Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 15, 2010
The 4th edition is more concise. Though many pictures are shared the earlier edition has better pictures. I like the new edition okay but still prefer the 4th edition.
on September 11, 2009
I am a nurse who recently started working at a dermatologist office and found this book to be an excellent reference guide. It is very thorough, easy to read, and has color pictures for every skin disorder imaginable.
on October 19, 2009
Excellent book for non-dermatologist like me. To the point in regard of treatment. Definitely recommend it for all Physician.
on September 18, 2011
I currently work as a nurse practitioner in a college health setting. This book has been an invaluable resource for looking up the various derm issues that students come in with. The entire office shares this book and it is a great asset to us. Clear pictures with clinical manifestations as well as treatment options. The best part is that it also lists the ICD-9 codes with each ailment which is a huge time saver for us. Definitely a great purchase!
on January 24, 2012
This is a great reference manual. If you are in the field, it is almost w/o saying that this has to be in your reference library. Now that this is available on the kindle, one less book on the shelf. On the kindle, this reference is available on any one of the many supported devices.

Now the material itself. well read, good color photos and descriptions to aid in diagnosis.
on March 3, 2010
This text is required for my dermatology course in PA school and it was an investment well spent. The chapters are well organized, sections within chapters are easy to read, and the pictures are a great addition to the material presented in my class. I definitely plan to take this on rotations and into clinical practice with me!
on December 12, 2013
One of the single most helpful reference books a primary care physician or practitioner can have. Its pictures are wonderful, it's write-ups are concise yet still pack appropriate detail, its treatment guidelines are accurate, and it even has ICD-9 (and ICD-10) codes included with almost every entry. If you do primary care or are moonlighting, BUY THIS! Seriously, this should be the third book every primary care provider or moonlighting resident should own, right behind a current edition of the Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopeia and the Sanford Guide. Your money will be very well spent, I assure you.
on July 31, 2012
*Note this review is for the Kindle edition. I own the paperback version, which is an excellent reference volume (I'm a medical student in clinical rotations not going into Derm). However, the full color plates are what really make the book stand out, and the pictures in the Kindle edition are subpar at best. It would be great to have this available on the iPad or iPhone where the figures can be used for bedside diagnosis or at least review after seeing a patient, without having to carry another book around. The best model I've come across for this is The Atlas of Emergency Medicine by Knoop et al: they created a separate app (not kindle) with beautiful color plates that has a well thought out search function to quickly access the information you want when you want it. Once you purchase the app, you can access it on multiple devices (iPad, iPhone, et). The authors have taken the time and effort to put together an excellent book, hope they'll reconsider letting the Kindle model dumb it down.
on April 25, 2009
This is a great book. It has a lot of pictures with detail. My office is internal medicine, but we use it almost everyday.
on July 20, 2010
I was a bit wary of purchasing this book on Kindle with the negative review posted earlier. Yes, it may be miserable on the original b&w Kindle, but on the iPad, it's just what the doctor ordered. Excellent color photos are included, which easily enlarge in standard iPad fashion.

I'd strongly recommend this book for daily practice. I'm using it to study for my board recertification, but love the fact that I can easily have the great photos and text with me in daily practice in the emergency department.

Buy it. You won't be disappointed.