Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on February 19, 2009
There are very few "Foil" cooking cookbooks out there and if you want to know how to do and do it right, then this is the book to buy.

128 pages of tips and techniques covering Breakfasts, Main dishes, Potatoes & other Vegetables, Sandwiches, Deserts and a complete index.

Foil cooking basics, Campfire, Grilling, Oven cooking techniques for every recipe!!

The correct way to make foil packs!!

The recipes are easy and quick to make. This would make a great gift for any Scouters or camping enthusist you know.
on July 29, 2012
I recently ordered this for my son (boy scout) for his birthday. When flipping through, I noticed that there were blank areas where the all FRACTIONAL measurements should be (i.e. if it was supposed to have printed "1/2 t salt", it had " t salt") so you will have to guess at amounts. Luckily, you will know that it is more than zero and less than 1. My son was glad to receive and has already picked out his favorites. We haven't tried any yet, but the recipes seem easy enough for an 11 year old to make and provides lots of tips as well.
on September 8, 2008
I loved this cookbook from the minute I got it! We camp a lot and this book will be on board on EVERY camping trip. I highly recommend it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 2, 2014
I can remember, as a kid, making tin foil dinners over the hot coals of the camp fire. It was always the same one...hamburger and vegetables. I always loved it and it was my favorite camping food. Later in life I would learn that this is known typically as the "Hobo Dinner". I'm not a cook myself and I love simplicity and easy preparation when it comes to camping food. I've made these for my own family and they love them as well...but I always wondered if there were other simple little creations that could be made this way and be used primarily for camping. A quick search on Amazon and sure enough, there is a book about it. The book is great! It is a small spiral bound book that can be easily packed away for camping. It isn't a large hardbound tome...just a simple little book with some great ideas that are simplistic and easy to prepare. There are no pictures in the book and I don't think they are really needed...I mean come on...it is food in tin foil. Anyway, what the book has it simple recipes that gives you the items that you need to prepare the meal, directions that the most simple minded folk (like myself) can understand and it gives you three different types of cooking methods. Oven, campfire, and grill. It explains how you long you would cook it for each of the different circumstances. There is also a section for each item that provides additional variations of things you could add to the meals. The meal's recipe and directions are on the left side of the book and the cooking methods/variations are on the right. You have meals broken down into Breakfasts Main Dishes, Potatoes & Other Vegetables, Sandwiches, and Desserts. There is also a section dealing with "Foil Facts & Cooking Tips". There is some pretty interesting things to try and I've already marked a few to practice with. For someone like me, who is not a cook, looking for something simple and fun to make while camping...this is a great companion for our next wilderness adventure.
on July 16, 2010
Great book for learning to cook without pots and pans. Great book for Scouts.
on March 25, 2011
This book covers how to cook with foil instead of pots or pans. It shows how to do this in the oven, on a grill, or in a campfire. The directions are useful and unique. I believe this book will help me greatly with trial and error of foil cooking!
on August 10, 2012
When I received this book I was excited to use it on our camping trip until I discovered a lot of the fractional measurements were missing from almost every recipe in the book. How do you publish a cook book with out the exact measurements for the ingredients? Amazon is sending me a replacement...fingers crossed that one won't have the same issue!
on February 21, 2016
Love this cookbook and I use all the time when camping! The recipes are easy and tell exactly how to cook whether over a campfire or in an oven. I ordered another one for a camping friend of mine and she also loves it. I then ordered yet another one for my mother so she can make easy meals in the oven at home with very little effort and clean-up. She loves the simplicity and lack of dishes! I highly recommend this!
on September 19, 2010
This little book has turned out to be fun for outdoor cooking/grilling while on the road RVing/traveling. Fun book!
on July 11, 2015
As a camping family we have had a lot of fun with this book. Also dinner ideas are often tried at home in the oven first before going out to do them. Kids loved the change and were not expecting us to slide a foil wrapped ball full of food in front of them when it came time for dinner. They loved it.