2,499 Reviews

971 of 1,002 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality scale... with some initial shortcomings
Published on June 6, 2012 by Scott

Hi all,
### 21 Sept 2014 - Follow up after I had back surgery plus a note from a body builder. This additional input is marked with three pound signs (###) Al else remands the same.

Published on July 25, 2012 by I am No Expert

971 of 1,002 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality scale... with some initial shortcomings, June 6, 2012
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black (Sports)
Like many buyers of this scale, I've recently taken the fitbit plunge and wanted to include this scale to easily track weight and body fat fluctuations. Visually, the scale is very impressive. I got the black version and it is thin, sleek, and substantial (footprint, heft). The glass is perfectly smooth, edge beveled, and the weigh-in process (step on to step off) is done in less than 5 seconds. Aesthetically as well as fit, feel, and finish, this is a 5-star product.

Functionally, there are a few problems. First, connecting the scale can be a challenge. The process includes broadcasting the ID of the scale, connecting to this "wifi network" on the phone, and then switching the network of the phone back to your personal wifi network. It took me several tries but eventually it worked and has worked flawlessly since. Unfortunately I've forgotten the exact problem I experienced but I do recall having to switch networks while my phone displayed a webpage that was reading "connecting". Anyway - see this page: [...] if you run into trouble. In contrast to this setup process, all other scale settings (users and their profiles) are very easy to setup once the scale is working correctly with the network. Additionally, I haven't had any issues with connectivity once the scale was setup correctly the first time.

Secondly, the scale must be used on a hard surface. In our bathroom, a rug sometimes slips slightly under the edge of scale and can really throw off the reading. If this happens, my reading can be confused with my wife's and the scale can start to get confused. Fortunately, all the readings are stored online and the erroneous readings can be easily removed on the website. If the scale is free from the rug, it never confuses my wife and my readings.

Finally, the body-fat reading is precise but probably not accurate. By default, the scale is set to regular for a user and read my body fat read ~12.5%. After I switched to "slim" body type, the reading dropped to ~6%. Using a handheld body fat tester I'm around 8-9% . The good thing is that this reading, like the weight, is very repeatable. Also, it's clearly independent from the weight measurement. For example if you drink a bunch of water and wait 10 mins, your weight will be up but you body fat reading may fall. Of course, what's happening is that the scale is simply measuring an electrical signal and then converting this to a % body fat. Ideally, the Fitbit site would let you input your exact body fat number (taken with a vibrational or displacement measurement) at a point in time and this number could be used to calibrate the electrical to % body fat conversion. To my knowledge, no consumer scale allows this calibration to be done today. To me it's not a huge issue as the body fat is consistent and a useful metric as I increase my lifting and muscle mass.

This leads to perhaps the greatest strength of this device; statistics. Many folks roll their eyes when you tell them that your scale uploads your weight to the cloud. However, body weight fluctuates throughout the day and week. With this scale, I've found myself weighing myself several times per day and looking at my data over a week or month, clear trend lines can be seen despite the daily fluctuations. Ultimately, this is the reason that I bought the scale and makes me very happy.

I held off on rating this scale until I had used it for several weeks. Initially, (after the setup headaches) I would have leaned towards 3 stars. During the first 1-2 weeks, my frustrations with body fat settings and trouble with the rug in our bathroom, I would have probably gone with 4 stars. However, understanding these issues and more importantly, seeing the benefits of frequent weight measurements, I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I strongly recommend that anybody happy with their Fitbit and serious about achieving their weight loss goals, take a good look at this high quality product.

UPDATE: I still have the scale and it's working great. I get about 6 months or so between battery changes and it was pretty painless moving to a new place with a different network setup (even though I had completely forgotten the setup process). Overall, the Aria Scale is proving to be very easy to stick with. I can't think of what else could obsolete this device anytime soon so I anticipate many more years of use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comparison is average, but Don't Use the PC Software until they fix it!!!, July 25, 2012
Hi all,

*** 03 Jan 2014 -Follow up after more than a year of use and based on some input from others are marked with the three asterisks (***) all else were in the original evaluation. ***

This Review has 3 parts: 1) Scale performance versus other brands for Body fat Analysis 2) Connecting to the network and 3) Overall performance.

BODY FAT ANALYSIS:
Some of the reviews say how the scale is inaccurate and don't say the name of the scale that is better. Here goes for you that are interested in the truth about this scale.

Competitors
Weight Watchers Scale with Body Fat Analysis
Tanita Scale with Body Fat Analysis

Process:
I weighed myself at the same time everyday for a week.
I weighed myself 3 times on each scale each day (WW, Tanita and Fitbit Aria)
I mixed the order of weigh ins
I averaged the 3 times over the week

Outcome
WW BF =18.275%
Tanita BF = 18.125
Fitbit Aria BF = 18.275
This appears to me that they are about the same. However, I did try and mess up the scales like leaning forward or to the right or left. All three failed if I was not balanced, but the fitbit was more sensitive to balance than the others.

*** IF YOU ARE IN TRAINING: Last year I decided to train and lose the weight through preparation for a race that I did not run, but trained with people that did. I started to lose weight and body fat based on the body fat caliper testing. However, ALL electronic scales showed an INCREASE then slight decline in body fat as I increased my exercise to 5 days a week. When I switched to the Athlete settings they all dropped like a rock the day the setting was changed. However, ALL were way off and varied a lot of the day. Here is an new review at a stable weight of 173-175lbs for 2 weeks weighed 3 times every day.
High Low Average
WW BF 15.5 11.1 13.6
Tanita BF = 15.1 13.0 13.8
Fitbit Aria BF = 19.1 11.5 13.5 ***

*** Fitbit scale seems very sensitive to water weight distribution. Example: drink 32oz of water, immediately shows much lower body fat. Wait 1 hour and it shows much higher fat level. Wait another hour and it shows somewhere in between the two.***

### BODY BUILDERS: If your weight proportion between the Upper and Lower halves is different than an athlete(and it may be) then your Body Fat index will be off. If the Top is larger, you will higher Fat readings than you are. If your Lower half is larger, then your fit reading will be lower than you are.#####

***Women and especially women in training and you will be all over the map during a day and between days. My wife who can't stop to average anything decided to take the lowest of the scales as her measurement of any of the scales. I actually can't blame her and it seems to work out for her. However, you have to keep the record yourself. I did find that doing the weigh ins in the morning after a pee and before any food or drink or shower works best as giving the most consistent results.***

### If you have any metal in your body: Piercings, Surgery (Like Mine), etc. Your reading WILL BE WRONG... However, the good news is that it is relative, so if you start to reduce your fat level the reading will show a decrease. It is just that the actual Fat Level is through conduction/impedance and Metal alters this. How much of a change, I cannot say, because it depends on how much metal and where.###

*** Fitbit.com and the Fitbit scale do not show the same level of fat for the same reading. Makes you wonder why they have the update capability if they can't sync the formulas between the Scale and Fitbit.com. ***

CONNECTING TO YOU NETWORK: iPhone or Android phone = YES, PC =NO
I tried the PC Software setup: IT FAILED Errors all over the place from what I can see. This software should be removed from their site if I were them.
HOWEVER, I did both the Android and the iPhone setup with no problems.

Overall
After the setup, I love the easiest use of this product (I am not sure it is worth the extra money to everyone, but it is to me). I have 2 people using the scale and the uploads worked great. The one missing feature is being able to download to a spreadsheet or other applications for my records.

*** There is a third party website to download to your spreadsheets: TRENDWEIGHT, which is a free on-line website that will automatically import and display your FITBIT data once it's linked to FITBIT. TRENDWEIGHT gives by far the best charts of weight, fat %, total BF, etc., anyway. But it's a great bonus to find out you can also export your history to a CSV file from TRENDWEIGHT. It's not documented, but the TRENDWEIGHT author told me how to do it when I contacted TRENDWEIGHT support. You just log into your TRENDWEIGHT account and then enter the URL: [...] The CSV file downloads automatically. (This is your FITBIT data. You don't load any weights into TRENDWEIGHT directly. It'll do it for data from a WITHINGS scale, too.)

I WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN, but not try to set up through a PC. I am STILL Looking for a BETTER product than what is out in the market know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Integrates nicely with the Fitbit.com website and lifestyle!, April 30, 2012
dhinmn (Savage, MN USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the Fitbit Aria scale since I had already been using a Fitbit Ultra and have been tracking steps, distance, calories burned, flights of stairs climbed, active score, and sleep stats with my Fitbit Ultra already. This Aria scale integrates in nicely on the Fitbit.com site, and the weight and Body Fat% stats show up in the dashboard right below the steps and other stats. You can then drill down further to get the individual measurements over time and see some charts over time too.

One thing to note: setup was very easy, but you do need to use a WIFI connection to do the setup (i.e. if you try to do the setup over a Ethernet wired computer that does not also support WIFI, the setup won't work). I brought a laptop that was running over WIFI into my bathroom to do the setup and that worked great. I already had an account on Fitbit.com so that made setup even easier. Setup only took a minute or two - you just need to know your password for your network since you will enter it during the setup procedure. My network uses mixed mode 802.11 b/g/n and WPA2 encryption, and the scale connected no problem.

The thing I really like about the scale is that you can earn weight badges for every 5 pounds lost, so that is motivating to see on the Fitbit site and in your email inbox. These show up under your accomplishments section on the site, in the same place that your steps and flights badges are if you have a Fitbit step tracker too.

As far as accuracy is concerned - I do see a very slight fluctuation in the weight and BF% numbers when I take repeated measurements. I have found that when I stand in a certain way, I can get consistent readings though. Otherwise the weight may fluctuate by .2 pounds or so, and the BF% by .2% or so. The important part is tracking the rate of change, and that works great on the website.

I added my family members and that was easy to do (and you can have a total of 8 people registered to the scale), you just need to send them an invite and then they log in to their Fitbit accounts and accept and then they can use the scale too (they need Fitbit.com accounts too see their results online). You can set privacy so that others can't see your weight and BF% results, and you can specify privacy by groups (i.e. friends Vs public). You also assign a 3-character name to each person (MOM, DAD, initials, etc) and then the scale will send the data to the right account for each measurement.

The scale also has a guest mode, so if somebody that is not registered to the scale weighs themselves on it, the data will post to your account under GUEST. That is a little stealthy I think.... the people won't know their weight was just recorded. And note that you can delete measurements from the website too, for those guests if you want or even your own if you maybe take a measurement at night right after eating and it is several pounds higher than your morning measurement. I typically only keep my morning measurements and delete any I take later in the day.

As for value - I do think it is a little overpriced. At maybe $99 or $79 it would be a great deal I think, but if this allows me (along with the Fitbit Ultra) to finally achieve my weight loss goals then I guess I'd have to say that the price was worth it!

There is not much for a printed 'owners manual' included so that my offset some people, but you really don't need one since the first step is to go to the [...] site and you will get all the info you need there.

All in all, I am really pleased with this scale. It sure is keeping me honest with my weight loss goals since I have my account opened to my family members to see so it offers built in accountability. Thanks for reading.

(Note that I do not own the Withings scale so I can not make any comparisons of this scale against that one)

Update: since people were asking - I bought the scale at a local store since they became available in stores prior to Amazon having them available online. Amazon started selling them on 4/30/12, but I bought mine locally on 4/24/12 and have been using it since. I am an avid Amazon shopper but in this case I didn't want to wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant. Simple. It Works., June 14, 2012
S. Steven Maese (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black (Sports)
I hesitated buying this scale because of the reviews discussing how hard this scale is to setup. But I figured I'm smarter than the average bear so I'll figure it out. To my surprise and pleasure, setup was simple. I didn't use my phone like many have suggested; I downloaded the software from the fitbit website to my Mac. The installation asked me to log into my fitbit account, which I did. A few clicks later, the scale had found and joined my WPA2 home network.

I was skeptical. I had expected a nightmare. I was wrong. I got on the scale, it weighed me and calculated my body fat percentage and then showed that it had uploaded them to the fitbit website. How could that be? I didn't have any problems. I went to my Mac, logged onto the fitbit website and there it was: my weight and body fat percentage just as the scale had shown.

I could have had a lobotomy and this setup would have worked, plus I'd be a few ounces lighter.

