4.0 out of 5 stars A must read!
Must read this book if you are afflicted with the putting, chipping or full swing yips. Many, many good tips on how to minimize and perhaps overcome this dreaded "disease".
Published on April 28, 2008 by Brian D. Hamilton

3.0 out of 5 stars no forever fix for the yips found in this book
Published on June 21, 2007 by Fernando L. Sosa

3.0 out of 5 stars no forever fix for the yips found in this book, June 21, 2007
This review is from: Fix the Yips Forever: The First and Only Guide You Need to Solve the Game's WorstCurse (Hardcover)
It took me many years to find out that I've had the yips since I learned to play golf when I was only twelve years old. Its terrible to love this game so much and not be able to progress simply because this strange ailment that came into my swing when I least expected. It affected not only my putting but every aspect of my game, maybe the wiring in my brain is not suitable for playing golf but because hope is the last thing you loose I keep looking for a cure.

A few years ago I started learning about the neurological causes of the yips from the studies on the Mayo Clinic, they found that is simply an involuntary movement similar to what is known as distonia or basically a nervous tic that appears in moments of stress. After so many years at least I have an explanation to my weird unexpected swings, the sad thing about this study is that the researchers didn't have a clue on how to cure the condition.

So you can imagine the illusion into which I bought this book, with such a promising title and by such a prominent author I couldn't wait to find out how to get rid of the yips that have make me so miserable for so many years.

Good explanation about the causes of the yips and an interesting research by the germans with the device to detect the exact moment on which a golfer gets the involuntary movement, otherwise this book is a rip off. It does not deliver what it promises, it only make some suggestions on how to help yourself on controlling the yips not to get rid of them. The author recognizes the difficulty in controling the yips when chipping and give only a few hints for controlling your putting and the driver but no statistical evidence to prove if this methods work short or long term.

I feel like if I've been taken again by one of the golf gurus who keep selling magic clubs or devices to improve our game when most of the time they know the falseness of their claims, didn't expected from Tiger Woods coach and now I don't know whom to trust anymore.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read!, April 28, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have them, you're in the right place, January 9, 2007
If you suspect that the dreaded y word is part of your golf makeup, then this book is necessary reading. You don't cure them; you learn to live with them, and Hank shows you how. From the mild forms to the worst of cases, Hank Haney will help you learn to enjoy golf again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your time and money, April 7, 2013
Overly long for the advice given. Nothing new here. i knew Hank will do anything for another dollar but I hoped there would something here for chipping yips. Nope!

4.0 out of 5 stars yips corrected, August 29, 2011
Robert Mcmaster "Bob Mac" (pittsburgh, pa United States) - See all my reviews
this book has been excellent for helping my short golf game--recommend it for any one having putting and chipping problems

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read for those wondering if they have the yips!, September 23, 2010
Rob Neff (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am subtracting one star because Hank admits in the book there is no forever fix and it's a matter of controlling them so the title is kind of misleading. However, Hank packs the book full of useful information including how to diagnose your yips and how to do drills that help you reduce and control the yips. I liked how he contrasted the quick fixes (switching grips, moving to left-hand, a belly/long putter) to using drills to control the yips. So far I've done a few of his drills and they make sense. Changing grips worked as a quick fix, but he's right that you have to relearn distance control. As an amateur playing only a dozen times a year, I may just stick with his quick fixes, but I will try to do his drills as well and post back if that fixes my yips.

I'm just glad I've found some solutions that will not make me so scared next time I have a 2-3 foot putt for par or birdie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yips be gone!, May 23, 2010
Eagle711 "Eagle711" (South Pasadena, California) - See all my reviews
I struggled for two years with the worst case of the putting yips. Hank has two systems. Fix it mentally or fix it physically. By drastically changing my grip and taking my right hand out of the putt I am no longer yipping. It is a great book with lots of ideas and empathy for the dreaded yip disease that can be cured.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid instructional book on the golf game, January 8, 2009
Eagle Vision (Southeastern United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Hank Haney coached Tiger Woods in 2008. His credentials are extensive. When an expert writes about a common anomaly as the Yips, one should really listen to him.

Haney covers everything from the full swing, short game (chips) and putting yips. He shows methods of how to swing the club and how to cope with the yips. I read this book primarily for information, as a beginner and a golf scholar (having already read dozens of golf books). He advocates the arc type of putting stroke over the straight back-straight through stroke.

The text is easy to follow and the author cites clinical research behind the phenomenon of the yips. The book is well illustrated with sharp full color photographs.

Overall, Haney's advice is solid. I highly recommend this book (even if you don't have the yips).

5.0 out of 5 stars If anything can help, this book can, October 12, 2007
The review by Fernando L. Sosa "periososa" was both unfair and inaccurate. This book is both interesting and helpful. It begins with a history and explanation of the yips and then differentiates between ordinary mechanical setup problems and true nervous yips. This is the only book to my knowledge that goes beyond a simple paragraph or page explanation in other books. I started golf forty years ago with horrible driver yips which took me thirty years to manage. Then, I developed chipping and putting yips. This book has been a great help identifying and offering typical approaches to manage your yips. I switched to a belly putter and a cross-handed grip and now I only have a rare twitch at contact with the ball that drives the ball to the left. I have a feeling that the critical reviewer wanted a simple, one paragraph, permanent solution to his problem. As sport psychologists and philosophers suggest, the answer lies within you; you already have the cure. Hank Haney gives you the insight and techniques to help you help yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fixing the yips forever, April 2, 2009
Ron M (Atlanta,GA) - See all my reviews
Great book. I got a lot out of it and have improved my chipping quite a bit based on some of the info and pratise ideas from the book.

Used & New from: $0.13