4.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly haute cuisine, but has a lot of useful recipes
Yes, crock pots, once considered a kind of quaint relic of the seventies, are making a comeback. And why not? The basic idea is that you take a bunch of ingredients, throw them into the crock pot in the morning, and by dinnertime, voila--you have something hot, fragrant, and tasty. And what's more, a lot of the foods cooked this way taste even better as leftovers...
Published on February 1, 2002 by Douglas A. Greenberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Majority of recipes not healthy (but some are), repetitive
I bought this book and I am not sure I would again. There are about 800 recipes in the book. There are 4 major drawbacks to this book. First -- A vast number of them do contain a LOT of cheese and fats (1 to 3 cups per recipe) and preprepared soups and soup mixes. Definitely not the healthy meals I try to prepare. Second -- There are multiple variations of the same...
Published on February 12, 2003

‹ Previous | 130 31 3249 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this book all the time!!, February 27, 2013
Marilyn (Schenectady ,NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fix-It and Forget-It Revised and Updated: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes (Paperback)
I have purchased 4 more of these thru the years for my daughters and as gifts. It is full of easy and quick slow cooker recipes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, February 24, 2013
I have one of these and bought this for a friend. We use it all the time! If you are looking for new recipes to make in your crockpot, get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars slow cooker cook book., February 20, 2013
This is good for when you need extra recipes. Cheap by and worth it in some ways. Plenty of recipes online related to slow cooking, so it's your call if you want to order it or not. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slow cooker book for all experience levels., February 20, 2013
This is a great cookbook. I bought one for my daughter and one for her boyfriend, both of which are medical school students with very little time to cook. They have both used the cookbook every week since they received them and as a mom, it makes me happy to know that they are eating good, healthy food, rather than fast food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, February 18, 2013
My order was shipped and received in a timely fashion. Very affordable and exactly as described. I am very pleased. Thanks!

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, February 8, 2013
This was an ok cook book. I just thought it woudl be different than others but very much the same. Not bad at all just not up to what I expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., February 6, 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who uses a "crockpot" to prepare meals. The recipes provided are quite varied and there are chicken recipes that my wife and I find best suit our tastes. The book is well indexed and very clearly written. Bon appetite!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, January 30, 2013
I own this one and the Light version. Can't go wrong with this book! Lots of great recipes with ingredients you probably have on hand or can easily find. Something for everyone in here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Filled with easy, and family friendly recipes!, January 30, 2013
Ron (New Philadelphia, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
The best Slow Cooker cookbook ever! It is not filled with a lot of strange recipes you would never use. Instead it has meals you make every day, only easy! You will find tried and true recipes that a compiled from friends, family, and neighbors coming from all over the USA. This is a must have cookbook for the busy person who needs to come home to a great cooked meal, after working all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fix it and Forget it Cookbook, January 27, 2013
This cookbook is a very good investment. Although I've been using a crockpot for years, it's always nice to try new recipes. I've found quite a few new, yummy recipes in this book. I might add, there was a bit of a problem with the delivery of the first book, but that was quickly remedied & I received the second book in record time.

‹ Previous | 130 31 3249 | Next ›

Fix-It and Forget-It Revised and Updated: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes
$15.95 $10.91
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies