Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 57 questions
votes
A lot will depend on the kind of water you have, low mineral, high mineral, well water, sand, there are a lot of different types of water, its always best to pre filter the water before it gets to the main RO, that way your product will last a lot longer. I run a two stage pre filter and have average low mineral with some light particulate, (well water) I change it about once a year, but that could vary, usually you need to change the scrubber twice a year, (carbon) its usually fairly in expensive. This system produces better than average water, definitely way better than bottled water.
Aug 12, 2013 by Macro books
votes
I am not a plumber, but as I understand the system...water is processed then stored in the small 1 to 2 gallon pressure tank below the sink (normally). This tank is pressured by "city" pressure, and is returned to the faucet at the same pressure. Having the tank located a floor below the kitchen should not affect this pressure noticeably. I would certainly pass this question to a professional installer, or informed friend, if you have a chance.
Oct 25, 2013 by William W. Bohnhoff
vote
Sure, but why the hell would you want to?! $200 for the kit and then the cost of installing it and then maintaining it.. is the cost of water so high where you live? If its a conservation thing, how about just running the output of the RO system into a bucket and then pour that into your toilet to flush it.. thereby saving flush water?
Feb 2, 2014 by MikeInMaine
votes
For a small unit like this, with a capacity of something like (and probably less than) 12 gallons per day, the wastage is not a significant number. A typical household of four persons will normally consume maybe 3-5 gallons per day for drinking and cooking, so total consumption including wastage is likely to be something less than 12-15 gpd .. about 15% of the typical total potable water consumption by the average household of 4 persons. if you were using a (different) whole-house RO unit to supply all of your household potable water for toilets, bathing, laundry, etc the wastage number could be a significant number to worry about.
Oct 5, 2013 by FL engineer
votes
Amazon carries the WATTS 7-pk RO Filter Premium 1-year 5 stage replacement filter pack. It contains two each of the carbon filters for the cannisters and one in-line "refrigerator" filter. The kit does not contain a replacement membrane. Present price is $31.47. I bought one kit when I bought the RO system back in October 2013 and have not had to change filters yet.
Feb 20, 2014 by Ralph Russenberger
votes
Jeff: I do not treat for high iron. However our water (community water) does not have a high iron content Ted
Mar 11, 2014 by Theodore de la Mare
votes
The filter bodies are a high density plastic, but the pressure/reservoir tank is metal. Unit works great and cleans up my well water very good. I installed the unit a a closet and ran the water and waste wate line over to my sink so I didn't lose all my space under the kitchen sink. Waste water in the sink drain is noisy and I plan to reroute that into the laundry discharge drain. Sorry for getting wordy. Very happy with unit.
Jan 29, 2014 by Ralph Russenberger
votes
No. I gave up on the Watts as fittings cracked. I distill my water now.......
Aug 19, 2013 by Operafilly
votes
The most common problem when this occurs is the plastic line from the faucet to the drain is plugged because of the disposal action. It is simple to check, remove the drain line coming from the faucet to the drain of the sink and check to see if it is plugged. You may be able to insert a small wire, something longer than a straightened out paper clip, in the end of the tube without taking it off the faucet to see if it is plugged. Clean it out and that should take care of the problem. You may have to eventually move the drain tube to a higher spot on one of the vertical drains from the sink, so as to not catch the flow from the disposal. Hope this helps. Jack
Feb 21, 2015 by Older Show
votes
As long as the cartridges are changed on schedule, the answer is 'yes'. But please consider the Watts R-O model that has the push-button easy change cartridges rather than this model where the cartridges are inside the twist-on chambers. It is darn hard to change cartridges without leaks, especially if you are doing an under-sink install with this model. Both models do a great job making great water.
Dec 2, 2013 by The_Best_Test
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers