Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 30, 2010
I've found that when I wear shoes with a heel (even a platform low heel), my feet get this weird numb feeling, for days after wearing (scary!). That does NOT happen with these shoes. I can wear them all day and night long (walking, dancing, standing) with no discomfort whatsoever. Seriously, these are my "go to" shoes - I wear them as often as possible. I'm picky about comfort and style and fit, and these shoes are perfect for me!

I happened upon these (in black) at a local store. I was looking for a nice pair of black sandals. I love Teva Mush (flip-flops), and various Birkenstock styles, but they are generally very casual looking (not quite sexy enough). I tried the FitFlop Electra on, along with Sketchers of a similar style. Both were comfy (and close in price), but I noticed the FitFlops felt "right". I bought them and have happily worn them almost every day since (6+ months). They still look great (I do flip a few sequins back into place every so often, just so they stay lined up). They are still immensely comfortable. And, thanks to their design, I can wash the part where my foot goes, if needed!

These are dressy enough to wear in the evening in the summer or while on vacation, and can also be worn with jeans or a nice cotton skirt. But, they're comfortable enough that you'll wanna wear them around the house, with sweatpants and a hoodie!

Don't be surprised if you find yourself looking to buy more clothes that will go with them, just so you can wear them more often ~ :)

Oh yeah, and they claim to burn more calories when you wear them. I want them in every color.

These sandals are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

UPDATE Aug 2012:
CAUTION!! These shoes are addictive! These were my first pair of FitFlops and certainly not my last! Currently, I have almost a dozen (4 in this style, walkstars, hoopers, the boots, the clogs, the sneakers...), and, these original pair still look pretty good after two years and lots of walking, dancing, sauntering, jaunting, and some hula-hooping! I've got a few friends and family members hooked, too! One friend had severe foot pain and was due to have surgery for plantar fascitis, but then I got her her 1st pair of FitFlops, and her pain went away! And, my mom told me, "I THOUGHT I wore comfy shoes UNTIL I tried a pair of FitFlops!" She's hooked, too! Caveat Emptor! :D

I rely on reviews here at Amazon to help me make informed buying choices. I hope this review has helped you in the same manner. If you voted this as helpful, I Thank You! :)
1111 comments|284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2009
First, I have not seen any difference whatsoever in my leg or butt muscles. I don't care. Not only are these cute, but they are uber-comfortable.

I bought these FitFlops about a week before I went to a conference in Los Angeles. I wore them around, broke them in (they don't need much) and ended up wearing them all my waking hours. We did some walking, and I was happy. It wasn't until my cousin and I went to Disneyland from 10 a.m until midnight, walking, walking, walking that I realized just how much these FitFlops really help. I walked for the whole 14 hour day and did NOT have horrible knee pain. --Three years ago I screwed up my knee trying to do a 5K. After that I walked 3 miles a couple of times a week (~an hour) for exercise and my knee would be sore. Sometimes I had to quit walking after even 10 minutes, the pain was so sore! But not so with the FitFlops, even after a super full day at Disneyland! Talk about awesome!

One more thing. I've had all these little broken blood vessels along my (high) arches for a while now, from being about 30 lbs. overweight. Well, the little broken blood vessels have disappeared since I've been wearing these FitFlops. I only bought them a month ago! My arches and my knees are so thankful for FitFlops!
(now if only I could get my high arched feet into their other styles too!)
11 comment|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2013
A cousin of mine turned me on to Fit Flops saying they were the most comfortable shoes she's ever had. She wore them when she was pregnant and has been wearing Fit Flips as her running around shoes ever since. I admit, I was skeptical to look into these. First off, I'm not a flip flop wearer. They aren't typically my comfy shoes of choice for two reasons: I don't like wearing anything between my toes and the other reason is most flips flops have no arch support. I know people who live in their flip flops--not my thing to be honest. I do occasionally wear flats, but by the end of the day, my back hurts from the lack of support originating from my feet. I occasionally have foot pain due to plantar fasciitis, I suspect from wearing unsupportive shoes and being a busy woman on the go all the time. Also, the price of Fit Flops, wow, certainly more costly than the pair you might buy at say, Old Navy. But summer is upon us, I love taking my kids to the beach, I need flip flops. I have a pair of leather thong's by Frye--a reputable brand---but zero arch support and again, that uncomfortable feeling of wearing something between my toes. After doing some research, I found these babies at a more affordable sale price. How could I pass up this tremendous sale?? Am I ever so happy to have these. They are truly the most comfortable shoes---I actually prefer to wear these as my everyday shoes (wishful thinking for a desk jockey with conservative dresscode!) The sole is cushioned and the arch support is perfect. I have noticeable relief from PF pain. I also don't feel that strange pain that comes with wearing thong sandals between my toes. Maybe because of the molded shape of the footbed, your feet don't slide around as much as they do with regular flip flops. Alas, these were worth what I paid and admit I would pay more for my future FitFlops. I also love the sequins, which adds a blingy, girly flare which suits me.
on April 21, 2016
The cushioning and arch support are not like the older Electra Sandals I have. I've been buy this sandal for the past 6 years and have loved them. These are not bad, but not as supportive as the older ones were.
on November 27, 2012
I own 2 pairs of the Electra in a black and bronze, which I had bought 2 years ago in a size 7. As I have a back problem they are the most comfortable for long periods of walking and since my black was wearing out I ordered a pewter in a size 7. But to my dismay the strap is much more loose than my previous pairs and I almost damaged my ankles in them. Luckily I managed to return them. I also checked with another friend of mine and she mentioned that all the fit flop straps are bigger than they used to be. My shoe width is a medium (slightly narrower) and the 7 size was just about right but when I got the pewter shoes it felt like I was wearing a wide persons' shoes.
Do not order till you are sure of the strap size!
on May 21, 2016
I was disappointed in these shoes. I buy 2-3 pair a year and have never been disappointed. The last is ok but the straps are too wide. I cannot hold them next to my feet as the others. They look great and I can wear them but I only marked a 3 because they just don't seem the quality of workmanship as in the past. I had also bought a different style a few weeks ago and also found them to be lacking in quality control. i may be looking for another brand before long.
on May 15, 2016
Bought these a few years ago and they fit fine. These are the same size (6) and style as my original pair but now fits kinda large all-around. Feels more like a 7 but they're not. I know my feet didn't shrink ;-) Order a size down. Love the sequins and off-white sole.
on May 5, 2016
I have 8-9 pairs of fit flops. I wear a size 8 1/2 sneaker and shoe, but find the size 7 in fit flops fit perfectly. This particular pair in the Electra style fit alright but the sole was very hard on this pair. I have 3 other pairs of Electra and never had this problem. I returned them as they were not comfortable.
I confess that I have the ugliest feet going....flat, no real shape, a second two that is much longer than the big toe, chunky ankles, etc. I hate sandals for the most part, especially flip flops without much support because those tiny little straps make my big fat feet look pathetic.

These, however, make my feet look pretty! It must be the cut of the sequined panel that curves and flatters. The wider portion that crosses the arch gives good support, and the bottom fits as if it were custom made. I bought navy and with hot pink toenails it looks fantastic. Comfortable to wear right after purchase, no time to get used to them. Will be buying more...I only wish they had red and turquoise...I'll likely buy the bronze next.
on May 12, 2016
I was so disappointed in these FitFlops. I have the black Electra's from a few years ago that I love but the sole of these aren't anything like my old ones. These are hard and very uncomfortable. I sent them back.