4.0 out of 5 stars Fitness walking that really works.
Published on April 8, 2000 by M. E. Volmar

2.0 out of 5 stars Find something else
I don't know what I expected, but there wasn't much there. I think that most everyone knows the stuff that's in there. Maybe motivation is what I was after and didn't get it.
Published on October 22, 2001 by elmuncy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitness walking that really works., April 8, 2000
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
The book is very complete and very easy to understand with step by step instructions that don't clog you mind or are hard to remember. Walking is presented as a healthy habit that will ensure a new way of working out and staying in shape. The book sets you up with valuable information from choosing the right gear to avoiding injuries to getting fit. It's a great book for beginners because it motivates you to start and keep fit without making it a routine or monotonous experience, helping you move to higher levels or workouts, while keeping the habit of walking. It makes a great addition to have along with Nutrition for Dummies and Workouts for Dummies.
--Reviewed by M. E. Volmar

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Dummies!, February 26, 2001
Susan Shams (West Des Moines, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
Truly, dummies, need not apply. This book is for anyone interested in fitness in general. This book is filled with so much information, it is mind boggling.
I had no idea that buying this book would be such a great move on my part, I have gained so much needed insight on various health topics. From understanding your risk for heart disease, to finding the right pair of shoes, this book has it all.
The author Liz Neoporent, is really a Fitness expert. There are 20 chapters, each jam packed with useful information. I have determined my body mass index, as well as measured the strength of my middle and lower body. I have finally been able to buy the right sports bra, that does not make me 'wiggle and jiggle'. I have understood the 4 levels of walking plus their benefits, and found out the importance of strength training, how beneficial it really is. Plus, I have finally been able to find a pair of shoes that do not give me painful blisters (what a miracle).
This book is great, what I mentioned above, is just skimming the surface of all the useful information provided. This is NOT just a book about walking. This is a great resource for any fitness enthusiast. I recommend it to anyone wanting to better their bodies and themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide to Walking!, April 10, 2003
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
I purchased this book back in 2000. I just picked it back up last week. After reading it, I began my Walking Program. The book is great, easy to read, and a good reference tool. Anyone who is interested in making walking a part of your fitness routine MUST get this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Start reading and GET UP & WALK, October 15, 2008
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
To venture a guess; if you re considering buying this book you are more than likely considering (or have recently begun) walking as a form of exercise.
If so, BUY IT, start reading, and by all means GET UP & WALK.
The book will help.
It is chock full of info such as fitness evaluation, shoes & gear, excrcise & strength training for walkers, stretches, technique, and on, and on,and on, and all of it good advice.
Quite frankly however it is a heck of a lot to absorb all at once, and offers so much info that the you may be overwhelmed by detail, options, training styles, etc
If it gets you up & walking though, then your dollars will have been well spent.
And once you have started walking then check out Prevention's Complete Book of Walking by Maggie Spliner.
The book's simplicity will refresh you as much as its Dynamic Walking Technique will enthuse & invigorate you.

Papacucu
October 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots and lots of tips, September 6, 2012
Lots and lots of usefull tips that help me start a walking routine, in my case I was looking to avoid injuries and buy the correct snickers.

5.0 out of 5 stars fitness walking, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
i brought this book cause i was walking to lose weight and was hurting myself now this book helps with that problem now i can take it easy without hurting myself again and it gives heart rate stuff and the proper way of walking etc.... i was doing the turkey walk it looks real funny in the book but darn i never knew it was wrong the way i was walking til i got this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fine example in a great series, February 24, 2014
Joseph C Wray (HUMBOLDT, TN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book as a gift for my wife who recently bought a treadmill. I think the "for Dummies" series are some of the best
books I've ever read. And my wife seems quite pleased with this one. And if the boss is happy, I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
learned a lot from this book great help for me thanks. Easy to understand and move through. enjoy sharing with friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A WALK A DAY KEEPS BAD HEALTH AWAY!, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
GREAT BOOK! I purchased two of these books since my daughter (who had just had her second child) and I decided to begin a walking program for better health and fitness. She is thrilled with hers and so am I. It provides all the information you need before just getting out there and starting without understanding what you are doing. It lets you know the basics and gets your started on the right foot. It provides you with a plan of action to keep you on the right path of improvement. However, it is certainly not limited to beginners as it takes you the all four levels of walking. I do recommend this book. This purchase created two very satisfied customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 24, 2000
This review is from: Fitness Walking For Dummies (Paperback)
Fantastic book. Easy to read with clear descriptions.

Fitness Walking For Dummies
Fitness Walking For Dummies by Liz Neporent (Paperback - December 15, 1999)
$19.99 $13.44