Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 2, 2011
I used two of these notebooks (and no others) for my first 2.25 years of college. The cardboard backing didn't come off; the plastic fronts weren't damaged. The pages don't accidentally start to tear out like they do for some notebooks. I didn't really use the clear plastic tab sheets separating the five "subjects"; these don't have pockets, but at least there's a pocket at the back. Tall top margins make the paper a little larger than regular notebook sheets if you tear the pages out, and the binder holes are very close to the perforations on the left side, so I preferred to copy work onto loose leaf rather than tearing sheets out. Still, I'm buying another one of these because I know it'll last more than a semester and look nice doing so.
on April 26, 2014
Color: Navy Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I bought Mead 5-subject notebooks when I was in school. You may have more than five classes, but you can still make it work by using paper clips to further divide the sections. They'll be thin, but you'll only use those sections for the classes you sleep through.

The only thing I dreaded about these notebooks was getting caught in the rain. The paper covers were really sturdy, but rain damage was always a concern. You can forget that now, because of the plastic front cover.

This is college ruled, standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper with three holes. The paper is die-cut, so if you want to remove pages and place them in a three-ring binder, you can pull them out cleanly. The paper is smooth, but holds ink. Even gel ink does not smear. Caveat: If you're left-handed, you may smear ink, anyway, but you already know that. It is not the highest quality paper int he world, but it's high quality for its intended purposes.

This one is going to be my new list maker for books, movies, music and whatever else I want to see, hear, or read. I have one I bought in the 1980s to make up my own personal cookbook. Instead of buying a bunch of cookbooks that had only a few recipes I'd use, I borrowed cookbooks from the library and transcribed the recipes. Some recipes I cut off packages and glued into it. And I'm still using it.

This is a top-notch and useful item that will serve you well. You should have no reservations unless it's over-priced.
on January 31, 2014
I have always bought Five Star brand notebooks not only because the front cover somehow or another seems to protect the inside better than other material, but also because the pages are perforated, each subject is separated by a double-sided folder, and it is already 3-hole punched to fit in a binder. Yes, Five Star is more expensive, but I think it's worth the price since the small features help keep me even more organized.
VINE VOICEon April 27, 2014
Color: Navy Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
At nearly a pound and a half and over an inch thick this notebook is downright huge. The wire binding is somewhat light, flimsy and easily bent. In a crowded backpack this could be damaged. The paper is moderately bright and somewhat thin, noticeably more grey than my 97 brightness printer paper. Pen, gel pen, pencil and a thin line Bic permanent marker didn't bleed through while a highlighter and a Sharpie both bled through. The Sharpie markedly so. All the way through to the next page. The cover is a stiff sheet of plastic which while waterproof is easily creased and bent. The back cover is a glossy cardboard which might resist water for a few moments.

This is a five-subject notebook. There are 200 sheets so each subject only gets 40 pages. I've never really liked that layout when some subjects need little paper and others far more. Each section is separated by a manila divider with two pockets (front and back). These dividers are decent quality and the edge of each opening is reinforced with tape to prevent tearing.

Mead/Five Star 'guarantee' this notebook will last all year but state "This guarantee does not cover damage due to abuse." And what student doesn't abuse their notebook? They also don't cover what falls under abuse on the product literature or their web site. The warranty is cute but if they require you to return the notebook (no information other than "contact us" is available on their site) for a warranty claim it would probably be cheaper to just buy another one.

In the end? This is great sitting here on my desk and perfect for me. I've always kept a notebook here and this will last, well, years. As for a student trying to lug this along with everything else they require for school? I'm not so sure. As I said, it's heavy, large and the wire binding is somewhat flimsy. This is going to weigh a backpack or book bag down and quite possibly get damaged. Consider your needs and usage when purchasing.
on November 12, 2013
I use a lot of notebooks, so I ordered this one from Amazon and it is as good as Five Star notebooks always are. I'm always happy with them. I get the bigger ones with 200 college-ruled pages and several pockets and I like the tear away pages. The blue was cheaper than the other colors I looked at, for some reason, so I grabbed it.
on April 26, 2014
Color: Navy Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been through college and grad school, and never had a ringed notebook this thick. I knew before I received this that it was 200 sheets, which is more than most have, but it wasn't until I saw this that it hit me, that this is really a thick notebook that will last a really long time.

This has some features that I treasure in a spiral notebook. It has the thinner lines so you can fit more onto a page. I write small and like to have a lot of information on one page, so these narrower lines are perfect for me. It also has five pocket dividers. The dividers are not tabs, which I don't like since they tear off easily. But the dividers are thick yellow ones with heavy pockets to hold scraps of papers.

I actually could use several of these, one for each task I work on every day. This would be great for someone who accumulates recipes.
I do a lot of research and take tons of notes so this will be put to daily use.

This comes in several attractive colors I plan to get a few more and will be able to keep track of them by color. This is the nicest spiral notebook I've ever seen and simply because it has so many sheets of paper it's fairly heavy, so I wouldn't recommend this is you are going to be needing a notebook to carry around with you a lot. For me this is a dream come true in a notebook.
on August 31, 2013
I carry my notebooks almost everywhere with me, so durability is a must, and this one did not disappoint. The cover and spine are both durable enough to hold up to being stuffed in backpacks and drawers.

I try only to buy these notebooks whenever I'm shopping for stationary supplies.
on February 25, 2016
This is a very sturdy notebook. I bought it for school when I started college. This notebook lasted through my whole college life. The cover wasn't falling apart or anything. I even dumped water inside my backpack, and I was stoked to find that this notebook held up, and the water didn't wash away the ruled lines. The notebook is a bit wide after you account for the normal paper size, plus the added section that you can tear the paper from (the fringe part), then the large spiral bound. I had a big backpack, so I never had any issues. The little folders attached to each of the 5 subject dividers were great! Easy to stuff things into. A standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper seemed to fit into these folders, though a bit tight. This worked well and lasted me over 2 years.
on August 29, 2013
This notebook's surely going to hold up with me in the first semester in highschool. :)

200 pages, clean and nice. Says to absorb ink when writing on the paper (leaving no blotches nor stains on the other side of the paper!)

Haven't tried that but, I trust it. Loving the feel of the paper.
Color: Navy Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
This notebook has everything you could want: lots of pages, a big spiral ring to make the pages easy to turn, a heavy duty back cover and a durable plastic front cover. In addition, it has pocket dividers to separate the 200 pages into sections. The dividers have a reinforced upper edge so I'm confident they will last all the way until all 200 pages get used. If you can catch a sale on this notebook it is an even better value.