5.0 out of 5 stars Best sheerling boot EVER!
I purchased the dark brown-I also own Ugg's, Emu & Minnetonka. LOVE these the most!
Published on November 15, 2009 by Karen S. Ludwig Wong

3.0 out of 5 stars loved the boots till they tore
Published on March 6, 2010 by The Rose Who Knows

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sheerling boot EVER!, November 15, 2009
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Mukluk Boot (Apparel)
I also have the Fitflop sandals, from this past summer, could not live w/out them! I was dissappointed Macy's would not carry FitFlop's fall boot line-only the Emu's. Anyway, they're like wearing the Flops! I wear them for very long periods of time when they're on my feet. Indoors, my feet do get a bit moist, as there's no fur on the bottom, but w/ NO residual consequences! I don't miss the fur bottom, and they have not stretched the way the Ugg's did...I already knew what size to order-depends on your instep. The first pair I orders squeaked on one shoe so I re-ordered and these are fine. I wish I had one in every color and style!!!
I tried to get my daughter to convert from Ugg's, but that peer influence is too great. You will be so happy with hese because the foot bed felt good & I could really take fast steps unlike the other I already own which make me feel like I'm shushing along...Treat yourself, I also got supersaver shipping, that was sweet. I have not worn them w/ the collar down yet, probably won't. The light color looks like it would be very nice turned down, though w/ tights. I'm a pants gal myself, and don't tuck in, but can tell they are condusive to it. Good luck & I especailly look forward to their summer fitflop style already!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars in love with this boot, October 26, 2009
i had bought a pair of the sandals in the summer in colorado and didnt want to take them off they have the best arch supports and the soles were the best ive worn for comfort so when i saw these boots i saw they were a little pricey but i bought them on amazon and they were a little less and free shipping and i love them ..tey are just as comfortable ..soles are the same and same arch support they do have a little more tread on bottom so will have to see how they wear..it says to wear them without socks so ..and i have they are like wearing slippers i just love them

5.0 out of 5 stars FlipFlopFanatic, November 15, 2009
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Mukluk Boot (Apparel)
I bought my first pair of FitFlop sandals in the summer of 2008. I promptly bought two more pairs and they're the only flip flops I wear anymore. My kids and grands live in Chicago and when I visit in warm weather, they're the only shoes I take and they're terrific for walking around town. They're great for my back and leg pain and my best friend swears they cured her plantar fasciitis. I longed for the Billow Clogs (slightly lower than these) but the price was beyond my budget. Then I was lucky enough to get them on sale in pink from Victoria's Secret at the end of the Winter 20008-9 season (pink was only available from VS). I wear them only inside as slippers and they are like walking on clouds. I got the FitFlop Mukluk from Amazon at a good price this fall and I plan to wear them only inside as well, alternating them with my pink ones. I love them and they're just as comfortable as other FitFlops only warmer and even cozier than my pink Billows. My wish now is for a pair of higher FitFlop boots to wear outside during the cold Michigan and Illinois winters. I'm a baby boomer and I'm just so grateful that there is such a variety of cute, cool and comfy shoes available to us as we age and get more aches and pains. When I was a kid, the only thing around was ugly "old lady" shoes. So far, I'm a die-hard FitFlop fan and I highly recommend these Mukluks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. I am so pleased with these boots! BUT there is an issue, January 30, 2010
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Mukluk Boot (Apparel)
***UPDATE OCT. 2010*** I wore these (and the Inuks) all winter long last year and LOVED them. I would throw on either pair as slippers when it was really cold, but also wore both to run errands. It is true about your feet stinking. I never had a foot odor problem until these. It's not a permanent thing, just be prepared that you might want to not take your boots off just before bed and place them right next to your bed (if wearing most of the day, most of the time). I put up with the stinky feet by a quick wash before bed, and kept the boots out of smelling distance. They are wonderfully comfortable without looking like some of the other "fit" products. As far as shaping you up, none really work. They do however help you use muscles that may not normally be used in other shoes. Some help with the gate, others with balance. While I do like MBTs, there is a "getting use too" process. You do not have that in these what so ever. You do not have to practice balancing in these, or walk a certain way. You just walk, stand, etc. the way you would in any other shoe. If you never used a "fit" shoe before, your calves may feel a bit tired or sore (barely) the first long day in these. I wouldn't worry, if it happens, it is so slight (no more than you feel after a long day at work).
I do have a big negative on these boots and the Inuks, and did see this last year in some review somewhere and thought that the reviewer just got a defective pair. When I pulled both pairs out this fall to wear (it got chilly), the insole (footbed) was crumbling apart. In some areas it is just gone. I am a bit upset because I love the comfort of the boot. I had bought a 2nd pair of in a different color last year and was going to return them, but waited too long. I did not even take them out of the box until last week. The footbed was not crumbling, but was already deteriorating. I think that for the price they should last for more than one season. There is a major problem with the footbed that they need to address. I am going to try buying something to line the foot bed because they are so comfortable, and the rest of the boot is fine (upper, sherpa lining, even the sole, & both were worn taking the dog for walks -rain & snow included). I don't want to buy another pair if I don't have to, but if they can't be saved I might. I have not found any other boots that are this comfortable (and I have tried a lot!)
As far as SIZING pay attention!! Half sizes with average or narrow width and average or low instep, size down. Only size up if you have wide width or very high instep. They were designed for an initial "firm fit". The shearling lining will compress after wearing a few times. My instep is a bit higher than normal and I went down 1/2 size with no problem.

