1,269 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great APP , I highly recommend it
nice app that allows tracking calories eaten as well as burned by exercise including housework and shopping. what could be easier? thanks. I'm proud to say I'm down 15 pounds just using the app in combination with garcinia cambogia
Published 2 months ago by Kimberly Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Great app but needs a few tweaks
Lose It! is one of the more popular free calorie counting apps out there. It's got a substantial list of generic and branded foods, including chain restaurant information. You can manually enter nutritional information on your own or use a bar code scanner. In addition to counting calories, you can opt to track protein, fat, carbs, sugar and sodium.

Lose It...
Published 10 months ago by chameli74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great APP , I highly recommend it, January 30, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential tool, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
I've used Loseit for about 14 months now and I've lost 156 pounds with loseit. The app is great and so is the website. If you are looking to lose weight then you NEED this app. Without Loseit I'm sure my journy would have been a lot harder if not impossibile for me. Loseit gave me the tools to be accountable for myself and make me realize just how bad I was eating. Being able to enter in custom foods and exercises is amazing. With a combination of their already huge data base and bar scanner, adding foods is sooooo easy! I will probably use Loseit for the rest of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
I love, love, love this app! I've been looking for an app that keeps daily and weekly totals and was flexible enough that it could be used with almost any type of diet. This is it! I'd given up and decided I'd write my own spreadsheet, but I'm using LoseIt! now. The only thing that could improve it would be to allow for the entry of measurements in the app itself. No point deduction for that though, I'm thrilled with it as it stands!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, July 13, 2012
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
This product is fabulous! I have lost 20 pounds using. I installed it on my Kindle and as promised, I do not have to be on line to use it. I love the fact that there are so many restaurants and brands already loaded in so I don't have to load everything individually. I also like the way I can make my own recipes and it figures out the calories, fat, etc... per serving. SUPER EASY AND if you are honest on your entries, it works! My husband also installed it on his iPhone and has lost 11 pounds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great App!, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
Great little app for keeping track of calories, weight, and exercise. It also provides account holders with daily and weekly reports that can be received via email. The companion website is an added bonus and has enough member support to provide a variety of requested product enhancements, so the things that are missing now, like a tracker for water consumption and body measurements may be available in the future since they are highly requested items. I am a former WW member and wanted an app to continue to track food consumption and exercise. Recipes can also be created with the app, but for some reason only ingredients can be listed. The food database is updated frequently and has thousands of food items and users can add items that are not listed. This actually works better and is more reliable than the app of a billion dollar corporation. The app works very well on my android phone and the Kindle Fire. I really like using it on the Fire!

Great little free app!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just downloaded on Kindle Fire HD..., December 13, 2012
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
You enter your current weight, height, birth date, target weight. The app asks you if you would like to lose 1/2lb, 1, or 2 lbs. per week. Seems to be limited since it is not recommended to go under 1500 calories or so per day.

The foods list is very good! And they do seem to do updates periodically. My breakfast was a Quaker Instant Oatmeal, and it was on the list, even with different flavors. My lunch was Ma Po Tofu at Cafe Zaiya on 45th & 3rd Ave, but they didn't have that, so I just selected the same dish from another restaurant, hoping the serving/calories is somewhat similar.

I didn't expect the camera bar code scan to work based on other reviews. Sure enough, I tried it and got an error message. But the rest of the app is pretty nice. I didn't want to put too much personal info, so I didn't register online or participate in any "motivation" forums.

