Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fixing the Money Thing: A practical Guide to Your Financial Success
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 30, 2011
The mangement of finances today is paramount to living a Christian life, or should I say everyday, just not today. So, some questions!
So, do you spend money without really thinking? Do you use credit cards so you can purchase 'things'? Do you have dificulity paying your bills on a regular basis? Do you have real needs and they cannot be met? Are you having a problem paying for your electric or oil heating bills?

And do you fight with yourself or others because of your lack of control of the funds your earn, and the way you spend your money?

There are so many questions! Our Lord has the answer!

This book by Gary Keesee addresses a life of how to fix such problems and many more in a godly manner. It is an excellent book for financial successful living of your Christian life. Are you intersted in change in this financial area of your life? This book is just great then for you!
on March 17, 2011
It's easy to feel bogged down by the sea of information regarding financial stuff (I'm not a mathematician!) but "Fixing the Money Thing" lays it out step by step.

I got a lot of great ideas for saving money, making money, and even investing money when I get to that point.

Joyce Meyer endorsed the book on the back, and if you like Joyce's candid style, you will love this book.
on February 4, 2009
the book is well written and gives practical advice on money and personal finances. Something to recommend in this credit crunch! thumbs up!
on July 13, 2010
This book has changed my life. I have been through other financial programs and just couldn't do them OR understand all of them! This is easy, simple and just plain common sense and I CAN DO IT! Thank you
on November 30, 2009
A Good Read. God's way of doing things, in he's kingdom.
A much different way to live. And it does in fact work!
It work for me. It will work for you. Do it God's Way.
Learn the Spiritual Way to get your needs meet.
You need this book. Get a Copies Today. Give them away as gifts!

Best Regards
True Believer
on September 26, 2013
This book is split into two distinct sections, with the first section offering practical financial advice, and the second offering real stories the author about how the author turned the financial situations of financially-burdened people around.

The section on practical advice is nice. It clearly explains how buying items now using "borrowed" money is a bad idea because of the added interest required when paying back the money. The author shows how the more desperate you are for borrowing money, the more expensive it gets, and this never-ending cycle makes it difficult to resolve unless you start living within your means to pay off the debt and avoid it altogether.

The second part, which has stories of real people who had their financial lives turned around, is a bit less useful to me. Since these stories vary from person to person, it does not offer practical concrete advice, but rather emphasis on using faith to trust in the Kingdom of God for your financial needs.

Overall, this book is well-written, but understand that there is some scripture references involved, so some religious background would be nice to better appreciate this book.
on September 27, 2011
I purchased this after seeing Gary Keesee on Sid Roth's Christian television show, and was somewhat disappointed. First off, there's really nothing new here. If you've read anything by Dave Ramsey or similar authors you already know the ropes.

My main concern is that Gary has his own financial business... Forward Financial Group, that he references in his book. His company provides services like selling Prepaid Legal (a complete ripoff) and thus he gives those types of things a positive spin in his book. He also recommends taking our second mortgages to pay off debts (surprise, his Forward Financial group is also a mortgage broker.) I could list several other financial services his company provides that get recommendations in his book, when an unbiased consumer advocate (likie Clark Howard) would tell you to not do those things.

Save your money instead of buying this book and use it to start living within your means. You'll get more advice from listening (for free) to Dave Ramsey's or Clark Howard's radio shows for a couple of days.
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2013
Gary Keesee has written my favorite Christ centered book on finances - Fixing the Money Thing. The change in my life through his teaching has been nothing short of extraordinary. It caused me to write a book myself called Overflowing Success, which details this amazing transformation in my life through God's Kingdom. We were even able to pay off our mortgage in just one year. Nothing is impossible with God! Fixing the Money Thing is the first book everyone should read regarding their finances. If you are looking for religion rather than a relationship with Christ - this book isn't for you. As Gary reveals, a real life, full and abundant is only found in God's Kingdom. Also, be sure to check out his television show, if you haven't already, and his powerful teaching series on cd.
on October 10, 2013
Money is on everyone's mind many of us are living paycheck to paycheck.  If only I had no debt then I could really live, but this is not true.  We have to change our mindset and ask God to show us His way as Gary Keesee states in the book.  We need to take our money along with our lives and give it all to God.  Easier said than done, but with prayer and a true desire to change it can be done.  This is what Fixing the Money Thing is about.  How to get started and how with trusting God we can become debt free.  We just have to stop and turn around and follow God's path.  Great principles and easy steps to follow pick up the book trust me you will learn something.  I got this book for free from Bookbub.com.
on January 7, 2016
Common sense money strategies. No biblical secret. Not rocket science. Or math. People, just stop wanting everything you see!!!! If it aint food, water, or air, you probably don't need it!!!! Help others please.