4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!
Published 22 months ago by LK R

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent workout and funny to watch
Published 21 months ago by Hannah's mom

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, January 22, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
I was very pleased with this workout. The production values of the video are just okay (sometimes the music is louder than the instructor, and in some shots you can see the other camera and also people going up the stairs behind the curtain), but the workout itself is great. I have been doing kickboxing videos for over a year and I doubt whether I could have done this workout without having tried other less challenging ones first. The cardio section has great combinations - challenging enough without being too difficult to follow. If you're a beginner and find this too challenging, then try something like "10 minute solutions" kickboxing with Kelli Roberts 10 Minute Solution: Kickbox Bootcamp, , and then after getting used to the basic moves you can go back to this video and try again. My only concern is that the instructor's arms on her hook punches look a little high, and some of the moves look a little "dance-y" but other than that I love this workout.

Some info - the workout itself is about 45 minutes, not a full 55 minutes. 5 minute warm-up, 30 minutes of cardio, 10 minutes of core strengthening, and then the last 10 minutes shows short lessons on the proper form for the punches and kicks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent workout and funny to watch, February 18, 2013
Hannah's mom (Ankeny, Iowa, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
I read some other reviews about this workout before trying it myself. It was pretty funny to watch the amateurish way the video was produced. You can see people walking up the stairs in the background and it's obvious the wall hangings in the background are just sheets hung to block a window. It's hard to hear Stacy at times even though she's wearing a mic. And it's also pretty obvious they didn't practice before shooting the video since at least one of the messes up all the time.

Even with all the funny mistakes, the video was still challenging enough to get your heart rate up. This would not be a good workout for anyone with a moderate amount of kickboxing experience. This would be better for either a novice, or someone with very little experience.

I found the video fun and worth the time. Plus, it was free. Seriously, it's good enough for me with that price tag :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout!, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
Good FREE workout, with AmazonPrime. I used to teach kickboxing and the instructor has good form. The music could be better and the instructor is not always on the beat, but I thought it was a decent workout. Not necessarily for someone who is new to kickboxing because correct form isn't reviewed. I'll definitely use this video again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Fun Workout!, June 11, 2008
I am a beginner to kickboxing and this was just the dvd I needed to get me started. While the kick and arm combos were hard to get down at first and I still have a hard time keeping up, it gives me a good workout. Some say the music is kinda cheesy, but I found it motivating. The volume is kinda low, so I always have to turn it up louder, but I enjoy the dvd thoroughly to prepare me for tougher kickboxing in the future. If you want to learn kicks and punches this is the dvd for you! I'm a very satisfied customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a good workout for beginners the previous 1star rating does not refer to the video but the fact that they can not burn it to a DVD. That is called piracy, buy the full DVD and you won't be disappointed or just rent it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a good combination of strength work and cardio. Plus it's fast paced & fun! Good music as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
You get what you put in--this workout will leave me sore for days if I give it my 100%. I've been thrilled with this workout!

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very easy to follow kickboxing video!, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
I used this video for the first time today. I have a long way to go before I can get through this video with any success. I would think that 55 minutes would be a lot for a beginner. That said, the moves are very easy to follow and it is fast-paced and high energy. The kicks were difficult for me, but I am hoping to keep on trying to improve. The only flaw with this program is that the sound is somewhat muffled because the instructor uses a headset and the sound is "live". I simply had to turn up the volume, but for anyone with hearing impairment, it might be frustrating. The music is okay and repetitive, but it keeps you going - though maybe after 55 minutes it would be headache-inducing.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst form ever!, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
If you know anything about kickboxing (even fitness club style), the instructor's form in this video is terrible! I guess as long as you are getting a good workout from it...but I just can't get over that someone so inexperienced can have a video out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot's of fun though it does go fast for a beginner, May 22, 2013
This review is from: Fitness Kickboxing Workout (Amazon Instant Video)
I really love this video. I wish they explained the moves and kicks a little more. But I'm kind of clumsy, :) Which is why I gave it 5 stars. All I know is this has gotten me into an exercise form that I don't do with dread.

Fitness Kickboxing Workout