JANUARY 2010 -I purchased these boot prior to the holidays (also picked up the Inuk [tall] boots by fitflop). I had also bought pair of Minnetonka sheepskin boots. I love comfort in my shoes. I have Lupus, and Fibro. My Lupus causes inflammation. I have had a lot of joint and muscle pain throughout my body for more than 25 years. I am always looking for something that will help alleviate even a fraction of the pain. You would not believe how a small thing, taking away a small fraction of the discomfort, makes a very big difference in how your day goes (I think it is a snowball effect).
I bought these in a size 6. I usually buy shoes in a 6 1/2 (or EUR 37). I did the same for the tall boots (Inuk). They both fit well. I prefer a sock on the thinner side (nothing thicker than a Hanes type of sock, usually a trouser sock) so if you wanted to wear a thicker sock with these, then you may want to go up a size. Since I am a half size it is hard for me to say how they would fit a whole size foot.
They have the real shearling lining except under your foot. It is a rubberized footbed with tiny bumps that are barely noticeable, but comfortable. I would have liked a shearling footbed, or even a sueded footbed better than the one that they have, but it still good enough. The out side styling is cute. So often these "pug" style shearling booties are clumpy looking. The outside toe is a rounded (very) point, or you could say a pointier box toe. No matter how you say it, they are not as boxy looking. I like that they are just a bit more feminine. I like wearing them with the shaft NOT folded over, so they don't look as much like a slipper, for day to day errands. But if wearing around the house I may fold them over.

I was thinking of returning these (both pairs of Fitflops) and keeping the Minnetonkas, except that four weeks ago I was having a terrible flair up and nothing I put on my feet (that I own & usually wear) was comfortable. My feet, knees, legs, hips, and back (amongst other things) were hurting so bad, and I had to go run errands. I took these back out of the box and tried them again (initially I felt they were good, but not great enough to justify the cost). When I put them on they were the only thing that my feet said "yes!" to (I tried 8 pairs of shoes/boots first). I don't know if it is the way that the insole shaped or what, plus add in the comfort and cosiness of the shearling. They just felt right. I ran my errands and even commented to a family member about these and how much less discomfort I was in because of them. They didn't cure me, nor make all the pain disappear, but when your feet are comfortable it helps more than one can imagine.
I decided to also keep the Inuks, and will look into the Gogh or Gogh II clogs for spring. I am not a flip flop fan, so I will not get the original Fitflops. I may also consider MBTs, because they have had similar results with people who suffer from body pain and discomfort.
As far as these shaping up what ever they are supposed to shape up, I can not claim that they tone and shape because I am not using them for that purpose, nor have I given them enough time to do what they claim to do. I hope that they do tone, because my calves are so small. I could use some muscle in the legs. I can not work out unless it is with a physical therapist with an order from my doctor, so maybe these may keep what I do have toned. And if some muscle is gained... I'll take that bonus!!
I do think that they are worth the price, and hope more styles come out. I would rather pay a bit more for shoes that are of quality, comfortable, cute, and make day to day activities a bit less painful.

