Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 18, 2001
In the advertisements this seemed like a video with a real detailed workout and nutrition plan because it claims to be for people of any fitness level, but it falls short in both areas. The video quality is terrible, but that aside anyone with a basic knowledge of fitness will find this a complete waste of time. Even beginners will be lost because not enough detail is included for the beginner. Also, without a gym membership this video does not work. All in all your money would be better spent somewhere else.
on July 8, 2003
John Basedows commercials caught my attention, so I ordered the DVD 6 Pack Abs. Unfortunately, It took three DVDs and two months to finally get a DVD that didn't skip. Now I have the DVD that functions properly and I do think the abdominal workouts are good. One thing about this video: I believe the video was made in one take and there was little or no editing done. On almost every exercise, he messes his count up by at least ten reps, and I can hear the camera men moving around in the background. Sometimes his microphone even rubs up against his shirt and his voice is barely audible. I believe too much attention is given to us staring at his own abs, and I find myself having to fast forward through it to save five minutes.
on July 10, 2005
i was looking into this video today... so when i got on amazon, and read the reviews (above) i noticed that 1 was VERY POOR, and gave and explaination as to why it was poor... all the others sounded more like a sales pitch....

So... if you look at all the 5 star ratings... click the "view all my ratings" link next to their rating... and you will notice that all of them have ONLY COMMENTED ON THE FITNESS MADE SIMPLE VIDEOS...

This would tell you that these are fake comments, put in by advertisers....

---my personal thoughts...
on July 18, 2005
I can't say that this video is the best ever as I have very little experience with fitness videos; however, I did find Basedow's essential techniques and the information he provides to be helpful. It should be noted that the title is misleading. The exercises themselves are simple enough, but the strategies to achieving fitness aren't.

The meal plan was an excellent example and indication of what a focused diet should look like, but his recipes weren't anyhting that I would particularly enjoy eating--BUT THE PRINCIPLES REMAIN RELEVANT! The nutrition portion is perhaps the most important aspect of the video because it provides all the information needed to make sound food choices. Furthermore, it will help you in figuring out why you haven't seen the results you may have expected.

As far as the excercises are concerned, I began to notice subtle physique changes within the first month. It's now week 7 and friends are beginning to notice. The workouts typically take about an hour and require a few weights, dumbells, a bar, and a bench with a leg extension attachment. There are some machines used on the video, but I've omitted the pec-deck exercises and do all my pull-ups on a ledge outside of my home.

It's important to realize that the exercises themselves aren't important, but the plan of assault toward getting fit is; so the video spends a lot of time on Basedow's plan and he constantly encourages you to devise your own. He also points out some basic techniques to bear in mind when you lift.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with the video and my lifestyle has changed significantly since taking its messages to heart. The production value of the video isn't appealing at all and Basedow isn't the best spokesman for anything, but the simplicity of the video keeps me from getting distracted and keeps me on task. If you do chose to purchase this video, keep in mind that it's a muscle building program. In order to see any of the muscles you've worked so hard to build, you need to supplement your weight training with cardio and a good cardio video would be useful to keep you motivated and on point. By the way, videos don't cause results, hard work does.
on November 24, 2002
I have purchased this video to burn fat and it does work. I started the workouts without weights and I am now working on using weights. This video has a personal workout as well as a nutrition segment with is extremely helpful!This video is not just for people who are just using weights and that was the reason I purchased this video. So even if you are justing starting out this video is perfect for you to purchase. I am sure that you too will find the nutrtion helpful.
on November 26, 2002
Fitness Made Simple is the most effective exercise program I have found to date. John Basedow's no nonsense, no gimmick approach to finess makes it easy to get and stay in shape.
on December 6, 2002
As a Certified Fitness Trainer, I only trust my clients with one other Fitness Authority...John Basedow. His knowledge is an asset to the industry and his tapes are a MUST for anyone looking to improve their fitness.
on April 27, 2006
I was checking into the availability of some used DVD's of Fitness Made Simple and was glad I read the reviews. There seems to be no middle ground here. I checked all the 5 star reviews as someone earlier wrote in his review and did indeed notice that this was their one and only review. I did not see any so-so reviews - all were either gushing about the video or they were outright displeased with it. So, thanks for saving me the money. After reviewing all the reviews and reading between the lines, I'll pass on these videos and continue on with my gym membership.
on January 4, 2003
I purchased the "Fitness Made Simple" video about 2 years ago now. Since then I have been following the principles John Basedow believes in and today I am in the best shape of my life! This is not some "fad" diet or a quick fix. Instead it is an easy to follow, practical approach to diet and excersise that will help you put into action a heathly lifestyle of your own. This program will definitly help you get into the best shape of your life too......and stay that way.
on December 11, 2002
I'm a beginner to the world of fitness and nutrition (after a lifetime of bad eating habits and lack of exercise!). I have to say that "Fitness Made Simple" is exactly what it is: a simple way to get into shape and eat better. I was impressed with John Basedow's no-nonsense and intelligent manner. He doesn't talk down to you and he's not silly, like so many other fitness gurus. He's extremely well-versed in the facts and exercises I need to know in order to get into shape. A few of my friends who are further along than I am agreed that this tape is good enough for regular workouts, even at their advanced stage. I learned a lot about eating right and about the proper way to get my body into a condition that's healthy and more attractive. I very strongly recommend giving this a try.