4.0 out of 5 stars The title is misleading, but this is a good magazine
Published on January 28, 2002 by Elisa

2.0 out of 5 stars Paying $1.97 an issue is about right!
Published on July 13, 2005 by Fitness Buff

4.0 out of 5 stars The title is misleading, but this is a good magazine, January 28, 2002
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
I bought my very first copy of fitness, intrigued by the contraddicting viewpoints. Personally, I like it. It's rare for me to find a magazine that has it all, most women magazines are either too shallow (only fashion and makeup) or too "homey" (cooking, house decorating, Martha Stewart style). I am 25, so I like fashion news and makeup suggestions, but because I am also married and have a child, I am interested in recipes and health. Additionally, I like to keep in shape so I like to keep informed on the latest great fitness videos and workouts. And to keep in shape, you always need some motivation, and the success stories featured in the mag are of great help. This magazine has it all. And that's why "Fitness" is probably not the peftect title, but more like "Women's Best" or something, unless there is already a magazine with this title!
But afterall, who cares? The title doesn't really matter, what matters is the content, and this magazine's content is good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Paying $1.97 an issue is about right!, July 13, 2005
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
I read Fitness for the first time about a year and a half ago... and I liked it. So I subscribed to it for two years. Well, a year into it, I've decided it's just not for me. See, if you're like me, wanting to gain something out of reading a fitness magazine involves knowledge of how the muscles work, when to work them, what nutrients are best for them, and basic health, because let's face it ladies, even if you DON'T have a degree in biology, you know losing weight and staying healthy involves a lot more than a fashionable pair of hot pants or just a few crunches. You have to understand your body - each person requires different exercises and different diets (by which I mean different types of foods, not an actual act of dieting) in order to look their best. So, if you want to gain the education you REALLY need to lose weight or stay healthy, Fitness isn't what you need. They've got great ads for great fashions and great UNREALISTIC looking exercise models (who personally don't have "perfect abs" or "sexy arms" - they look like size 4 girls that haven't lifted a weight since high school gym class). A magazine like Fitness Rx is LOADED with information and women who look like they really work for what they look like - something we all have to do in order keep our figures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring & Motivational, November 12, 2002
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
I love FITNESS. While I am not one of the perfectly proportioned size 6 models they almost always use, I AM a more fit and healthy person because of the motivation I have gotten from this magazine.I have gone from a size 14 to a 10 with the help of exercise and nutritional tips I've gotten from this magazine.I love to read the inspiring success stories of others who have reached their fitness goals.
I finally realized that if I put in the effort I too could be strong and healthy even if I am not tiny like a super model.
FITNESS has exercise routines that you can do at home that don't require lots of expensive equipment or a gym membership.I like the make up and fitness clothing articles too.
Overall FITNESS is a magazine for those that need motivation and information on how to get and stay healthy and have fun while getting there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time, January 10, 2006
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
I subscribed to this magazine for a year and found it a waste of money. Every issue has a girl in a bikini on the front (can't a woman look sexy in anything but?) And every issue claims to have "the best ever exercise for...." ok..what about the last 10 issues that claimed to have the same thing..those exercises are no longer "best ever?" I didn't like the fashion sections, and I also don't like how there really aren't any articles. When I subscribe to a magazine I'd like to be able to read it, not just look at pictures. The only thing I liked about it were the success stories..and even those seemed repetitive...are we only allowed fruit and grilled chicken??

4.0 out of 5 stars Too much pressure, October 14, 2002
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
The magazine is full of useful tips for fitness and beauty. It has great recipes and exercise techniques, and even has some information on the latest health news. The part I don't like about it is that the models are those women who have probably been thin their whole life and many of the cover models don't really look all that fit, just thin. I sometimes feel like too much pressure is set on me (and perhaps other readers as well.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready to Get In Shape!, November 19, 2002
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
If you want to get in shape then Fitness can help.I am an avid outdoor enthusiast and love all the ideas and tips I get for excercise from this magazine.
It offers nutritional information,diet plans,workout gear and beauty advice plus always has a new excercise routine and tips on staying fit.The success stories are great too.I could send in my photo to be in one of the success stories since I lost over 40 pounds a year ago but I am too shy.(lol)
All I know is that this magazine reminds me how good it feels to be at my best and I have learned some really great information from it.
I don't think you will be dissapointed if you really are serious about losing weight.Just remember that nobody can do it for you and that a magazine can only give you the information but you have to do the work yourself!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much fluff, November 26, 2001
Picky Reader/Writer (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
There are many excellent fitness tips and routines in "Fitness." Unfortunately, the magazine is also jam-packed with fluff pieces about make-up, purfume, and fashion. While the magazine tries to relay the message that fitness is about health, not how you look, they put a large emphasis on beauty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistent, January 7, 2002
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
FITNESS helps give good, solid workout and diet ideas that are realistic to my busy life. But unlike the rest of the health and diet mags out there, FITNESS does not motivate you through there articles and then bombard you with a ton of ads for Chocolate Cherry Pies and "recipes that can clog your arteries in 5 minutes". Instead, FITNESS really stays true to the reader. They provide instruction and motivation along side of advertisements that support a healthy lifestyle!

4.0 out of 5 stars For Those Who Are Health Conscience Or Who Want To Be!!!, June 25, 2002
carl womack (north carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
Folks, honestly I don't have a subscription to the magazine, but, I have read a number of copies, and it's clear that this magazine is made for those who are either in shape, or who want to be. I have a neighbor who gets these every month, and folks, they have helped her take off POUNDS!!! Lots of great health conscience recipes, tips on beauty(if you think about it, beauty is a part of being fit since most people who work out also want to be more attractive), and great exercise routines can be found in this magazine, In fact, that's what the magazine mostly consists of, exercises. It's not one of those publications where you find yourself looking at articles not even remotely related to the main topic of the magazine. So if you are someone who wants to tone your body, lose some pounds or learn other ways to make your life more healthier(did I spell that right?), it's hard to beat Fitness!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great balance: major fitness, minor fashion, December 12, 2002
"cruzbek" (Santa Cruz, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness (1-year) (Magazine)
I've gone through nearly every fitness genre magazine and found this one to really focus on it's namesake. With new exercise tips each issue and focus on both whole body conditioning and isolation techniques, there are great tips for people at just about every fitness level. there's also some nice fashion and style sections, but they don't bombard the mag. The cooking section is more than I can do, but the option is great. This mag covers just about everything to get you in shape and looking good-- I highly recommend!!

Fitness  (1-year auto-renewal)