5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this novel and I'll tell you why...
As a P&P lover I am always on the look out for new fan fiction. My semi-obsession with P&P began with the A&E miniseries {Oh Colin, be still my heart!}. I of course had read Jane Austen's book and found it very appealing as most did but the miniseries really got me wondering "what if"?
Published on May 23, 2011 by Cherri

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great.
There were things I both liked and disliked about this book. First of all the characterization of Mrs. Bennet disturbed me, Elizabeth leaving Pemberley with a stranger and without a second thought after telling Darcy the things she did was unbelievable at best, the actions of the Count in pursuing her (why????), the same evil Count who beds everybody but can't with...
Published on October 7, 2011 by Cherie Hogan

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this novel and I'll tell you why..., May 23, 2011
Cherri (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man (Kindle Edition)
I have read them all, running the gamit of "excellent" to "oh please you can't be serious". That's why I always read the free sample first

I like this variation because the story line is very different from most P&P variations, I found it imaginative and well written. It was not the same old story with a tiny twist.
It has romance and sex BUT it was not on every other page and did not go into minute detail. If you have a good story there is no need to do that. This author writes a juicy long read with a few sex scene's. A few scattered thoughout the book can be exciting, 10 times a day in detail is boring and keeping me from the story. As for the reviewer who was turned off by the show of Regency male tears, I can see that, however it doesnt bother me.

I will be on the lookout for new P&P fan fiction books by this author.
Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Engaging and Original Story of Darcy and Elizabeth!, March 26, 2013
I really enjoyed reading this unique adaptation/alternative to Pride and Prejudice. As one of the readers of several hundred different versions, I look for originality of the story, believability of the characters and plot and emotional engagement. I found all three in this book. While a few plot twists seemed a bit hard to believe - Darcy spending so much time away from his estate and Mrs. Bennet so destructive, I was quickly captured in the story and did not let go until I just finished the last page. I totally loved the devotion between D & E. Thanks for the fun read!

Now on to the second book by Brenda Webb, which I must buy and read very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, April 12, 2011
This review is from: Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man (Kindle Edition)
This is a fabulous story! It has everything you could possibly want:
1. gorgeous hero - check
2. beautiful heroine - check
3. evil villains - check
4. mystery and intrigue - check
5. lots of action - check
6. romance - check
7. supporting characters to love - check
The list can go on and on.
The story picks up 2 years after Hunsford. Rejected by Elizabeth's proposal, Darcy flees to Ireland and Scotland. When he returns he learns of the tragedy that has befallen the woman he's determined to forget. He's now realizes there's no one in the world but his Elizabeth. But, can he save her and keep her safe from all the evils out to seperate them?
You must read to find out, but I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Fantastic! Utterly Romantic!, June 17, 2011
Fitzwilliam Darcy: An Honourable Man by Brenda Webb is one of the best P&P variations I have read. At about 400 pages it is a lengthy read that is neither rushed or underdeveloped like many Austen fan-fiction that are pushed onto the shelves before they are ready or even fully edited. The price of this one is very high, making the need to purchase it on the kindle almost necessary. Once more people discover it, maybe it will be re-published and then the price might come down, and hopefully get a much needed cover change. This book's cover is horrible and terribly mismatched to the intensely romantic story that it holds.

In this P&P variation, Darcy flees to Ireland and Scotland for two years after Elizabeth's heart-breaking refusal in Kent. While Darcy is nursing his wounds, Mr. Bennett dies leaving Mr. Collins to inherit Longbourne and the Bennett women to rely on the kindness of other family. Elizabeth is courted and married off to an untrustworthy Count. Elizabeth is drugged and taken off to live against her will with him in the night and Jane and Bingley seem the only ones concerned. After being held hostage and abused Elizabeth is miraculously and secretively saved from a gunshot wound and a fire that was started by the Count. Elizabeth is brought to Netherfield to hide, but it is difficult as she is in a trans-like state, fitfully fearful of all men and has a tendency to wander out on walks in an attempt to escape even in the middle of the night.