After I entered my breakfast, lunch, and a snack for my first day, I only had 137 calories left for dinner in order to remain under my target goal. So it is a great tool to draw your attention to what you are eating. It would be nice if there was an option to reverse-search the foods list for something which is under 137 calories.
***UPDATE 8 JAN 2013 - I found you can manually adjust your calorie goals if you want to go below 1500 calories per day, and also it's based upon "ideal" intake for your height and age, so LoseIt's suggestions for me would be different for other people. I'm kind of addicted to inputting my meals now. I did sign up online because they have "Challenges," like Drink Only Water during January, etc (I've already blown that one!) Trick is to fill up your stomach with veggies/fruits so you don't feel hungry at all. Like I was going to have curry over rice, but I changed it to curry over chopped veggies instead. I have lost 5 lbs since starting LoseIt.
***UPDATE 29 May 2013 - Well, after going on a 2-week vacation and eating everything in sight, I got off track and stopped using LoseIt. If I miss a few days in a row it's VERY difficult to get back on track, even if I go backwards in the calendar and try to fill in as many meals as I can remember. Haven't opened LoseIt app in a couple of months, but I will try to start again today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever!, July 1, 2012
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
I downloaded the Lose It app to my kindle after watching a show on weight loss on the Dr. Oz Show. I've tried so many diets before this, including Weight Watchers, but none seemed to work. This plan is a Godsend. The Lose It plan allows you to eat what I have what's in your refrigerater & still lose weight. Not only that, but I'm losing slowly which is better because you stay healthy. I'd recommend Lose It to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best calorie-tracking app, period!, June 23, 2013
Lulu (New England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
I have downloaded and tested most of the calorie-tracking apps out there, and this, my friends, is the cream of the crop! Lose It! has the cleanest and most user-friendly interface of all calorie-counting apps I have ever tried. It is very easy to use and I love that it uses icons for the foods you log. (I'm a sucker for cuteness.) Besides simple calorie tracking, you can track exercise (impressive database included!), calculate calories for all of your favorite recipes, and network with others for motivation and support. It is true that the food database is not as extensive as that of MFP, however, it is MUCH cleaner and less cluttered. On the rare occasion that you can't find a food in the database, the barcode scanner can make quick work of entering a food's nutritional information. If all else fails, you can manually add the information from a label or a quick online search. Once you've entered a food, it's there for good. Highly recommend this app.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great app but needs a few tweaks, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Lose It! (App)

Lose It! also allows you to account for calories burned. You have the option of searching their exercise database (or creating your own activities) so you can "eat back" your calories. Or you can do what I prefer, which is to modify the calorie allowance set by the app to what my dietician recommends (based on my activity level).

What I don't like about this app is that it's fairly rigid in its meal tracking. You're given the option of recording breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks (just for catagories, so if you're a 3 meals + 3 snacks person, all of your snacks are lumped together). I'd rather see (or be given the option of) something like Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3, etc. Bonus if a time can be added.

I'd also like a way to track water consumption but that's no biggie. What I would like to see would the ability to add a note to each day to record... Well, whatever. What kind of mood I was in, am I on vacation, special occasion, etc. Not a big deal but it might be a nice option, especially for those who are dealing with the emotional component of overeating/undereating. Or even list items like medication or supplements.

Overall, it's a great app and hey, it's FREE! If you don't like it, big deal. Try another. But if you do, it can be a great asset towards healthier eating. It's a nice, one-stop app for your tracking needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is incredible..., December 13, 2011
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
Lose It! is an outstanding calorie, excersize, and goal tracker. You pick a target weight and a reasonable rate of loss then the program sets a daily caloric target, which adjusts upward for excersize entries.

But unlike other 'weight loss' programs, YOU get to set the goal and YOU get to do the tracking, so there is absolutely no external shame or guilt. This facilitates direct access to the core driver of all addiction, internally generated shame which remains hidden and inaccesible at the slightest hint of externally imposed shame or guilt.

Long term focus of the app exposes short term caloric overages as the trivialities that they really are, thus reducing the likelihood of giving up.

App does not require registration. Permissions very reasonable.

Just a tip, you can use the editable My Foods list to identify and delete from future consumption, foods that personally generate binge responses.

Update: 11 months tracking. (Dec 2011-Oct 2012) Lost fifteen pounds in 5 1/2 months then binge ate it back in last two weeks of May. Went flat June/July then forced it down ten 'til now, end Oct. Atleast I'm not continually gaining. The app, independant of results, is nevertheless very educational.

ARRAY(0xa059c558)