where you can wear thongs year around, so after seeing this product on TV (Oprah) and reading numerous reviews on them I purchased my first pair and I was in a dream because I can walk for long periods of time with very little to no pain. There is very little pressure on the ball of my foot where all my problem is. Thank you for your Fitflops they have literally saved my life from a nonactive existance to being able to enjoy my life again. I highly recommend these sandals to anyone who has the same problem, you will love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better than a regular flop., July 18, 2009
Cinediva (Pasadena, CA) - See all my reviews
I bought the Electra in Black which looks dressier than your average flop and I have been complimented on the style. The FitFlop runs big so even though I wear a 6.5 M in a normal shoe, I wear a 6M in the FitFlop. The FitFlop's sturdy platform bottom gives you a bit of height and is nicely balanced so you don't wobble or slide around. I don't wear flip flops everywhere the way some people do - I've seen people wear flip flops with formal dresses, which is an embarrassing fashion mistake. But FitFlops are great for casual and weekend wear. I wear them around the house, for short walks, trips to the store, etc. They are very comfortable and the thong has rounded edges so it doesn't cut into your foot. I haven't noticed any significant loss of inches but I was already thin when I got them. I have noticed that they put less pressure on my knees. I've had them for two months and with regular use, they still look new. I recommend getting a color with a dark footbed like black or bronze. (Lighter footbeds of sandals show toe marks over time.) Definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandal, runs a size too big, July 1, 2010
I love the sandal. I purchased a size 9 which I normally wear. I should have gotten a size 8. I tried on an 8 and realized that the sandal runs a size larger. Purchase the sandals keeping this in mind and you will have a great fit. I ended up buying the 8 and love them!

1.0 out of 5 stars not the same, October 30, 2011
This is my 3rd pair of Electra Fitflops. Either they have seriously cut back on production quality or these are fake rip offs. The plastic is harder, the bottom is different to the picture on Amazon, the fit over the top is looser/thicker and poorly shaped/cut. the bottom feels harder like plastic instead of rubber. They are just not as comfortable. They bottom does not have "get a workout while you walk" and the red wobble board is about 4x the size. It didn't come in a box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 12, 2009
I was a little apprehensive about buying FitFlops again as the originals weren't the most stylish and they had a little design glitch, which pushed the foot backwards and left a massive space in the front (making the shoe look too big) and would also leave your heel hanging over the edge. But these FitFlops are on a whole other level. That "issue" has been fixed and they now fit to perfection! The sequins are delicate and dainty, and all the tones, Gold, Silver and Bronze look gorgeous (I'm sure the Black's do also, but I don't own a pair in that colour. I'm not sure if my buttocks is changing shape, nor my legs, but my lower back has stopped hurting from all the walking, as these shoes provide the "bounce" and support your feet need, so that's a definite plus. I would highly recommend these to anyone who loves walking in the summer, but feels they need something a little more "airy" (in both senses of the word). Purchase these, You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, October 19, 2009
These shoes are very comfortable. I live in Fit Flops. I have most of the colors. I have a bad back and they good sandals to wear. They have great arch supports.

5.0 out of 5 stars FitFlop Electra, September 16, 2012
I love the FitFlop Electra. I have a touch of plantar fasciitis, and these shoes make my feet feel great!

FitFlop Women's Electra Sandal