Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 26, 1999
After reading some of the reviews, I had a hard time believing that people could be so hard on this book. I read it in a few hours and it touched me to the point that I could not read another book for a few days. (I usually read a book in 2 or 3 days, and can pick up another book a few hours after I finish one and enjoy the new book) I thought it was hard to get into at first, but then I realized that it was Peter's personality, since he was really the main character. It could touch home to so many people who are trapped in a loveless or unhappy marriage. You just never know when or where you will find love, and what better place to find that perfect sole mate than while spending Five Days in Paris?
on April 21, 2013
Okay, typical sort of romance. Boy meets girl (in Paris). Boy can't have girl because:

a. He is married (and he is married to the boss's daughter)
b. Girl is married (and she is married to a high powered politician and presidential hopeful).

They have an opportunity to connect, when there is a possible fire/event/bomb at the Paris Ritz. She, Olivia Thatcher, slowly wanders away from the crowd. He, Peter Haskell, notices and follows. They make a love connection over coffee. He takes her back to the hotel. She, however, does not return to the uncaring husband. Rather she runs off to a small fishing village in France. He learns that she has disappeared, when he sees the story on the news. He remembers a sweet village she talked about. He gets a car and follows her there. He finds She. Although, they agree the relationship should not go farther, well, it does.

They return to Paris and back to their miserable lives. She has pointed out to He, how miserable his life truly is back at home.

After a tragedy, She leaves her husband. The story is out that She is recovering someplace from a breakdown. She eventually lets He know she is back in France.

He and his father-in-law (Boss) have a terrible row over a business matter and the Boss has a heart attack. His daughter, Wifey, runs to his aid and blames He for nearly killing Boss.

He finally is forced to "sell out his soul/ethics" to keep peace and make Boss and Wifey happy. However, when push comes to shove, He just can't do it. So, He follows his principles. Wifey leaves him.

She finds him and presumably all is happy ever after.

Again, with Danielle Steel, I find so many sentences run on. Thoughts seem too circular and redundant. There were a number of typos in the version/copy I read.

Some good story lines. But, rather juvenile.
on September 9, 2013
I was browing books and someone told me to get this so I did. As a guy I read most books and always a recommendation. This is a fast read and what an excellent story! I don't normally read this author, I think she is a hit or miss type, but this has my 5 stars and A+++ rating! This is a book that we all can relate to in our relationship. Maybe we forget why we are together or take each other for granted. A book to reflect on.
on January 15, 2016
Paris may be the city of light, but it's also a city of possibilities and hope. I enjoyed seeing those things evolve in and through the characters and their lives. Good read! I wanted to renew my passport and return to Paris!
on December 30, 2003
From my opinion Danielle Steel has had a hard time pulling off the shorter books, however, I did like this one. I thought it was a cute, fun story. Maybe I'm just a sappy romantic. If you're looking for more shorter stories by Steel, the others I liked were The Gift & Special Delivery.
on June 4, 2002
DS has done it again. I totally enjoyed this book and would recommend it, especially for a day at the beach or the mountain cabin. Curl up and get ready for a wonderful novel. I loved remembering timeless Paris. This is one of Ms. Steels best works.
on July 8, 1998
Most of DS's characteristically gorgeous pretty female characters love and lose and lose again before finding happiness in the final chapter. Our lovers, Peter and Olivia, stay together from start to finish (though only in thought at times), and madly gloriously in love. Their first meeting when they eventually confide in each other (after many glances from Peter at the very pretty lady), they hold hands and she snuggles against his shoulder. Chapter 5 is the highlight. Peter searches for his love, finds her and she's overjoyed to see him, and the fact he's taken the trouble to find her. Their short time together is so full of joy as they romp playfully in each other's company. Their togetherness is electric and permeates wonderfully through the magic of these pages. They shyly spend the night together, he on the floor in her tiny room and holding hands together they drift off to sleep. Throughout the story, troubles affect both of their lives, and in the end when Peter loses all, except his integrity, she's there for him, appearing from nowhere, a vision bringing joy to his heart as for the last time they know they have each other. If you have a gorgeous lover, this story will bring tears of happiness to your eyes. One of DS's best romances. AS/JL/459.
on September 20, 2014
The story was ok...but I still can't stomache Danielle Steel's writing, NO matter HOW good the title sounded....too cliched, too "movie of the week." I will NOT give into temptation next time. Sorry, Danielle, nothing personal. I'm probably overcritical about how a story is told...it's voice, it's prose, it's uniqueness.
on October 7, 2002
The book, Five Days in Paris, by Danielle Steel was excellent. It was an incredible mixture of love and loss. Peter and Olivia fall in love in one of the most beautiful places in the world, Paris. When their time there is over and they have to go their separate ways, you can feel the sorrow. The emotion in the story is so real, it's like you are part of it. In this novel you realize how easily things are subject to change. Peter is happily married and so is Olivia, but in only five days their world are turned upside down. All they can think about is each other when they are apart. Love is a very strong tie, and once you have found it you cannot let it go.
Love always finds a way :)
It is not ever to late to look for love and not ever to late to find your love :) I learned this at an early age :) and I learned it all over again when I found my hubby and this book :)