Jane and Bingley contact Darcy in hopes of receiving his aid. Darcy comes to Netherfield unaware of Elizabeth and her illness. The Bingley's feel the need to test Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth to gauge the severity of his regard for her, and allow Darcy to believe Elizabeth dead from the fire, as this is the story the countryside has been led to believe. Darcy is beside himself with grief until he sees Elizabeth wandering outside in a lightening storm. While thinking his mind is playing tricks on him, he rushes to her, saving her from a falling tree branch. Elizabeth has a fit trying to escape Darcy's grasp, until he soothes her and she realizes it is Fitzwilliam. She sinks into his arms crying and refusing to let go and thus the romantic story begins.

Darcy agrees to take Elizabeth back with him to Pemberley and slowly nurses her back to health. Through many plot twists and setbacks in her progress Elizabeth slowly recovers from her trauma as Darcy seems to be the only thing that soothes her. It becomes difficult to hide her true identity and keep an the angry Count from finding his wife and brutally taking her back. Of course Wickham is involved, and Elizabeth is tricked into leaving the safety of Pemberley in hopes of protecting Darcy from her crazy murderous husband. She leaves and finds herself in the power of the Count once again, but Darcy and Colonel Fitwilliam pursue the Count finally finding Elizabeth and barely escaping a second traumatic ending for Elizabeth. Darcy and Elizabeth are finally re-united in the most romantic and chivalrous of ways.

This retelling of the classic P&P is an epic of a tale, with new characters and relationships that are well described and developed. It is heart wrenching and utterly romantic the way Darcy treats Elizabeth and nurses her back to health. His patience and devotion is far more than "Honourable". The romantic feelings that this story creates are all encompassing and I found myself unable to stop reading or separate myself from the story. I say again... one of the best P&P variations out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing twist to a wonderful story..., April 11, 2011
This review is from: Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful tale with amazing an very well defined characters. Brenda is a gifted storyteller that will take you along in a gripping story of loyalty, betrayal, infatuation and the most abiding love. You won't be able to put it down until you are finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, April 11, 2011
This review is from: Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man (Kindle Edition)
Brenda Webb has created one of the most memorable Darcys in Jane Austen Fanfiction. Having been rejected by Elizabeth Bennet, he leaves England hoping to find relief for his broken heart. When he returns, a broken shell of a man, he learns of the horrible fate that has befallen his beloved. His guilt at abandoning her is almost more than he can bear, and he seeks out the counsel of one who has also known and loved Elizabeth Bennet. The story centers on Darcy's abiding love for her, and what that love prompts him to do. He is indeed an honourable man, one who considers his commitments sacrosanct. To tell more here would compromise your enjoyment of this wonderful love story. This adventure is too good to miss. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fell in Love with this tale!!! To the Author..More Please!!, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man (Kindle Edition)
This story captured me from the beginning. Some of the reviews made it seem as if this tale was not believable, I beg to differ. Darcy fighting himself to forget Elizabeth was heart wrenching, at one point it seemed he wished to be swept away by a rogue wave to end his despair, luckily he did not succeed. At first, I did not care for Georgiana or Ana as she is called (And, I really loved the nicknames, I know some complained in reviews about nicknames, but I felt it showed endearment)with her insistence of Darcy marrying this hideous woman who was not as she portrayed, but soon Georgiana figured it out. Bingley and Jane were such a smart, strong couple who did whatever was possible to help Elizabeth. I really loved the introduction of Georgiana's child but to tell you more would be a spoiler. The man that was allowed to take Elizabeth was horrible and creepy why anyone considered him prestigious I will never know. As for all the women throwing themselves at Darcy particularly Lady Waltham I believe her name is was totally believable to me. I think in those days women would do just about anything to get the man they wanted. It was such a horrible plight Elizabeth experienced caused by her own mother's greed, but without spoiling anything Mrs. Bennett gets what she deserves at the hand of an unexpected victor. Darcy was seen as one sexy man even Elizabeth was like "Wow" on some occasions. His love for her, gosh I am over the hill in love with their Love, so beautiful. I was sorry to see the story end, but it left no stone unturned. I am not sure what some reviewers meant when they explained some things was left unanswered because every individual was provided a resolution as what happened in their lives. Yes, this tale had lots of villains, but so many generous individuals including the priest, the countless servants of the villain, as well as the Darcy's servants, the Matlocks and countless others who put their lives on the line to save Elizabeth. I loved Richard in this tale he was so Richard. Compliments to this author, I hope you will write more books like this though I doubt you could top this tale..so consider this a challenge. This was a beautiful story I will read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars JAFF at its best!, October 3, 2012
Jen Red (C.P. Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fitzwilliam Darcy An Honourable Man (Kindle Edition)
Beginning two years after Darcy's disasterous Hunsford proposal, "F.D. an Honorable Man," takes us on an entirely different road to Pemberley. Having read hundreds of JAFF re-tellings, I found this variation to be full of intrigue and drama. Possessing a real flair for plot and character development, MS. Webb weaves a tale that will keep your interest piqued throughout the entire story. In my opinion, this book is a "must read" for any Darcyholic, and one I simply could not put down until I finished the last chapter. Thanks Brenda! ~Jen Red~

