5.0 out of 5 stars It works GREAT!
Published on November 20, 2009 by Kirk Waldorf

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of injury with the Shakeweight DVD!
Published on March 25, 2010 by Happy Goddess

5.0 out of 5 stars It works GREAT!, November 20, 2009
I agree with the other review...this works GREAT! My upper arms have become more and more flabby over the years, and within just a few weeks, I see a shocking improvement. I also do the 6 minute workout daily (because of the positive results, I am very motivated to keep doing it), and mostly while watching tv, since it's an easy routine to remember. I also take it on vacation with me, since it doesn't take up that much room. I've seen the absurd comments about it being suggestive, but honestly, don't most excercises look silly when you're doing them? This works great, and I was convince to buy it because the main site offers to not only return the purchase and shipping price, but pay for return shipping if you wanted to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 28, 2010
R. Straw (MO United States) - See all my reviews
I saw this on TV the same day I saw the Neck Slimmer. No way would I ever buy it from the TV. I went to Target, and there it was, for [...], and I bought it. I went home, put in the 6 minute DVD into my laptop, and used it. I could hardly keep up.I guess I have weak shoulders. I woke up the next morning, with soreness in my muscles of my arms, in tiny muscles that aren't often used. Day 2, I did the same thing,and my biceps are more shapely. This is an amazing product!I belive in this thing, and I'm glad I found it at Target. I don't like my arms, and nothing seems effective. The Shape Weight is effective. I am going to do it every day (In the comfort of my own home, without a suggestive expression, as the woman on the infomercial has. Hiding it from my son's immature friends.) It is not a joke, it really works. For 6 minutes a day, it's surprisingly effective. I do wish it was marketed a bit differently so that it doesn't look to be funny, but effective. It works, and don't listen to a bunch of perverts who say other things about it. It works, it works, it works. I love this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of injury with the Shakeweight DVD!, March 25, 2010
Happy Goddess (Pt. Richmond, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shake Weight Dumbell (Sports)
When I saw the Shakeweight at Bed Bath and Beyond, it looked like a lot of fun. I bought it, took it home and did the exercises on the DVD. It was fun, yes, and the lady on the DVD had great energy, very inspiring. Unfortunately, very shortly after finishing the workout, my neck started hurting pretty bad. I gave it a few days, and finally had to make an appointment with my chiropractor. He told me that two of the exercises on the DVD were probably what injured my neck. Both exercises hyper-extended my shoulders, and he said unless you're super fit and know what you're doing, weight-bearing exercises that hyper-extend your shoulders are an invitation to injury. (The specific exercises that hurt me were working with the weight behind the head, and the last one on the DVD designed to work the shoulders where there's a lot of shoulder rotation.)

I want to like this product, and once I finish healing I might give the other exercises another try before taking it back, but I felt I needed to warn people. The DVD just doesn't make it clear enough how a beginner can avoid injury and this really hurts!

