Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FitFlop Women's Hooper Sandal,Black,8 M US
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 13, 2011
I'm way picky about my shoes due to nerve damage in my feet from chemo treatments. Hard to find flip flops that stay on my feet. These fit the bill! The straps are wide and set far enough back on the footbed to keep the sandal on the foot. The footbed is firm yet comfortable. It doesn't feel too soft or too hard. The sole is thick but in my opinion adds to the comfort of the sandal. The buckle is a cute fashion extra. To those before me who reviewed this sandal and complained that its NOT adjustable - it is. The buckle is stationary however, there's Velcro under the strap where the buckle is located. Thats where the adjustability comes from NOT the buckle itself. The sandal is true to size. I wear a 9 and bought a 9. Fits well. For those with a wider foot, I can attest to the fact that these Fitflops are a good fit for a wider foot. The Walkstar line is tight on my foot. These are not even when not adjusted all that much with the Velcro. I love them and am contemplating purchasing another color!
44 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2011
I hesitated a bit with these FitFlops since they are on the expensive side, but I loved the looks of them and said, "What the heck -- I can always return them!" They came, I wore, and all was good with the world. Love them! I did follow someone else's advice and ordered a size down, particularly with concerns about the strap being too wide. I'm normally an 8 with a regular sized foot and instep (but can wear 7.5 or 8.5 depending on the shoe.) I ordered a 7 and it fits perfectly width-wise, and though my heel is at the edge in the back, it doesn't hang over at all. The fit feels great, the shoes were super comfortable from Day 1, and they are very, very cute!
on July 5, 2012
The Hooper sandals are wonderfully light, cushy-comfy, and unlike some FitFlop sandals, the thong piece itself is soft -- at least that's true of my new, nubuck Buff ones -- so no "breaking in" is required. Although FitFlops are never as stylish as Christian Louboutin sandals, they are a heckuva lot easier on your feet & the Hoovers have more flair than many FitFlop versions.

The Hoopers are perfect for those of us whose feet are medium or fairly wide & have high insteps/arches. If you're a FitFlop veteran, think you'll be happy ordering the FitFlop size you usually do (i.e., 1 size down, especially for those who ordinarily wear a 1/2 size): the footbed length & placement of the thong are what I consider to be standard for FitFlops.

Much as I'm loving this latest addition to my FitFlop collection, I can't recommend the Hoovers, however, if you have feet that are slender and/or have a low arch/instep. I doubt the top leather piece will be tight enough for you & only minor adjustments are possible via the very well-concealed, small Velcro strip.
on June 24, 2012
Let me start by saying I never liked flipflops - no support, uncomfortable and the thong always hurt. But then I stumbled on Fitflops, bought a pair and that's where it all started.

This is my 6th pair of Fitflops - well 7, counting the pair my Bichon got ahold of, little twerp!). I love them all, and for me, the size always runs true. Short of Bichons snacking on them, these shoes wear like iron. I have hip and knee joint pain, as well as back problems. When I don't wear my Fitflops, I hurt - so I pretty much wear them 24/7 except when I have to go out in the winter (and for that, I just ordered a pair of the Fitflop Gogh Clogs). These are stylish with the buckle, but the added benefit is the adjustable Velcro strap under the buckle - it allows you to adjust the whole top part going across your foot.

I tried the Sketcher ToneUps because they were less expensive. While the footbed felt similar, the positioning of the straps was really uncomfortable and cut into my foot, leaving rubs and bruises. As always, you DO get what you pay for.

I vote these the best Fitflops yet - stylish, well made, dressed up a bit with the buckle and adjustable - and with the trademark Fitflop comfort. I'm also a big fan of the Walkstar3 - I just really like the style and adjustable strap on these.

Thank you, Amazon, for carrying my favorite shoe....and at the best price with free shipping!
on December 23, 2013
I bought these sandals to replace my original pair that I wore to death. I bought my original pair at Zappo's two years ago and they were $89. I absolutely loved them. They were my 7th pair of FitFlops but for some reason I just really enjoyed my Hoopers. Good quality "REAL LEATHER". I wanted to buy another pair of those this year as I live in them during the summer months. I could not find them at any of the reputable stores like Nordstroms, Lord & Taylor or Macy's so I settled on a different model. Still really wanting a new pair of Fitflop Hoopers I resorted to the internet and found these on Amazon. What a disappointment!!!! They were complete knock off's with pleather uppers and hard stiff plastic bottoms. No wonder everyone is complaining about the fit of them on here, they are not getting the true product. Amazon should be monitoring there sellers and not allow this. I will never buy another item from Amazon due to this!
on March 7, 2013
I had read about fitflops and wanted to try them because I have knee and back pain but was hesitant because I have a very high instep. Reading that these were adjustable, I decided to give them a try and am glad I did. The soles are nice and springy, not too high, and my foot fits nicely even though I'm a size 11 and based on the other feedback, ordered a size 10. The strap was snug the first day but has since loosened up and now I wish I could wear them everywhere because they're so comfortable. After a full day of shopping my feet and legs were tired, but there was NO PAIN. And usually after a day like that I can barely go from the couch to the door. What a difference!
on August 21, 2011
Wearing these sandals all day makes me feel like I've had a foot massage! They are soft, yet supportive, and look stylish, as well.
on July 27, 2011
Cute sandals, very comfortable. These shoes run big. I didn't know just how big until I tried on a smaller size in a knock-off pair. I've had to use pads in the bottom to take up the extra space between my foot and the upper. Also, the thong, the piece that goes between your toes, it has come unsewn and I had to take it to a shoe Dr. today. I've asked him to shorten that piece on both shoes. The shoes are expensive to begin with and to add that repair cost just adds to it. I'm hoping this repair will help the shoes fit better and I hope they haven't looked too big to others. I did order a smaller size in the walkstar patentleather and they fit so much better. I just happened upon this brand on the internet and have never tried them on in a store so it's been more difficult to know what to go with. But...the Hooper's are cute.
on September 7, 2011
This is my second pair of fit flop, as I first purchased last December the boots and they were very comfortable that I decided to try my first sandals. I have been very satisfied with the fit and comfort of these sandals that I wear them just about every day. I can walk for miles without feeling fatigue in my knee's and or feet. The sandal is somewhat adjustable with a Velcro strap under a stationary buckle which is only for decoration. I wear depending on the shoe a size 7 1/2 to 8, but purchased these sandals in a size 7 as I was told to size down in these fit flop and they fit perfect. I do intend on purchasing another pair of fit flop in the future for I have found this brand of shoe are of great quality and value as well as comfort.
on July 12, 2012
These are my second pair of FitFlops. I really like these because they are leather. As a teacher I stand most of the day. My
feet need good shoes always. I can rarely wear heels. My go to shoes are FitFlops. At the end of the day my feet and legs feel good. I can then have a good night's rest.I hope they make more leather styles.