5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent low impact cardio + leg workout
I have not been in shape for quite some time, but having once run marathons and been in top physical form, I was yearning for a way to get back in the swing without jarring my knees and feet with jogging, running or jumping rope. I spotted a print ad for this machine in a local retailer's catalog, and immediately was drawn to the way it gently and without harsh impact,...
Published on December 5, 2007 by frisky2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!
Ok I researched this item for a long time before actually buying it. I finally broke down and bought one from Target. I brought it home and put it together, which was easy. I got on and thought it was pretty cool and easy to use. I noticed though after a few times that it was only working my inner thighs. I go to the gym all the time and I thought this would be an...
Published on March 16, 2008 by K. Nelson

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of equipment., December 23, 2007
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
The Leg Magic Machine is east to set up, can be conveniently placed in any room and used at any time. Careful though - you can easily use it too much when you first start out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it! Not as easy as it looks though......, March 16, 2008
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
I purchased the Leg Magic yesterday, worked out to the video yesterday and yikes!this thing is not as easy as it looks. I am optimistic I will see results if I follow the video instructions along with strength training and cardio workouts - the video is great and is in a circuit training format for the lower body in 60 second increments, some ab work and upper body included. My inner thighs are sore today without a doubt. Gives you a cardio workout too. I like it, this is the first exercise equipment I've purchased after seeing an infomercial.

Also, the nutrition guide that is included is great, gives you options/ideas of what to eat, and the plus is you don't have to cook anything other than meals such as eggs or oatmeal or if you follow one of the dinner options (steak, chicken),but you don't have to follow a cookbook to whip up a good meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, February 25, 2010
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
As with any other machine, it only works if you know how to use it properly.

If you follow these instructions, I am sure you will feel the burn right away.

- Straight posture
- Do not lock the knee
- Slow motion
- Keep the upper body still
- Use your thigh to move
- Squeeze thigh and hold as you move inward - Inhale
- Hold for several seconds before moving outward - Exhale

This machine is portable and good for storage. Although it doesn't look intimidating, but getting use to it, my whole body was aching for serveral day when I first started. But it pays off as I could see a slimmer thigh in a week. You can't hop on the machine and be an expert. It will take some time to build up the strength. At first I could barely do 10 reps but I build up. My tolerance and strength are much stronger now. I could do 45 reps each time and I don't ache anymore but the good thing is that I alway feel my thigh burning when I am on the machine.

If it isn't burning, something isn't working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoo! Awesome!, August 9, 2009
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
First off, you can forget about keeping up with the instructor on the DVD that comes with this device. The workout is 13 minutes, 5 of which is on the Leg Magic, but you're not putting in no 5 minutes on this thing! It's shock treatment for the inner thighs. I highly recommend it, but I'm not buying the other claims the manufacturer makes about it working the outer thighs and butt. You work your butt on the floor with the instructor in the video, not on the leg magic. The only part of my body I feel on the machine working is my inner thighs. For that, it is over the top and a must have in your home workout plan. The other exercises on the floor round out the program and is quite challenging. You will get stronger and eventually be able to do the whole 13 minutes if you stick with it. I can do so much more on it now than I could at first. Like 5 minutes total, with half on the machine, so I'm getting stronger. On day one, I couldn't even pull off 30 seconds on it. If you love a challenge and really want to see a change in your body and strength, you won't regret buying this machine, but if you're not, then it won't get used, because it's tough!

4.0 out of 5 stars leg magic review, October 6, 2008
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
The Leg Magic Machine is an amazing inner thigh work out - I really think it's a bit of a cardio workout also as you will be breathing hard quick! It definitely strengthens your inner thighs like crazy - and it's SO easy to just hop on & do a quick workout, you'll be inclined to use it with just a pinch of intention. it's seems just OK at best for the outer thigh and you can get a buttocks workout if you work it. It's FAR FROM a complete workout, but what it's good at - it is great at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ouch for the work out-Grrr for the set up!, August 14, 2009
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
I bought this product (I couldn't help it!). I know it isn't magic-there are other ways to work your lower body without spending so much money,however,I don't like the other ways-that's how this purchase came about. It does feel effective for the inner thigh area. I've read reviews stating the inner thigh is the only area worked. I disagree-if you become as Rosalie Brown states "advanced" you're doing this motion without holding the handle bars-and if you're really up for the challenge you're doing arm exercise while doing the leg magic moves. I felt my lower abs activate when I let go of the handle bars. Did I feel it in my behind? No-but that doesn't mean anything-I have a total gym 1100 and I do total body moves and feel nothing-then the next day my body is screaming.

