Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

67%
33%

on May 22, 2003
Newtype and Animage are my favorite anime mags, and now I get to read the amazing FSS manga that appeared in them! For years I stared at the pictures and tried to imagine what they were saying to each other...well, not any more. Now I get to read about the adventures of the Headliners, Fatimas, and the Emperor, all in English!
This is a must for any manga collector to have, serious or not! You won't regret it!
on February 19, 2015
My 8,5/10 mangaupdates review: Every proper mecha and space opera fan has heard of this manga but it is a shame that it has been forgotten by the current audience and that the first anime movie is the only real adaptation. The scenario alone screams video game adaptation! The sheer scope of the story over stretches a bit i must admit and some of the many stories are better then others but the Joker galaxy is still a place i want to return to and will now that the manga has finally gone out of hiatus...in a way. I have no idea what is up with the related Gothicmade movie or Five Star Monogatari Tracer and how they tie in but it is somehow fitting that the series is a bit of a mess to this day. The art is gorgeous, the designs are one of a kind and the much discussed setting is almost too well established.
There is violence and nudity but nothing too crazy and i bought the depiction of a war torn land for the most part. Actions have reactions down the line which makes me believe that we are ultimately going somewhere even if the ending is still far out of reach. If you liked the Legend of the Galactic Heroes (10/10) anime then this epic should be for you and isn't it awesome that the similar Crest of the Stars (YONEMURA Kouichirou) (8,5/10) is being readapted too. It's a glorious space age we live in and let's hope that a translation of the remaining and new volumes comes sooner then later as the ones i have read kept up the high quality.
on June 30, 2015
I became aware of Five Star Stories by accident while looking through a modeling site. The volume of different models amazed me and I looked into acquiring the books. I was several months locating and and acquiring the first volume (in English), here at Amazon. I enjoyed the work very much and I am planning to acquire more of the series in the very near future. Thank you for carrying the series at Amazon