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect romance, December 23, 2012
I read this book twice in a row before I sat down to review it. The first time, I just got caught up in the story and didn't put it down until I finished it. Then, only a week or so later, I picked it up again and read it a little slower, more carefully. I enjoyed it just as much, if not more, the second time around.

This novel is a seemingly effortless blend of the perfect love story of Pride and Prejudice with the darker, Victorian feel of Jane Eyre. For me, this was perfect. I've always loved the darker variations, where our favorite lovers have everything against them. Darcy returns from a long, miserable voyage only to find that the woman he has been trying so hard to forget has been grievously wounded to the point where she no longer speaks. And yet, he does not hesitate to offer is aid. This book shows everything I love most about Fitzwilliam Darcy. His constancy, his honourable nature, and his utter willingness to sacrifice everything to protect those he loves.

Elizabeth is a mystery for a large portion of the book. Since she is unable to communicate, you are left wondering what exactly happened to her. You know only a handful of clues, and even as she slowly comes back to awareness her memory has holes. I love how even at her worst moments, she responds to Darcy. The faith she has in him is lovely.

The minor characters in this book are brilliant. Col. Fitzwilliam, who is concerned that his cousin is ruining his life, yet is unceasing in his support. Georgiana, impulsive and loving. In addition to the traditional cast of characters, you have the pleasure of meeting the wholly new and lovely additions of Evan Ingram, Georgiana's charming husband, Meryton's retired vicar Mr. Williamson, and, my personal favorite, Evelyn Fitzwilliam, the Colonel's mother.

This book is easily one of the top ten Austenesque novels I have read. Just writing this review I'm itching to start reading it a third time...

The author provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a kind. An irresistible gothic romance!, May 13, 2011
Unlike most Austen fan fiction, this book can really be classified as neither a sequel nor a variation in the usual sense. It begins two years after Darcy's ill-fated proposal to Elizabeth at Hunsford Parsonage. Darcy, rather than returning to Pemberley, flees to spend time at estates in Scotland and Ireland in an effort to forget Elizabeth Bennet. I need not tell you that this attempt fails.
The story opens on Darcy's return to England. And the characters that surround him are very different from those in the original Pride and Prejudice. Georgiana is only three years his junior and is quite a lively, outgoing young woman married to a wonderful man. This change in her age and personality make her a good pillar of support for a heart-broken Darcy, who has never told anyone why he fled England. Another delightful pillar in his support network is his cousin Col. Richard Fitzwilliam, a lively bachelor with a wonderful sense of humor that keeps Darcy from falling into the depths of melancholy.
Meanwhile, Darcy's beloved Lizzy has suffered the loss of her father and been sold in marriage by her heartless mother to a vicious nobleman who recently attacked her and left her for dead. Traumatized and unable to speak or respond to anyone, she is being hidden by her sister Jane and her husband Charles Bingley at Netherfield. But she can't stay there much longer. Does Darcy, who has recently returned from abroad, still love her enough to take her in? And can he bring back the Lizzy with whom he fell in love?
Generally, I don't favor gothic romance, nor am I usually very tolerant of any book that changes the characters Austen created. However, in this instance, the result is so well written and so wonderfully romantic, I must admit that I couldn't get enough of it.
For those P&P fans with a penchant for romance, this is a must-read. I can even forgive the author for giving Mr. Darcy blue eyes!

Rate and Discover Movies