I took away one star because when I assembled leg magic I pinched the wire accidently trying to get the handle bar adjusted(that's my fault, I know)-it just won't go all the way in-it's stuck. Since I'm so tall that may be a good thing-but honestly-it seems my handle's just weird because I don't see any reviews stating such a problem. Anyhow, because the wires are pinched the little moniter won't work correctly. For the price, such situations should be non-exsistent! I could return it and get another one-but it's too much of a hassle. Besides, the machine works-I did a few reps-OUCH. I "feel the burn". I recommend leg magic-but only as a supplement-no work out machine will make you into a super star-diet and cardio are still important. Was is worth $77? Well nothing I've ever bought was realy ever "worth" the amount it cost-but that doesn't mean it isn't a excellent tool for working out.

In short, I say OUCH for the work out, and grrrr for the set up! But it honestly does work!

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR PERSONS UNDER 5 ' TALL!!!!, May 23, 2008
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
I recently purchased the Leg Magic with great anticipation for a good workout. Putting the machine together was simple and easy. Of course I expected it to be harder than it looked on television, most things are, HOWEVER, I really think that there should be a statement to include the following.. The total span of the glide is 36" or 18" on each side. Persons under the height of 5' may have difficulty using this product! I am only 56" tall, once I get on the Leg Magic, my legs are spread 36 inches which makes it nearly impossible to do one or two reps which means about 4 seconds of your time~ having to do exactly what the video says not to do, which is to lean into and or hold tight to the hand bar..It's impossible NOT TO..It takes your entire body to move the glide rather than just leg action. I am not a doctor or scientist, but I will bet one who reads this could explain this in more technical terms but in honesty this machine is not for those Vertically Impaired!! SO although I believe this is a great idea, and a great concept, I think it unfair to let the consumer assume that it is suitable for people of all sizes. I contacted customer service at Leg Magic, and received a very prompt response telling me maybe I am using the machine to often and over exercising.Guess they didn't read my fine print!

3.0 out of 5 stars not for short women!, September 22, 2008
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
I am 5 feet tall. I wish there was a way to adjust the machine so my short legs did not have to do the SPLIT> I have a hard time bringing them back together after I go to the side position. It is almost painful, but I am going to try to keep doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceeded my expectations, May 8, 2010
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
I purchased the one that doesn't fold up so it takes up more room. The exercise quality is unreal. It has been 2 weeks and I still have a hard time getting thru the whole workout. I have bad achilles tendons so I can't do the squats. I do 1 minute on the leg magic and 1 minute on a twist board then back and forth with the video. When I do the twist board I use 5lb hand weights. My legs are jello when done. I have very limited time to exercise so I just do it when I can. My work pants are already loose. I am very happy I purchased this machine but I wish I would have spent more and bought the one that folds up. Very happy with the Leg Magic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel the burn!!!, April 9, 2009
This review is from: Leg Magic Exercise Machine (Sports)
I got this product at Walmart, not on Amazon, so I can't tell about shipping. But it was easy to put together. I got it yesterday and my inner thighs can feel the burn today. If you do small reps toward the outside of the machine without hitting the bumpers you will work your outer thighs more. I like the idea of a couple other commenters of using resistance bands for the outer thighs. It is not a cardio machine (unless you're in super shape, maybe.) I really think this is going to improve the look of my legs, if I stick to it and gradually add more time/reps on it. It was only $77.oo + tax at WallyWorld. And it seems to be well made. So we'll see...

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›