This scale is awesome. And yes, I mean it inspires awe. I love that this tracks my weight and logs it into a system that I can see from anywhere with an Internet connection. This is not just a scale; It is a tool for achieving your goals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Scale!!, May 1, 2012
R. Hernandez (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
*Packaging & Contents
-The scale comes in a small box within the retail box. The scale comes ready to be put on the floor, just take a plastic tab from the battery compartment. Inside there is a flier that gives you the website to do the setup.

*Setup
-EASY!! I see many reviews complaining about the setup. Not my case. This are the steps I took.

-Took scale out of the box and placed it in the floor without turning it on.
-Downloaded the setup software from the fitbit website to my macbook and run it.
-Logged into my previously created fitbit account.
-I turned on the scale by quickly stepping on it and steeping off.
-Then the software on the computer asks you if you want to use the wifi network you computer is using, and that's it. It will automatically find the scale and use your previously stored password to set it up. (if you have other wi-fi networks close to you, remember to put the scale as close to your router as possible. Your router has to be b/g compatible.)

*Scale
-I ordered the black glass scale and it looks good. When you step up, it weights you and recognizes the user to give you a fat %. Online you can look at your BMI and fat vs. lean mass.
Guests users will only see their weight because there is no height to calculate a fat%.
I think it is very accurate when it comes to fat% by "bio-electrical impedance analysis" versus my skin fold calculations.

*Important note:
It's important that you weight yourself at the same time everyday. I would recommend as soon as you wake up as a good daily reference. The Bio-electrical analysis depends on the electrical conductivity of your body (fat is not a good conductor). So remember that if you are dehydrated your conductivity is less (increasing your fat%), or if you have to much water in your system it will increase your conductivity (decreasing your fat%).
This is not a medical equipment, don't expect an exact result.

5.0 out of 5 stars As "accurate" as Tanita, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black (Sports)
I have been poked, prodded, floated, stuck, taped, zapped, and measured by every device out there by doctors, nutritionists, health clubs, friends and myself. The only way to get your most precise body fat reading is to have dual energy X-ray absorptiometry done. Since that's out of reach for 99.999% of people, the next best thing is Skin Fold thickness measurement with calipers. You can have these done at any **real** nutritional specialist physician. You can even spend $200-300 and by a pair of accurate calipers yourself.

Finally we get to BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis). This method sends an electrical signal through your body and measures the wave interference caused by your body's natural electrical resistance. The idea is based on the fact that muscle contains water and is electrically less resistant than fat. The major problem with this method is that the calculation is based on a prediction of another prediction. How dehydrated you are can throw your readings off by 2 or 3 percent. If you've just eaten a meal, your readings will be lower, and if you have a large meal in your intestines (like 8 hours after), your readings will be significantly higher. If you've fasted for more than 12 hours before your reading, and you aren't dehydrated, you will have your most consistent reading. However it may still be off by 2% or so.

Keep all these things in mind when purchasing a BIA scanner or scale.

Now, as for the Fitbit Aria, I have to say this is the best BIA scale I've seen. It's as accurate as Tanita (which, remember, is not very accurate as far as all methods go), and is far less expensive. It's more accurate than a $10 pair of calipers, and its DEFINITELY more accurate than a $30 BIA scale from Walmart. This scale is super easy to set up if you do it from your computer and **NOT YOUR PHONE**. Doing it from your phone is a bit more complicated, especially for those who are less familiar with technology.

Just remember the most consistent reading you'll get with BIA is first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom and drinking an 8 ounce glass of water, before breakfast. You'll want to fast for 12 hours before your measurement, so don't weigh every day. Track your progress, not your actual body fat %. Even if you follow those steps, your number will likely be inaccurate and underestimated. For instance, when I measure without fasting, my reading is 24%. If I measure with fasting, my reading is 17%. My actual number is 20.5%. I'm also a very muscular guy, so my margin of error is a lot higher. If you want your real numbers, get a pair of Lange Skinfold Calipers and have another person learn to use them and measure you. The important thing is to track your progress, not to pay attention to the actual number on the scale.

