- File Size: 67 KB
- Print Length: 7 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Stacy Lynn Harp (May 11, 2012)
- Publication Date: May 11, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0082QC4X0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,671,664 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #960 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Self-Help
- #1387 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Depression
- #1555 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Emotions
Five Successful Ways to Stay Depressed Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
This book will not help you with that quest! I found myself laughing at the author's quirky sense of humor. And, as soon as you begin to laugh, you are on a slippery slope right out of depression.
Which of course, appears to be Stacy Harp's true goal. Laughter is indeed still one of the best medicines.
I also recommend it for any reader who just wants somebody to say what they are thinking about the person in his/her life that doesn't want to be happy.
There are practical tips here that you will NOT get from anyone else. This is the stuff good advice is made from; common sense, wisdom, experience, and wit. I'd like to tell you more, but I don't want to give it all away or have my review be longer than the book.
Again, if you want to be a happy person who smiles all the time and is thankful for anything and everything, do not read this book.
You pick up a book because you're looking for some affirmation for your self-pity and for new creative ways to wallow in depression and all of a sudden someone, via satire and humor, peels away the layers of why you are doing what your are doing.
And then you realize, "Hey, this ain't a book. It only took me ten minutes to read... That's a children's book format, right? Where's the pictures?" Well, I guess sometimes humor that is simple and direct, like a children's book (which this ain't, because most children already know most of these five points), often delivers the best message.
Either way, this is a great little tool to have on hand when for any moment you begin to feel down. This will diffuse your grumpiness within seconds and have you laughing out loud. I love humor and foolishness and this definitely fits the bill.
Great job, Stacy! I'm looking forward to more.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Should be a blog post. Seven pages is not a book. I read it for free in less than 10 minutes out of curiosity.Published 2 months ago by Kathy Baldock/Canyonwalker
Excellent! Best money I've spent in a long time. This lady is funny and intelligent! Thanks, Stacy!Published 9 months ago by M. Myers
This has all the basic advice you would be given by a therapist or another book, but it's presented by using reverse psychology. It's short and easy to read.Published on September 25, 2013 by Melinda
You don‘t complain enough and you almost made me happy :( I can‘t believe you‘d do that!!! I‘m so upset I spent money on this!!Published on October 9, 2012 by Morgan Medema
Well, if I want to stay depressed or I was, I am not anymore.
I laughed and laughed reading this book. Read more
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Depression
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Emotions
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 15 minutes (1-11 pages) > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Depression
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Mental Health > Emotions
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Pathologies