5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive 1-star reviews
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:43 Mins
"Kids love the reinforced paper but every time I have tried this brand, at least a quarter or more of the sheets have the bottom hole un-punched."

My rebut: I ordered ten packs. Out of the one thousand pieces of paper that I received, none of them had a missing hole punch.

"I bought four realms of paper. Two realms had no...
Published 11 months ago by Valtarian

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre paper at best
For the price you're paying, this paper isn't terrible. It's not great, either -- you should be able to find nicer paper for the same price locally, if not online.

Negatives:
* Lightweight - Five Star advertises this as "heavyweight" paper but it's not. It's 20# paper, as it says on the package. That's about as light as you can buy; it's the same...
Published 9 months ago by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive 1-star reviews, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Five Star Filler Paper, College Ruled, Reinforced, 100 Sheets, White (17102) (Office Product)
Length:: 0:43 Mins

"I bought four realms of paper. Two realms had no visible lines on the front side only the backside."

My rebut: Again, I ordered ten packs. None of them are missing lines, reinforced plastic, or any hole punches.

"The reinforce plastic is very weak. Very disappointed."

My rebut: The video is clear evidence that these papers aren't "very weak." On top of the reinforcement, the papers themselves are fairly thick and durable. They aren't low-quality.

"Don't buy this paper. It is NOT standard 8 1/2 x 11, as they claim. It is 8 x 10 1/2. What a waste of money."

My rebut: That's completely false. This is the only review that made me skeptical as to whether or not I should buy this item. As shown in the video and the product description, the paper is clearly 8 1/2 in x 11 in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good paper if you are willing to pay for it, August 7, 2012
I am a grad student in engineering so I take a lot of notes including math and things that don't alway fit in the lines. This paper is great for all uses. The lines aren't too dark and it scans well. I honestly do not care about the reinforcement aspect as much as the fact that it is pretty heavy weight paper, at least for filler paper.

Every note I take (both sided if it matters) I put through a feed scanner at the end of the week and this always hold up well.

It can be a bit expensive, especially compared to plain white paper, but you can find it at good (enough) prices and if you write on both sides, 100 sheets lasts a while.

My only real complaint is that I wish the reinforcement strip didn't say "Five Star" everywhere. It should just be clear! That is why I docked it a star (Ironically, I therefore rate "five Star" paper as only four stars)

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 sheets that stay in a teenage boys binder, November 5, 2008
Karen B Mielke (Maplewood, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
I don't know what the deal is with teenage boys, but binders look like war zones with crumpled, half torn and tattered pages. This is the answer!!! The reinforcement is like plastic tape along the edge, through which the holes are punched. Genius!!! And there are 100 sheets, not 75 as the reviewer below mistakenly reports. The wide ruled has 110 sheets. Both qualify as 75 points in the Mead promotion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it at Target for less, November 26, 2012
KBkat (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I agree with most of the reviews that this graph paper works great. I really like the reinforced holes, as my kids seem to be forever losing things when the regular holes get ripped (teenage boys). The only thing to comment on is that the same pad of paper is available at Target for less than $4. Food for thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous Price, but GREAT Paper!!!, December 31, 2010
Purchased this specifically for my 9yro son's Latin Binder. They keep a running binder for the entirety of the school year, and I've already spent too much time reinforcing the punched-holes. While I balked at the price, the reviews were good... so I tried it. I will hide it from the kids in terms of 'regular use', but it will be VERY welcome as intended, for the Latin Binder. VERY WELL REINFORCED PAPER!!! There is an actual plastic lining on the front and back of the margins, so it's VERY well reinforced. Highly recommended if you have a specific use such as a yearly Language or Subject binder for younger children in need of hard-to-find Wide Rule, but far too pricey for daily homework use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, October 18, 2010
J.W. "Juliestew" (The big beautiful south, SC) - See all my reviews
In the day where everything is thinner and cheaper this notebook paper is a delightful treat. No more notebooks with torn pages. We love them and would recommend them to anyone looking for a higher quality paper for projects and note taking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and the right size, January 4, 2012
Have you ever noticed that most looseleaf /student paper is very thin and awkwardly sized. Ninety-eight percent of loose leaf paper is sized 8 x 10.5 and not 8.5 x 11 like the rest of our papers. That's aggravating because handouts are 8.5 x 11 and it looks bad to not have all papers the same size.

Anyway you dont have to worry about that with this paper. I searched for sturdy and properly sized graph paper and found this. It is a staple at our house.

This paper is sturdy and the proper size -- 8.5 x 11!! Yay!! I buy it for our sons every year at back to school time and I even use it too to take notes on for various things - seminars, class, etc.

It is a little pricey but worth the money because at homework time I'm not wondering if the paper will tear through from erasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars The extra cost is worth it, September 1, 2012
K. McCarthy (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
I used bargain paper in my flex binders and it immediately began to rip and fall out, making me remember why I did not use binders last time I was in school. A friend recommended this and I will never go back. Yes it costs a lot more than the .99 cheap stuff but it is worth my not having to put stickies all over my papers and waste time and aggravation. I grumble at the cost every time I buy it, but I cannot bring myself to go back to bargain paper. I intend to save all my notes so it is important to me to make sure that the paper I use is quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome paper, November 1, 2010
This paper is great. no more ripped holes and trying to find those sticky rings to repair, just neat edges because of the reinforced edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great graph paper, September 2, 2011
Bob Dobbs (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Heavy stock and reinforced holes. Good stuff. The squares are lightly drawn enough to be distinct from other plotting. It appears all 100 pages are included but I did not count them.