3.0 out of 5 stars It took 2 scales to determine that it is INCOMPATIBLE WITH 802.11N, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black (Sports)
Just a note, I'm on my 2nd scale, I still can't connect to my wifi and it turns out that after much discussion with Fitbit (who to their credit was responsive at least), I'm running an 802.11n-only network and the Aria is ONLY compatible with the outdated 802.11b wifi protocol.

This brand new and expensive device now shares a limitation with the only other device in my household that cannot talk past 802.11b, my 7 year old PS3.

For the record, the 802.11n wifi standard was ratified over 4 years ago (when it was already in widespread use) which is an eternity in the computer world, and it seems ridiculous to me that an expensive and high-end product such as the Aria would cut corners by using a subpar wireless networking chip (especially considering that is its *main feature*!) That is like coming out with a brand new electric car and sticking a 5 kilowatt motor in it! It'll still get you where you want to go, but nowhere near as cool as you thought...

I can get around it by purchasing a dual-band router (since everyone is realizing that running a plain old router in "compatibility mode" is weaksauce at best) but I really think this should have been advertised better as a limitation. I did not see this requirement anywhere at all.

The problem with 802.11b is that my household blocks B signals to certain parts of the house but will not block N signals. In addition, N is a faster protocol.

Get with it, FitBit!

I will update this review with actual usage whenever I actually get it to connect to my network (which nothing else has had trouble connecting to, incidentally... for the PS3 I ended up going with a powerline ethernet solution)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Experience, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black (Sports)
This is my first Amazon review, and I'm writing it because I feel like a was taken advantage of. I've been a loyal Fitbit user for over a year, and I love their trackers. I had my eye on this scale, holding back from buying the Withings scale until this one came out. Since I love the trackers so much, I was sure the scale would deliver. Boy, was I wrong. Here are my complaints:

1. Fitbit has almost zero customer service. You can't call them, you can only open a ticket on their website and you'll have to wait 2 days for a response. Meanwhile...

2. The setup card you get in the package has contradictory information to the startup website. The way the whole setup experience was put together, one could only describe as careless. It's amazing a company with a reputation and following such as Fitbit would allow something with such obviously flawed setup instructions ship in the first place.

3. The tech in this scale is behind the curve. It only used 802.11/b wireless so make sure you make a router that will automatically switch. No bluetooth either. Withings, I discovered after some research, has a much more updated experience.

4. If you have a wifi extender in your house it will pick up 2 networks, instead of understanding that it's the same network.

5. My scale DIDN'T work. After 2 days I got a form letter from the Fitbit rep to just "send it back to Amazon." Gee, thanks, because I needed a Fitbit rep to tell me that Amazon has a return policy.

I'll continue to use the tracker, but my dream of an all-in-one health tracking service in Fitbit are going to have to wait until some company (whether it's Fitbit or Withings or Jawbone) steps up with quality products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple Set up - Great Device Addition to FitBit (Fat Percentage Feature is Questionable), May 3, 2012
*Edited to clarify my use of BMI & fat percentage as interchangeable concepts*

Fitbit has the exact approach that I am looking for in fitness devices: worry free. I embraced the fitbit pedometer philosophy of set up and then update a journal wirelessly. It works for me.

So when the FitBit Aria was introduced and I got past the sticker shock, I realized it was a necessary addition for me given my lifestyle and infinite fitness procrastination. Rather than manually entering weight numbers (what a chore!) this gadget inputs it for me.

Yes, it makes a difference. It also helps that it is very sleek looking and sexy (for a scale). And it seems to work from a quite a distance (dependent on your wifi network strength) and does not require any other antennas.

Why four stars? Because it galls me to admit that the simple action of input weight numbers manually is often too much for me. But for that e-link, there are lower cost options like "Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale" ($36.95) or the fancier "Ozeri Touch 440 lb Digital Bath Scale" ($48.95); both are well reviewed. That is over a $70 premium for an e-link.

Setup is very easy, I don't understand what problems other reviewers are having. The issue may be that getting to the actual download site is not as intuitive as it should be. You can use any of these options listed at this link (I hope this link gets thru the Amazon link police. If not, simply google "Aria Scale Set-up Questions" and select the fitbit link).

help.fitbit.
com
[...]

I think that the link above is far more useful than the "manual". I used the PC zip file and there was no issue.

There are a couple of things that are not intuitive but still easy:

1. If you have multiple users you have to set up on one account and then send emails to invite the others. Up to eight fitbit users can hook up to it. The steps are as follows:

(i) Administrator is the first person set up
(ii) Administrator has to send an email invite from the dashboard
(iii) The new person has to accept email invite
(iv) The new person has to go on the scale and take a measurement - it will log as "guest" on the web log
(v) then the administrator has to go into the measurements on their FitBit account and assign that new "guest" weight measurement to the new person (there is a pull-down menu option). Maybe the person can self-assign at the scale but if that option was available we missed it and had to go back to the admin's account.
(vi) After that, all future weight measurements go just to that person.
(vii) Note that the person's privacy settings do apply but only after the administrator has assigned that measurement to that person.

2. The scale figures out who is on the scale and confirms by displaying the initials after it gives you the weight and body fat in percent.

3. If the scale can't figure out who you are then it asks you to choose from options. so far it easily identifies everyone so I have not seen this actually in use.

4. if you are not one of the registered people then it will assume you are a guest and simply mark you as such.

5. you can't see the other's weights unless they share it (guests do not have that option).

6. it seems to have a great wi-fi range so I have not had issues with that.

7. it is not intuitive how you get to the scale from the dashboard. under devices (right hand side under "app gallery - learn more" icon), there is a "Devices" panel. In rather light letters you will see that "Scale" has been added to the right of "Tracker" (if you have a FitBit pedometer). That is how the administrator (the first person to set up) can get to the scale settings.

8. Fat Percentage is a little gimmicky in my opinion. Consumer Reports will not even rate Fat Percentage scales because the technology is inherently inaccurate (google "why CR doesn't test body fat scales"). Even the best bathroom scales have a 5% error margin or more in body fat readings. I don't know the Aria's accuracy but after using it for nearly two weeks I would say that I have seen a 5% fluctuation that I cannot entirely explain. Now that I am following the tips below, it seems to be giving a steady and more consistent reading. Consistent does not mean accurate. If someone has more data on Aria fat percentage accuracy then please do add your comments.

TIPS FOR BEST FAT PERCENTAGE READINGS

a. Best to use fat percentage to measure progress as the readings are not entirely accurate. Reviews on other scales have linked fat percentage accuracy to price, so maybe Aria is more accurate than most.

b. Measure yourself at the same time of day and under the same conditions. Some advise to drink the same amount of water one hour before each measurement and most advise to not do it when dehydrated (like after exercising). I just do it first thing in the morning.

c. If you are so inclined, try the gold standard "DEXA Scanning" or "hydrodensitometry" (water immersion). I am not that fanatical. Honestly, for me, even 5% accuracy is just fine. Those other tests go for $40 - $75 and can be done at health clubs and doctors' offices.

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs major work - network issues, May 23, 2012
I'm a networking expert.
I have a fitbit and I love it, deeply.
I'm impressed by the hardware, software, API, website...
BUT, the ARIA SCALE is worse than a black sheep, it's a travesty.
The company should go back to the drawing board.
It's like the same car company building a BMW 3 series and a Pinto.

I've spent 3 hours trying to get the scale to connect to the network.
I read other reviews here before buying, and all the low scores mentioned networking and wifi problems. I thought - I know it's hard for some, but I can get anything to connect. So I purchased, assured in my wifi abilities.
No dice. I tried downgrading my wifi to G only (the scale will not work with N). I opened the security, tried using WEP, WAP, WAP2...all variations. Nothing worked.
Even when you have an open network - the system still asks for a wifi password.
I tried their smartphone set-up option, where you directly connect to the scale on it's network and tell it your wifi settings - no go.

The end of the wizard, when all else fails, and you give up, says - Do you need help? click here:
[...]
That takes you to a dead page - so fitting.

I'm sending it back, and getting a well reviewed scale that does body fat %. I can read my weight and walk over to my PC and enter it, it adds steps to my daily fitbit steps!
And according to other reviews, other scales are more accurate anyway.

Admittedly, I'm disappointed, I wanted it to work, and the fitbit itself is amazing. The scale, is beyond crap.

Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale, Black