Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 8 B(M) US|Color: Black|Change
Price:$63.99 - $87.00

on July 4, 2010
I ordered these beautiful Fitflops for my Rick Steve's tour of Italy. The tour involved a lot of walking. I have really bad feet; i.e. fallen arches, Plantar Fasciitis, and Chronic Venous Insuffiencency, which causes pain and swelling in my feet, ankles and legs.
Pros:

1. These stay on without scrunching my toes! The design is such that the top comes up far enough for gravity to work on your side. I had NO trouble keeping them on.

2. Cushions every step. I immediately felt the difference from the moment I put them on. Very little to no impact upon my knees when walking great distances. My knees never - ever hurt with these shoes.

3. Beautiful - I have received several compliments on the style. They are quite fashionable and go well with dresses, skirts, slacks, jeans and shorts.

4. No plantar fasciitis pain - at all. This was so wonderful that I had to pinch myself. I have owned, Merrill, Born, and Clarks and these simple little things out-shined them all combined.

5.Unfortunately, my feet and ankles did swell excessively during the trip, but the sandals always fit! The design allowed for the top of my feet to swell without adding any pressure or making it hard to put them on. My ankles were the same way. Even with feet and ankles the size of footballs, they were STILL comfortable.

It is not as though I had no pain during the heavy walking days of the tour, but anyone would have no matter what they put on their feet. I am a photographer and I normally take an extra pair of shoes with my on event shoots because my feet start to kill me. I did a 3 hour shoot and never thought of my feet once! Fabulous!

Cons:
1. I have average width feet and these are slender and attractive in the toe area compared to the athletic styles. The downside is that they are just barely too narrow in the big toe area. After wearing them for two solid weeks, I developed small blisters and large calluses on the sides of my big toes.

2. These are not fit for all terrain use. In Florence the streets are old cobblestone and very uneven. The height of these and lack of ankle straps combined with the cobblestone equaled a fall when I hit uneven patches with both feet.

I've been wearing these exclusively! You would have to pry them out of my cold dead hands to get them away from me.
0Comment| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2010
I ordered these because I thought they were the cutest pair of FitFlops that I could find. I'm an extremely consistent size 7.5, so when I found out that these only came in whole number sizes, I was a bit hesitant. Usually, people recommend choosing the larger size, but I noticed that the page said that the manufacturer suggested the smaller of the two sizes, so I ordered a size 7. They just arrived today and they fit me absolutely perfectly. They are probably narrow; I can't really tell because my feet are not very wide.

They are also really cute, which is what I like most. As for toning abilities, I have no idea if that's working, but at least they are very comfy, especially for a flip-flop type sandal.
22 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2013
After reading all the great reviews, I had to try these FitFlops. Well, for me they are definitely a "flop". There must be company employees writing up all these great reviews. Look for the not so great or bad ones for the truth. I still have marks on the tops of my feet from the terrible sores these have given me.

The material is not attractive save for the "jewels" on the top. The rubber or plastic material looks cheap. The support is very good for the short time I wore them but comfort wise with the straps, terrible. I tried wearing them around the house for a day, then used them to take a short walk outside. Came back with painful blisters on the top of my feet where the straps meet. Horrible fit. I wish I could return them but they were worn one time. Will not purchase this brand again.
on May 19, 2013
You can read my original review from 2009. I'm now wearing this prettier version. There are other pretty versions also. These are not flip flops. These actually give you a lot of cushion so they are great if you have a bad back. I have 5 herniated discs and I can walk great in these. Walking is helpful for bad backs. Because of neuropathy in my feet, I can't wear sneakers. I use these to work out and to take long walks. Then, I wear them all day and night. I do have this bronze color and black. There are other pretty syles also. I highly recommend them. They do have a thong between the big toe. This has not been a problem for me at all. I LOVE THESE.
on October 10, 2013
This is the 4th pair of FitFlops that I have bought. I have very large feet (size 11 and 4E width) and have found FitFlops are the only comfortable shoes I can wear during Summer.

However, when I took these Fitflops out of the packaging I was shocked to see how small they were compared to my current ones. I would guess at least ONE full size in length and width. If you have narrow feet, then this probably won't bother you or you are in between sizes just order up and you will be OK. But I cannot order another size up because in this particular version, size 11 is the largest they make so I am sending them back :-(

FitFlops - please DO SOMETHING TO FIX YOUR QUALITY SIZING CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have included some photos.... the length is almost 7/8 inch shorter and 1/2 inch narrower than my FitFlop Electras that I purchased about 10 months ago - both have size US 11 written on inside of shoe.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 7, 2010
I just received my Pietra Fitflops and I love them! They are a tiny bit more narrow than the Walkstar, which is great for me because I have narrow feet. Same comfortable fit as the others and very pretty.
on August 9, 2013
My doctor recommended fit lops for the arch support, and 3 of the 4 pairs I have bought are really comfortable and allow me to stand all day. I was attracted to this pair because it was so much more attractive than my other fit flops. Unfortunately, the thong of this one is really hard and caused blistering between my first and second toes after a couple of hours... thank goodness I was at home and not at work! I am hoping to be able to wear them more once I get used to them, but don't plan on wearing these for a long time when you first get them!
on August 7, 2010
I really liked the look of the sandal but the fit was to narrow. I have two other pairs of the fitflop and they are not as narrow and very comfortable.
on September 18, 2013
the FitFlop did not fit as comfortable as the sketcher sandal that I had. the extra leather above the thong rubbed off on my second toe and left blisters. It also seemed a little heavier than the sketcher sandal and did cost more. I paid less for the sketcher.
on September 24, 2013
I wear a size 8 1/2 and ordered these in an 8 because I've heard they run a little large. At first I thought they were a bit small, but after breaking them in, they are just right. The newer styles seem a little narrower which is a problem for me. I don't ever buy 'wide' shoes because they feel loose on me, but my feet do spread so can be inclined to hang over a too narrow sandal with this type of strap design. Some people in the reviews have complained about the squared off strap at their toes being uncomfortable or irritating their toes, but I've not had that trouble. Everyone's feet are different so what's good for some may not be for others. I'm very pleased with these if for no other reason than that they eliminate my heel pain from plantar fasciitis. They are a blessing in my life. I'm addicted to Fitflops . . . I bought my first pair about two weeks ago and now I have 5! They are expensive but Amazon has good deals. You should put some on your wishlist and watch the price. I put a pair on one morning for $67 and that night they were $47 so I snagged them.