5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product!
Published on April 7, 2008 by Elaine Mashburn

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful--this could be too small
This seemed the answer to our problem. An effective compact work out machine.
Published on April 8, 2008 by JK from the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product!, April 7, 2008
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
I saw this the Pilates Power Machine on an Infomercial & will have to say I was very impressed. Unfortunatley I didn't have time to get the number & call on it that day. A wk. or so passed & I saw an ad online for the company so I emailed them. Their price was $20 more plus I had to pay 65 $ for shipping. Knowing that Amazon usually has free shipping I went online to see if they had this product. I was in luck & purchased the last one! Great price of $300..& Free Shipping!
I love this machine. It was already put together before shipping, ready to use right out of the box. It's well made of quality materials but not extremely heavy. There was a DVD included which goes through several different workout routines with the Power Machine. It's very simple to use & it does work. I've had the unit for about 3 wks now & use it at least 4 times a week. I can already tell my muscles are firming up..my abs are getting tighter..& my joints feel alot better. No, I do not have a 6 pk yet..& I don't know that I will..but I am definitley getting rid of some love handles! I would recommend this Pilates Power Machine to anyone who wants a great workout with a lower impact. It definitley works!

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful--this could be too small, April 8, 2008
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
This seemed the answer to our problem. An effective compact work out machine.
However as I did both workouts I found that the "compactness" was a major problem. I could complete some but not all of the exercises because I "hit" the hard stop on the machine (nowhere left for it to slide). I was very disappointed. I was nowhere near full extension. I spent time seeing if I could sit differently to give me more space but nothing worked. I am 200lbs, 5"10" with a 34" sleeve so I am not a giant. I know form is important so I made sure I was following the instructors carefully. But nothing worked. I do not know how they claim people up to 6' 3" can use this. I had to send it back --- $55 out of pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to my Pilates Power Gym, May 9, 2009
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
My PPG arrived early April, and set-up was quick, easy and painless. I am not a fan of exercise but this equipment is so much fun to use and the training DVD's are Excellent. I have never had a weight problem until age 49. I have gained 30 pounds in two years and at age 51, I decided it was time to take control of my weight.

I purchased a Leg Magic, Ab Lounger and Treadmill which I like, but nothing compares to the Pilates Power Gym. After only 3 weeks of working out 3-4 x a week for 30-40 minutes people have noticed my body is more toned and defined. My clothes are not as tight and that alone has convinced me to stay motivated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value!, February 27, 2009
Jewels (Orlando, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
I bought mine online elsewhere for about 20% less including shipping, so do your homework before you buy. I'd spent about a month looking for the right product to help me lose fat, tone and strengthen and chose the Pilates Power Gym because it gives me everything I want and need for fat loss and muscle strengthening and toning.

As stated in other reviews, it's ready to go when you slide it out of the box. It weighs about 70 pounds, but can easily be 'dragged' by its handle and stored against a small space on a wall or in a closet if your bed is too close to the ground. It's strong, sturdy and works as advertised.

As for the height complaints, in reading the instructions and checking out the preparation video on one of the DVDs, it seems that The Gym should accomodate the tall people as well. Yes, the glideboard can be angled into two additional positions, but it also has a height adjustment knob that takes it further when it's in the C position. For guys looking to work with maximum resistance, I think this should solve the height problem.

The included workouts are easy to follow along. I learned the basic pilates moves within three workouts and now alternate with some of the more advanced workouts. I'm definitely look forward to the fab results that will come. I'm happily sore every day since I bought it!

Love it and can't recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Equipment Ever!, March 11, 2008
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
Bought this from another website but let me tell you guys its worth every penny...I am an exercise hater ...get bored easily how many equipments I have tried nothing worked for me as I was soooooo bored wih the monotonous routines they offered this thing is a GYM in itself...the only thing needs improvemnet is the handles next to your neck where pulleys attach it should have more space otherwise very sturdy and best of all no assembly required ...just attach the foot rest and start working out in 5 mins ......if you are thinking of buying it dont think buy it....please be advised if you are very heavy than it may not be suitable for you as the bench is not too wide.........Enjoy it and live a better life...while looking gorgeous:)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Easy to Use Gym, May 2, 2010
Anna M (Merrionette Park, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
My husband, 72 years old, and I, 64 years old, and both out of shape, decided to purchase the Pilates Power Gym in the hope of becoming stronger and, hopefully, losing the excess weight we've both developed over the years. Our biggest fear was that once we received the machine, we'd use it once or twice and it would become a clothes tree. Well, we each used the machine and enjoyed it so much, that we each work out on it six days out of seven each week! My husband suffered from chronic pain at the base of his neck, and since using the Pilates gym, there's no more swelling back there and no pain. I have more mobility and feel stronger than I ever have. Because the exercises are not difficult, and the 2 DVD's that came with it are easy to follow, I'd recommend this machine to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Much too small, April 17, 2008
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
This is not to be compared to a traditional pilates reformer in anyway. I was hesitant to order it so I tried it at Sports Authority. I am 5'10 and 150 lbs/size 8-9. I could not do many full extensions or work full ranges. This machine is very limited but if you are under 5'5 in height and just beginning I am sure this would be fine. Again, this is not to be confused with a professional pilates reformer which are able to do 500+ pilates moves. This little thing does only a handful and not recommended for the experienced pilates follower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item! - would recommend, June 22, 2008
Hi,
I really enjoy my Pilates Power gym. It's the first as seen on tv product I purchased that is well made. It came already put together and is really easy and fun to use. I've seen results from it. I live in an apartment and wanted a small unit that I could use when I can't get to the gym. I like that it's compact and that it doesn't take up much room. I will say if you are a big or tall person, the board size is not that big. I'm 5'5" tall. Overall, great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the price!!!, August 28, 2008
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
This is a great product for the price. I've been using it for about a month now , I find it fun, easy to use and challenging. I love the fact that the movement is very smooth and dosn't strain my muscles.It's true it's not a professional machine, and it dosen't do 500 different movements. I'm 5'6" and my husband ( who said this is the best fitness thing I've every purchased)is 5'10" and we both can use the machine to the fullest extent and work our full range. However we are beginners, and have not been in professional classes very often. We find it a challenage at this point and hope to progress to the point that we find it easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than Imagined !!, August 1, 2008
Working Out (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pilates Machine (Sports)
Minimum assembly, quality control at factory needs to make sure cables are on pulleys. Once cable back on pulley, everything operated flawlessly. Machine is more than claimed on TV, and is excellent, especially for someone who is just starting out/not worked out for a long period and I am not able to exceed the maximums of this machine yet. The CD is great. The manual is very informative and helpful. This machine forced me to use my core-muscles and the Pilates excersises are areal wake-up. Easy to use, not complicated and so far extremely helpful toward a goal of overall fitness.

Pilates Power Gym