5.0 out of 5 stars The first infomercial item that actually works!, November 8, 2009
I really love my Shake Weight. I read a few reviews about it and people seemed to really like it so I got it, too. They do have a money back guarantee and I would not have hesitated to use it if I didn't like it. The Shake Weight comes with a workout DVD for a 6 minute workout. I do it once a day while I'm watching TV (the workout is not hard to memorize). I usually cannot even do each exercise for the recommended time because my arms hurt so much. I took before pictures and after just one week of using it I took after pictures and my arms look amazing. When I flex there is actually muscle now and my triceps have great definition. I wish I could upload the pictures but I guess you can't do that on amazon. I never had huge arms they just had no muscle tone. The Shake Weight definitely tones your arms and it is so easy to use. Yes... it looks really weird and sexual to use it but all my roommates love it now and they use it, too. I even convinced one of my guy friends to get the men's version. Hopefully it will work just as well for him as it has for me!
This is a must buy if you are lazy like me and never go to the gym but still want awesome sexy arms!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, February 21, 2010
I admit I was one of those people who sent the Shake Weight video around as a joke to my friends the first time I saw it with the tagline: "Who the hell would actually buy this?!" I dismissed it as one of those stupid As Seen On TV products that are destined for landfills after a short-lived stint in some sucker's living room proved it a waste of plastic. Then I read a glowing review in a fitness magazine and I decided I had to give it a try. After three weeks, my arms are considerably stronger and more toned! My husband still makes fun of me when he sees me using it but I am enjoying my new muscular arms, so I guess I will have the last laugh! I recommend this product, but advise you to take it easy during the Shoulder Press exercise. If you feel pain in your shoulder - STOP and save yourself a serious rotator cuff injury!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly it may be but it works!, June 11, 2010
Homestyle (In the woods of Arkansas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shake Weight Dumbell (Sports)
I was a little embarrassed about buying something so hokey expecting it to work a miracle. I have been using it six minutes twice a day. It took about two weeks to get up to six minutes, it's not that easy. I'm in my late 50's and my upper arms had no shape at all. I have tried free weights and toning exercises but any woman over 50 knows it's almost impossible to see results enough to stay motivated. It's been six weeks and my uupper arms look better then they have ever looked. I haven't worn a sleeveless top in decades, now I wear them all the time. Laugh and scoff all you like about this silly thing but if used every day you will get results. I now don't mind using heavier free weights to get more definition but I don't mind if I don't, I'm happy with no flab arms, definition or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Toning!, April 28, 2010
This review is from: Shake Weight Dumbell (Sports)
This is a superb product. First- unfortunately Amazon does not have the best deal. You can get it at Target or Walmart for $20. That being said, this is easy to do at work- I am able to pick it up and use it while I'm reading or doing other things that wouldn't require my hands. Like the commercial says the difference for this weight is that it is using small muscles unlike weight lifting that bulks up your arms. If you have trouble with neck or shoulders you may want to use caution with some of the exercises just like you would if you went to the gym. Doing an exercise you haven't done before should be done with caution and if not done properly could result in an injury. This would be unlikely with the shaker weight but in my opinion anything's possible. Also note-this does not shake on it's own- that is the point of this product that you use your muscles to make it shake. There are reviews on here that gave poor ratings because they thought it was motorized or something- well, I would say if you don't want to work out and actually use your muscles then you can save yourself $20 and do not buy this product:)

It is a great inventions and the science behind it makes sense. I have seen results and I recommend it to all my friends and coworkers.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing works., May 19, 2010
Rebecca "Rebecca" (St Petersburg, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shake Weight Dumbell (Sports)
I have been working out every day with this weight for two weeks now and it absolutely, positively works. I've noticed that the older women in my family lose muscle tone in their shoulders and arms as they age and I decided I would try to do something to prevent that from happening to me. I cannot believe how much this has done for my arms. I look absolutely ridiculous using it but I feel so much stronger and toned. I have injured my shoulders in the past (once doing pilates on a reformer and once carrying a luggage) and I have had absolutely no problem with the exercises on the video. This is the only piece of equipment that I have ever purchased and actually used every day. I just keep the video in my laptop and work it into my schedule during the day. Thankfully I work out of a home office where no one can see me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shake Weight is working, March 13, 2010
This review is from: Shake Weight Dumbell (Sports)
I bought the Shake Weight because a friend had recommended it. It is actually working. My arms and shoulders have better tone. It also seems to be working on my upper abs and chest. I initially experienced the tired and sore muscles that you get when starting a new exercise program. Now the muscle soreness is gone and I have increased my workout time to the manufacturer recommendations. It's a television product that, to my surprise, works as well as advertised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased for a "As seen on TV" item, March 19, 2010
SMiller (Linden, Va United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shake Weight Dumbell (Sports)
I've been using the shake weight now for about a week and a half. I use it about 5 times a week and have felt a difference in my arms and chest. I've noticed toner arms and a difference in my chest muscles. So, for me it does work. The only bad thing is that once you have achieved a certain level you can't more weight. As a recommendation to improve and "maintain" tone I would recommend the item.

Shake Weight Dumbbell - Blue