3.0 out of 5 stars loved the boots till they tore, March 6, 2010
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Mukluk Boot (Apparel)
The Fit Flop Mukluk boots are my "go to" boots for the winter. They are soooo comfy to wear and the absolute best to walk the mall or anywhere else. I have had them since November 2009. It is only February and as I was putting them on the other day that the right one ripped! There is a split in the back of the boot where you can roll the cuff down and that is where it tore. I am really upset because I love the boots. I can still wear them, but they don't feel the same. I am trying to find a customer service contact for Fit Flop but it is still unclear who to contact.
I would recommend the Mukluk Boot, just be prepared to be disappointed when they tear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt better than Uggs!!, December 14, 2012
I have owned many warm fuzzy boots even uggs wich I currently own & never wear, due to their lack of comfort & support! These however are hands down the most comfortable , warm, supportive boots I have ever worn! I am even going to get a 2nd pair! i recentle went to Manhatten and needed to wear a good sturdy pair of warm shoes I was a little hesitant in wearing these as I had just gotten them & havent "broken" them in yet! I was so amazed, 12 hours later I was still comfortable!! The best $$ ever spent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for people with messed up feet, November 27, 2012
I have terrible foot issues - flat feet, heel spurs, ugh. A friend of mine is a podiatrist and told me that she could do a series of operations (all with painful and drawn out recovery periods) or I could just start wearing FitFlops. I tried a pair of sandals and was hooked. They may not be the most super-glamorous shoes but they allow me to walk all day in the city without discomfort. THis is pretty much the only brand of shoe/slipper I currently wear!

Regarding the sizing - I wear a 9 in the sandals but an 8 in the boots. The boots seem to run quite large.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love fitflops, June 27, 2011
Cheryl Cornelius (Cairns, Queensland, AU) - See all my reviews
I have had fitflops for a few years and love them. As I am adventuring into the cold soon I bought a pair of these. I got the size I usually wear but I found they are a smaller fit, so buy a size bigger. I can just fit into them without any socks or foot warmers! I have now bought another pair a size bigger. I look forward to seeing how they cope in the snow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfecto! but could improve faux-fur lining. True to size., December 28, 2009
Lexie Lo. (east coast, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FitFlop Women's Mukluk Boot (Apparel)
Outside Material: Outside is suede, sole is the same rubbery/plastic-y sole that are found on other fit-flops. There is a light layer of rubber on the bottom of the boot giving it just a tad of traction (but ironically the traction on this FitFlop Mukluk feels more 'secure' than the traction of the FitFlop snow/moon boot).

Inside Material: The inside is the only thing that I would like improved. The fuzzy material that coats the entire inside of the boot (not just the top portion that folds over. The entire boot all the way down to the toes is covered, which is good) is made of some synthetic faux-animal fibers. While they do their job by giving off great warmth, I found that for somewhere around 140 bucks, I would have liked real fur. But maybe that would make the shoe far more expensive??? Plus, even at the very ends (i.e. tops of the boot, where if you had them pulled all the way up you would see the first layer of the faux-fur) the faux-fur is already visibly falling out, sort of reminding me of the way that sweaters look once they pill. When I first opened the box I was disappointed because a few small clumps of the faux fur were already falling out, so I was just waiting to see how long these would last. I've now had them around a month-and-a-half and except for the tops, the faux-fur hasn't really continued to fall out.

Size: I find these run TRUE TO SIZE. I ordered a size bigger b/c I had read they ran small, plus I have the FitFlop VanGoghs and those fit me exact with no slack - so I was worried if wore these FitFlop Mukluks with socks they wouldn't fit (although they suggest it, who would wear no socks in weather that calls for these boots is beyond me). I ordered the size up, and they are much too big (even when my feet are swollen, which they often get). I wish FitFlop would change their ways and create half sizes already. The (little tiny) insert that came with the boot said that these are supposed to be worn without socks and should fit like a glove, although be warned that you should keep your toenails trimmed so you don't poke through the suede. (Which also seemed odd to me. Why would a delayed visit to the nail salon make a hole in your shoe? Is the quality of the boot that bad? I can't comment on the likelihood of poking a hole through as...I haven't done so).

Overall: These boots are great. The color is great - I got the Chestnut (light brown) and it looks really nice-- color is represented nicely in the photo. They are so cute. And comfortable. Even though they are big for me, I loved them so much that I didn't have the heart to go through the whole return/exchange process, and so far I haven't been let down.

3.0 out of 5 stars comfy, but make my feet smell, February 6, 2011
I am writing my first review because I feel so strongly about this. I love fitflop sandals and wear them all summer so wanted to try the boots for the winter. I got them in black and they truly are comfortable, BUT, my feet smell after wearing them. I know I can wear socks, but that defeats the point of wearing boots with fur. I have a pair or genuine shearling boots in tan and wear those without socks and my feet NEVER smell, so it must be the synthetic fur that's making my feet smell. So, as much as I love wearing my fitflop mukluks, I will have to buy a new pair of shearling boots in black to replace these.

FitFlop Women's Mukluk Boot