Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Hardcover-spiral|Change

on December 1, 2005
We bought this book to do with our kids aged 5, 4, and 2. It is the perfect length devotional for them. They all get excited to read the next story when its time, and even the little guy (2) sits for the pictures and question time following. We try to talk a little more in depth about each topic and the questions are an excellent jumping-off point. The Bible verse is also great as the kids are getting old enough to memorize scripture too now. The only thing I wish it had was a little prayer for the kids at the end like I've seen in some other devotionals, but we just create our own which is just fine. I'm pleased to see there is a next book too because I was already wondering what we would do when we ran out of devotionals in this book! :)
on January 6, 2009
My twin 5 year olds and my almost 3 year old and I are almost done reading through this devotional for the first time. Not only does it capture their attention through the incredibly interesting animal facts and pictures, it has inspired many great discussions and has left me (the mom) feeling inspired and "filled up" as well. I highly recommend it to any parent with kids 2-12 or even older.
on March 21, 2010
It's beautifully illustrated, and involves the child with thought provoking...yet simple questions to make a child think. This is good for kids under age 7. Our oldest kids are 4 and 5 and they have gone through this devotional book at least 3 times. I wish there were more books JUST LIKE this one!!!! Thank you! :) Don't even hesitate to buy this one.
on June 10, 2013
I have used this for 5 years as a gift from our church for children graduating from our program and heading to kindergarten in the fall. I have researched and looked at many devotional options for children and this one is undoubtedly the best out there and well worth the money! This book could be used for any occasion!!!
on January 8, 2013
We absolutely love this devotional. Each page is very durable (kid proof). Not only will your child learn about God's love for him/her through these wonderful animals he created, they will also learn about the animal. My children love hearing about each animal and how it relates to every day life.
on April 7, 2016
We have the other two versions of this book (OT and NT) and have been pretty happy with them, so I ordered this one, too.

However, I would definitely recommend the other two over this one. This one has devotionals based on "animal traits" which feels like kind of a stretch sometimes. I appreciate the creative idea, but it doesn't totally work in some cases. For example, we just read the gecko one where it talks about how geckos shed their tails as a safety measure, and goes on to talk about how we can be safe in the Lord. It ends with, "God wants all of his creation to be safe." I'm no theologian, but I don't actually think this is true. I think of the famous Narnia quote from C.S. Lewis, about how Aslan isn't "safe" but He's "good."

Anyway, our son (almost 5 years old) loves these devotional books, so I still think the other two are a good pick. I would like to see the author do more with them, and make them a little meatier. We started with the OT one when my son was still 3, and by now I think he could handle it if they had more spiritual meat to them, and if the book helped him apply the material to his life. We're working on that!
on October 23, 2015
We love this devotion book. I have three boys aged 4, 6 and 8. I like that I can read it to them and it spans the age gap. The questions at the end are tiered- easy ones for my youngest and a deeper thinking one at the end I have my oldest answer. My only complaint is that there are only 21 devotions! So if you use it for a morning or evening devotional book it won't even last a month! Pretty expensive to have to purchase a new devo book more than every month.
on April 18, 2011
My children are 4 and 6 and they both really like this book. I expected it to give examples of difficult situations that kids get in at school, with their friends, etc. But it's just more for preschoolers because it doesn't have that. We all really like the book, but I think I'm going to keep looking for something that tells stories of young kids being in real life situations (that are hard to do the right thing in) so that my kids and I can discuss what the best thing to do would be in each.
on July 29, 2015
My daughter and I both enjoy the short animal stories in this book. I do wish, however, that they were a bit longer, as five minutes (as in the title) may be pushing it, as to how long it takes to read and discuss the questions for each one. Usually we find that we want to read 2-3 of them at a time, which uses up all of them pretty quickly. Also, I will say that the "Why do you think God does _____?" questions for each story are a bit over the head of a 4 1/2 year-old. So, I do not think it's the PERFECT book for young kids (under age 6 or so), but it's nice to have.
on May 3, 2014
These short devotions are not only well written, but the art is beautiful as well. The words have been chosen for young hearts and minds and the concepts are easy enough for five and six year olds to practice their reading skills. I know no better way to ground a child in the love of Jesus than this little book.