Published on July 13, 2010 by Open to great experiences

Published on June 16, 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Love it! Love it! Great Beginner Workout for all ages., July 13, 2010
I just turned 61, and have put too much weight over the past few years. I've been walking daily, and going to the gym with little results. I've had my Empower Kettlebell with Gin's DVD workouts for a little more than 3 weeks, and can't say enough good things about it. I'm hooked! While this particular set may not be appropriate for hard-core athletes or experienced "Kettlebellers," I find this an ideal way to get into Kettlebells.

From my first workout, I felt the muscles changing throughout my entire body. No more do I need to move from machine to machine, and spend more than an hour at the gym. With Kettlebells, and get the speedy results someone like me needs to keep motivated. Within three weeks, I lost five pounds, and a total of 5 inches -- mostly in my waist and hips.

I started with the Empower 10-Pound Kettlebell with DVD, which worked well for most exercises. But I later needed to purchase a 5 lb. Kettlebell for the level 2 workouts that required more shoulder strength. I've ust started level 3. You'll never be bored because there are tons of Kettlebell workouts available to help you progress.

I like the Empower Kettlebells so much, I sent a set to my older sister for her birthday. I have no doubt that she'll be happy with this fun and convenient program. Empower 5-Pound KettleBell with DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my kettle bells!, May 11, 2009
I love both the 10-lb and the 15-lb - I can use them together or separately, and in terms of space, it is incredibly convenient to store them and work out with them. I also bought the "Goddess" DVD, which at first, I did not consider, b/c the title sort of put me off, but it's pretty hard core, and its exactly what a marathoner-in-training like me needs. Besides, the instructor is excellent, she knows what she's talking about and you just can't go wrong with this women's workout mentored by Pavel Tsatsouline! Be ready to feel the pain, but oh, does it take years off of your body!sp

2.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for a cast iron kettlebell, this isn't it..., June 16, 2009
I just received my Empower 10lb kettlebell. What a disappointment. As the reviewer stated for the 15lb model, it sounds like it's filled with sand. It would be helpful if that was stated under the product description. Personally, when swinging a kettleball around, I don't want to feel the weight of it's contents shifting, no matter how slight. Also, the fact that it's some sort of plastic material filled with sand of course means that it's larger than a 10lb cast iron kettlebell. You could probably use a small laundry detergent bottle and fill it with 10lbs worth of whatever and use it pretty much the same way. I will be returning this and have already placed an order for the Go Fit which is iron with a vinyl covering (I hope!). I can't comment on the DVD as I didn't get that far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not an iron kettlebell, but useful and functional nonetheless, June 18, 2009
I ordered two of these kettlebells recently, and I'm pleased with them.

They are NOT iron kettlebells, but instead are a plastic filled with what is likely sand. There are some pros and cons to this.

PROS
* Easy on the hands. No worry about rough iron edges rubbing against the hand.
* Softer against the skin. Though this is dealt with in many of the new iron kettlebells that are coming with latex coverings, occasionally when you use a kettlebell in certain exercises, it will bang against you, and it can bruise. The plastic is more flexible, giving way to the skin as opposed to just banging right into you.

CONS
* I just like the feel of an iron kettlebell in my hands.
* I can't do renegade rows with these. I don't feel like the plastic could stand up to my weight in the extended push-up position necessary for that exercise.

I bought these as something to take with me on a trip later next month. I wanted something light enough to carry in my luggage, but that wouldn't set off all sorts of alarms with me carrying a metal bomb looking thing LOL

If you're looking for iron kettlebells, I'd recommend either the GoFit kettlebells sold here at Amazon, or going to your local sporting goods/fitness store and seeing what they have to offer. I've seen GoFit kettlebells at the local Meijer, and Gold's Gym has kettlebells at WalMart, both of which are iron with latex coverings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, October 20, 2009
The DVD is excellent -- the trainer focuses on technique and gives you a full workout with only 5 lbs. The Kettlebell is more fun than a medicine ball or weights and really works your core.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitforlife, September 11, 2010
What a great work out and so much fun. Within 2 weeks people complimented me on looking trim and fit. I am 55 years old and highly recommend this for any woman my age. I especially love Gin Millers Video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 22, 2009
I love It. After trying this the first time, every muscle I had hurt. I let my family and friends try it, and they too felt the after effect. This is awesome. Great exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, fun, fun, July 16, 2009
I was interested in trying kettleballs, but wanted to make sure I was using them correctly. The DVD that comes with this is great. It has a nice warm up, three exercise segments (I've only done Workout 1 so far) and a cool down segment. The emphasis is on safety and going at your own pace. I have no problem recommending this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent workout, November 8, 2009
This is an excellent workout! Targets your core but also works the entire body. Easy to follow video and you get fast results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, August 28, 2009
I have had no problem with my kettlebells. I use them for rows too(they have a nice flat on the bottom for this). I was concerned about the plastic handle, but it has held up fine. I definitely realized why it was cheaper when I purchased it, but I am totally satisfied that my less $$$ has got me a perfectly useful product. The workout was defintely at a beginners pace, which I surpassed quickly, but was good to get a full workout without signing up for a class.

Empower KettleBell with DVD