- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Hennessey & Ingalls; 2nd edition (January 1, 1975)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0275717208
- ISBN-13: 978-0275717209
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 6.2 x 10.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #626,161 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Five California Architects 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
This book is more like five little books; one for each individual architect. There is little attempt to provide any linkages between them (although some links are so obvious that the style of treatment reveals them none the less); and little attempt to provide context. The style of writing is heavy on anecdote. "Five California Architects" gives the reader a good sense of the kind of men these architects were, but less of a sense of the position they occupied in the development of modern architecture.
Despite its short comings, this book is a must have for those interested in the development of modernist architecture in California, and I would recommend it to all those interested in the subject.